America Without God: No 'Moral Facts'

God is just an opiniom, and THATS a fact.
Morals can be arrived at through correct deductive reasoning, thats a fact.

Some morals are facts, independent of god, their grounding is irrefutable reasoning - not god.

Only infidels, protestants, and renegades deny and disparage a Bible in favor of Prohibition regarding potentially seed bearing plants that are good to eat.

Raw cannabis contains THCA and CBDA, ineffective alkaloids. They must be heated to produce THC and CBD, which in turn produces the “high.” This is the reason for smoking or vaporizing. By eating or juicing raw cannabis in its natural state, there is no “high” to speak of. Drinking fresh-squeezed cannabis juice (similar to wheat grass juice) or eating raw cannabis as a leafy green vegetable is fast becoming a preferred means of consumption for individuals in search health benefits without losing their heads in the clouds.

Source: Juicing RAW Cannabis - Eating RAW Cannabis - Global Healing Center

As explained in the OP, a secular- godless- society has no moral facts.

The result is that it is impossible to explain why certain things are wrong, others, right.
Such statements become merely opinion.
This conclusion is necessarily true only for superstitious/religious societies.

For obvious reasons.

That bogus "conclusion" of the OP is based upon her own biased theist ignorance.

The facts prove that children raised in "secular-godless" homes are no less moral than those raised in devout theist homes.
This is so true. I have many friends who are not religious but who are thoughtful, educated, decent people and their children are the most well behaved, self controlled, focused, nice kids I meet, and I deal with young people a lot as part of my vocation. I have been very impressed with how my 'secular' friends have raised kids--in calm, balanced homes--kids who are confident in themselves, good students, have positive attitudes about life, etc.

You do not need 'the fear of God' in order to raise good children. In fact, it is very often detrimental.

It would be hard to prove that Atheists are any better parents than theist parents. As an Atheist parent the questions regarding the religions of your children's friends are inevitable. We took the time to explain religions and why some people find them beneficial in their lives.

We also explained that our daughter should be respectful of the religious beliefs and traditions of others. She has attended Christian, Jewish, Muslim and Hindu celebrations with her friends from school and there was never any problem. None of the parents of her friends ever made her feel unwelcome because she was an Atheist. If I recall correctly at least one mother asked why her own child could not be more like my daughter! :D

How come its always the so-called "christians" who say, that without their "god"/religion/bible that they would have no morals or ethics, no sense of right and wrong?

Are you nutters really only one Sunday school session away from being mass murderers?

No kidding! I always wonder what's really going on inside of their little pea brains.

I'm not saying atheists, I'm saying non religious people. I don't discuss religion with people or their beliefs, but most of the people I am friendly with are not active in any organized religion and don't use the rules of any religion as a way to teach their children how to behave. They use thoughtful common sense, knowledge of the world, essential kindness, etc. And I'm not saying that non-religious people are necessarily better parents, but they are certainly not weaker parents than religious people, and often, as I have observed, quite effective parents.

For example, why not cheat in school (or anywhere)? Because God says not to? No, because one wants to have self respect and cheaters don't have self respect.

Or, why behave well and not get in trouble in school or with the police, etc. Not because God would disapprove but because it is a matter of your own character, dignity and self respect.

No one needs a vengeful, threatening father figure to understand how to be a decent human being.

And the parent needs to model the behavior they are teaching their children. Not all, but so many so called religious people are such total hypocrites, it is really not possible for them to model the behavior they expect of their children.

Last edited:
Republicans need to get their morals from a book through the threat of eternal torture. Hope it takes. Otherwise, as Political Chic is pointing out, there is no holding them back.

I'm not saying atheists, I'm saying non religious people. I don't discuss religion with people or their beliefs, but most of the people I am friendly with are not active in any organized religion and don't use the rules of any religion as a way to teach their children how to behave. They use thoughtful common sense, knowledge of the world, essential kindness, etc. And I'm not saying that non-religious people are necessarily better parents, but they are certainly not weaker parents than religious people, and often, as I have observed, quite effective parents.

I guess the dingbat OP never read, "All I Really Need to Know I learned in Kindergarten." :D

How come its always the so-called "christians" who say, that without their "god"/religion/bible that they would have no morals or ethics, no sense of right and wrong?

Are you nutters really only one Sunday school session away from being mass murderers?

No kidding! I always wonder what's really going on inside of their little pea brains.

I've noticed alot of Christians have said things that leads to that conclusion. But it is really a reflection of what they think will happen to society.

To them, a society without Jesus Christ is a hedonistic hellhole filled with murder, theft, rape, and lacking consideration of their fellow man. Of course, there are non-christian societies that they do not explore. So these Christians do not have an idea of how a people without christ will behave.

To me, barring cultural differences, you get pretty much the same mix of people no matter where you go.

^ that

\end thread

Could be a good topic...regretfully, I treat PChic's posts like Emily posts...I read the first sentence, start to glaze over and then feel the need to relieve myself. Could be a gem of a post...too bad she has to write a boring novella.

Agree ... Does anyone actually read PC, Flanders, Emily or that Spetch freak?

"Define "murder" and what is bad (or good) about it.
Who says?"

Huh?

"Conversation????

No....I'm merely attempting to educate you."

That pretty much sums it up.

She actually believes she is an authority on "god's authority" and will now wander and meander around, not making much sense but telling us that we're stupid for not getting her weird point of view.

Her knowledge does not compare with her ego.

She is one angry little adopted asian girl
agree 1000% about PoliticalChic :laugh:

We have a written Constitution for a reason; and, it is termed and styled, our supreme law of the land, and therefore, more supreme than commandments of Religion.

Only infidels, protestants, and renegades have a problem with it.

Forum List

Back