America was founded on compromise and tolerance.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
I see people pretending to believe that the founding fathers were all Christians. I see others saying that the founding fathers were all NOT Christians.

Quite frankly it does not matter.

I suspect that the Founding Fathers were for the most part religious men, but they more than likely saw the folly with most of the organized religions that existed in their day. Being an historian I have see a lot of their writings and could most certainly take items out of context to prove that they were all atheists or deists or this or that. Again, it does not matter.

What matters is that they saw the need to be open and willing to accept all manner of belief as long as that belief did not cause harm to others. In the United States and most civilized countries of the world, the government will stop religious practices that can cause harm to people of other faiths or standards or to believers in the harmful religion. The United States Army marched against the Mormon Church in Utah at one time. The Mormons compromised on some of their behavior and the Army did not have to correct them. That is as it should be.

If we could have intercepted Heaven's Gate before their leader led them astray, we could have saved lives. Ditto with Jim Jones down in Guyana. And Waco.

A little coming to common agreement can work wonders.

Hey n00barf, wanna explain again how tolerant YOU'VE been here on these boards?

How about your satanic threads?

And.........do you live in America? If so, I suggest you start demonstrating a bit yourself dud.

And.........do you live in America? If so, I suggest you start demonstrating a bit yourself dud.

yeah, n00barf?
:eusa_whistle:
Telling you that you are going to hell has nothing to do with my tolerance. The Bible says what it says. Nincompoops who can not differentiate between what the Bible says and what I say only make fools of themselves like you have done. I am not responsible for what it says in the Bible, even though you think I am.

Again, your gross stupidity is not my problem. You are dumber than shit and twice as stupid and think that I am responsible for your mental problems. Sorry, I just tell you what is in the Bible. If you do not like it, take it up with the author. Blaming me for what the Bible says has to be the craziest stupid thing I have ever seen. Blame it on Bad DNA. Obviously, you are an inferior subhuman and really should consider terminating yourself.

Last I checked no nation was founded by perfect people, after all the US was founded on lots of good principles but then they ruined it with the whole allowing slavery thing. As for the founders most were deists and some of them probably were religious. The reason they wanted a separation of church and state was because of what religion was like in England with the government having a state protestant church, plus they were persecuted on the basis of their religious beliefs back in Europe.

Last edited:

Again, your gross stupidity is not my problem. You are dumber than shit and twice as stupid and think that I am responsible for your mental problems. Sorry, I just tell you what is in the Bible. If you do not like it, take it up with the author. Blaming me for what the Bible says has to be the craziest stupid thing I have ever seen. Blame it on Bad DNA. Obviously, you are an inferior subhuman and really should consider terminating yourself.

:cuckoo:

So........this is your demonstration of tolerance n00barf?

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back