America - Tyranny by minority

Deornwulf

Nov 10, 2004
America is on the slippery slope of becoming a place where the majority is persecuted, reviled, and despised. We have already witnessed the downplaying of any accomplishments of the "dead white guys" while the relatively unimportant actions of certain members of minorities have been over-inflated. History books have been carefully edited to show America's European settlers in the worst possible light while showing the Native Americans to be admirable noble savages, incapable of any evil until the white man showed him how. Literature books eschew the works of Shakespeare, Milton, Twain, and Swift to feature the writings of obscure minority authors. (Strangely enough not even choosing their best works if the writings are not politically correct.)

Now it would seem that Christmas is on trial. There are those who would support ending it as a Federal Holiday. These individuals abhor any mention of Christ in the public eye, exhorting businesses like Sears and Target to avoid any mention of Christmas during the winter season. Communities are forbidden from having religious displays lest they offend a single person. Children are not allowed to have Christmas Parties or sing Christmas Carols while at a public school (but can practice Islamic fasting and praying). All done in the name of protecting the rights of the minority.....

But what of the rights of the majority? What if I am offended by the lack of a creche in the town square? What if I don't feel comfortable shopping at a store that doesn't want to wish me a Merry Christmas? What if I can't afford a private school but wish my child to know the joy of sharing Christmas with his fellow classmates at the place where he (by law) spends so much of his time?

Are my rights ever going to matter?

After his press conferenece, did Dubbyuh say "Merry Christmas!"? No, he said "Happy Holidays!", another victim of PC.

<h1><font color=red>MERRY CHRISTMAS, From a Godless Buddhist!</font></h1> :)

Bullypulpit said:
After his press conferenece, did Dubbyuh say "Merry Christmas!"? No, he said "Happy Holidays!", another victim of PC.

<h1><font color=red>MERRY CHRISTMAS, From a Godless Buddhist!</font></h1> :)
And a Happy Nirvana to you! :)

Forum List

Back