American, 50% of our citizens are poor or low income. Shame!

Does it mention the two TV's, computer, cell phone that thees "poor" own ? Wonder if a poor Mexican in Mexico has that stuff ? Or Somalia ? Sheesh.

Well if a "lower" unemployment rate is because of Obama then this is Obama's fault too. This guy blows then! But in reality poor is a relative term. Very few people are poor or in poverty in America. If you have electricity, running water and food, then guess what ... you ain't poor!

Does it mention the two TV's, computer, cell phone that thees "poor" own ? Wonder if a poor Mexican in Mexico has that stuff ? Or Somalia ? Sheesh.

A comment only callous conservatives would make.

How so ? What more do they need to not be poor ? And how can I be a conservative ? According to the curent political ruleing class I am one of those poor guys, yet all my kids have cell phones, good clothes, I lay here pecking away on this computer with my dog on the floor at my feet we all eat well so then, what more do we need to not be poor ?

You can't eat a TV, or wear a TV, or drive it to look for work.

You can't eat a TV, or wear a TV, or drive it to look for work.

Neat! sounds like something they wouldn't have if they couldn't afford the later. Oh wait... they can? Nuts!

The fixation on TVs and microwaves is idiotic. People have lost their jobs. They still have the things that they had before they lost their jobs.

and they aren't starving either

Neat! sounds like something they wouldn't have if they couldn't afford the later. Oh wait... they can? Nuts!

The fixation on TVs and microwaves is idiotic. People have lost their jobs. They still have the things that they had before they lost their jobs.

and they aren't starving either

Stop making excuses. You'd find a way to blame them even in a famine.

In the OP I suggested no finger pointing or blame and all Americans should be ashamed that approximately 50% of our country's citizens are in economic difficulty. Yet immediately the victims are blamed and the facts noted in the article are denied. Some go so far as to suggest anyone with a TV and Cell phone can't be poor or struggling.

What motivates people to be so callous, so unwilling to even discuss a statistic and possible causes? Why do they place the blame on the poor and the poorly compensated? Is it because to actually think about the issue would create a cognitive dissonance or do they lack empathy?

In the OP I suggested no finger pointing or blame and all Americans should be ashamed that approximately 50% of our country's citizens are in economic difficulty. Yet immediately the victims are blamed and the facts noted in the article are denied. Some go so far as to suggest anyone with a TV and Cell phone can't be poor or struggling.

What motivates people to be so callous, so unwilling to even discuss a statistic and possible causes? Why do they place the blame on the poor and the poorly compensated? Is it because to actually think about the issue would create a cognitive dissonance or do they lack empathy?

I definitely dont lack empathy, I mean I work at home depot. Not lots of dollars there, but I have what I want. I feed the family. I did not read the article because its the same crap. Everyone struggles, its called work. We have been doing it since we existed. The poor in this country are better off then any where else and I feel no shame for there plight. I did not put them there.

I definitely dont lack empathy, I mean I work at home depot. Not lots of dollars there, but I have what I want. I feed the family. I did not read the article because its the same crap. Everyone struggles, its called work. We have been doing it since we existed. The poor in this country are better off then any where else and I feel no shame for there plight. I did not put them there.

"I did not read the article because its the same crap." ?!!

Sounds about right.

1/2 of America has less than the other half.

I wonder what kind of sophisticated algorithm was used to arrive at such an astute conclusion

I suppose had you read the link you might understand the absurdity of your conclusion. But as the guy above stated, why read it's always the same crap.

OOh, sorry, I am eating while typing. I meant to say same old crap. Whats the solution then, and who should be ashamed, are you ashamed ? If so, I could use about $5,000 bucks to squander if it would make you feel better.

Last edited:
Notice how desperate the federal government was to include homeless helpless illegals in census data? "We promise not to ship you back if you just sign on the bottom line". They got it and now they are shocked, I say shocked about the "low income" that people in the United States endure. Here's a suggestion, establish policies that lower the price of energy and gas and diesel fuel that impact everything including comodity prices instead of whining about statistics.

OOh, sorry, I am eating while typing. I meant to say same old crap. Whats the solution then, and who should be ashamed, are you ashamed ?

I am ashamed by the reaction of other Americans to the news that 50% of our population struggle and The Congress does nothing to alleviate the matter.

The solution is simple, raise revenue and cut spending. The problem therein is the GOP refuses to raise revenue and will only consider spending cuts which are ideologically based, i.e., cutting entitlements to our citizens. Notice, not one member of Congress has introduced a bill cutting the salary and benefits of members of Congress, cutting DOD largess in their state or district or earmarks to their constituents.

Forum List

Back