America, The Stupid

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
On USMB the other day a fake commencement address by a right wing talking head is praised as the best ever. Since I know many teachers, and the work they do, and the difficulties they face in a society in which only money and sports are worshipped, I took umbrage with such nonsense.

My solution to the buffoon's 'libelous'* speech - I am not sure what word to use when someone who earns their living talking shit all day criticizes people who actually contribute to society - was the old fashioned one, a good punch in the mouth followed by a toss off the stage. How else could you rationally debate a total jackass.

I was raised in a world in which the teacher was in charge in the classroom and the student listened. Today in America every moron, with equally moronic parents, is not only right, but the teachers wrong. And then when asked why our students do so poorly, the teachers are blamed. Imagine if little Joanie studied instead of texting and kicking a ball all evening?

America is becoming stupid because the ideas of fools are taken serious, consider Fox as an example, its listeners know nothing about the world, or consider Rush Limbaugh's nonsense, then there is Coulter, Savage, Beck, Hannity, et al, can anyone think of dumber media personalities? Lots out there. Big money fools support the stupid because the stupid say and write and print what the big money fools want them to say. Consider the revisionist stupidity from Jonah Goldberg? Seriously, are these fools the best the conservatives can bring to the table today?

Liberals today need to call a spade a spade, stupidity is sponsored by the wealthy stupid, and the greedy stupid, and the ideological stupid, stupidity has gone on too long. Every fool gets a Koch, Simmons, Perry, Murdoch et al soapbox when the fool argues against the American values that made this country great, so it time we too call stupid stupid. Unapologetic, I have to say anyone who praises Neal Boortz's fake commencement address is kinda stupid, nah, let's be honest, really stupid.

"Quite possibly, this belief in our own opinion, regardless of the facts, may be what separates us from the nations of the world, what makes us unique in God’s eyes. The average German or Czech, though possibly no less ignorant than his American counterpart, will probably consider the possibility that someone who has spent his life studying something may have an opinion worth considering. Not the American. Although perfectly willing to recognize expertise in basketball, for example, or refrigerator repair, when it comes to the realm of ideas, all folks (and their opinions) are suddenly equal. Thus evolution is a damned lie, global warming a liberal hoax, and Republicans care about people like you." Mark Slouka

* When a right wing talking head condemns a whole group as incompetent, he not makes himself the fool, but his criticism paints a false portrait of a noble profession. Stupid speech is stupid speech and should be labeled stupid.

America is becoming stupid because the ideas of fools are taken serious, consider Fox as an example, its listeners know nothing about the world, or consider Rush Limbaugh's nonsense, then there is Coulter, Savage, Beck, Hannity, et al, can anyone think of dumber media personalities? Lots out there. Big money fools support the stupid because the stupid say and write and print what the big money fools want them to say. Consider the revisionist stupidity from Jonah Goldberg? Seriously, are these fools the best the conservatives can bring to the table today?
Yes.

That stupidity and ignorance is consistent with conservative dogma; to introduce facts and the truth into the issue only undermines that dogma.

Liberals today need to call a spade a spade, stupidity is sponsored by the wealthy stupid, and the greedy stupid, and the ideological stupid, stupidity has gone on too long. Every fool gets a Koch, Simmons, Perry, Murdoch et al soapbox when the fool argues against the American values that made this country great, so it time we too call stupid stupid. Unapologetic, I have to say anyone who praises Neal Boortz's fake commencement address is kinda stupid, nah, let's be honest, really stupid.

Liberals, however, need to take care to fight back with documented evidence and facts. This is very difficult to do, of course, as the facts often follow the lies conservatives spew, particularly with regard to the conservative tactic of aggressively repeating lies over and over again in the hope they be perceived as the truth.

On USMB the other day a fake commencement address by a right wing talking head is praised as the best ever. Since I know many teachers, and the work they do, and the difficulties they face in a society in which only money and sports are worshipped, I took umbrage with such nonsense.

My solution to the buffoon's 'libelous'* speech - I am not sure what word to use when someone who earns their living talking shit all day criticizes people who actually contribute to society - was the old fashioned one, a good punch in the mouth followed by a toss off the stage. How else could you rationally debate a total jackass.

I was raised in a world in which the teacher was in charge in the classroom and the student listened. Today in America every moron, with equally moronic parents, is not only right, but the teachers wrong. And then when asked why our students do so poorly, the teachers are blamed. Imagine if little Joanie studied instead of texting and kicking a ball all evening?

"Quite possibly, this belief in our own opinion, regardless of the facts, may be what separates us from the nations of the world, what makes us unique in God’s eyes. The average German or Czech, though possibly no less ignorant than his American counterpart, will probably consider the possibility that someone who has spent his life studying something may have an opinion worth considering. Not the American. Although perfectly willing to recognize expertise in basketball, for example, or refrigerator repair, when it comes to the realm of ideas, all folks (and their opinions) are suddenly equal. Thus evolution is a damned lie, global warming a liberal hoax, and Republicans care about people like you." Mark Slouka

* When a right wing talking head condemns a whole group as incompetent, he not makes himself the fool, but his criticism paints a false portrait of a noble profession. Stupid speech is stupid speech and should be labeled stupid.

American is going through still another of its know-nothing phases.

These periods are marked by revived religious evangelism and anti-intellectualism.

Who is it that controls Public Education? It aint the Religious types. Cause if that were true, then Public School kids would be winning those Scripps Spelling Bees.

When WAS the last time that happened? :confused:

Who is it that controls Public Education? It aint the Religious types. Cause if that were true, then Public School kids would be winning those Scripps Spelling Bees.

Have you ever heard of Texas or Tennesse?

Who is it that controls Public Education?

DEMOCRATS and TEACHERS UNIONS.

So the OP is shooting himself in the foot, aside from half his diatribe being lies.
Oh I don't disagree that Americans are stupid. Our jobs are being shipped overseas, the dollar is crashing, the economy sucks.

But what do people care about? "Dancing with the Stars".

I don't know if it can be turned around.

Last edited:
Will the freaking left ever stop whining about Fox? Listen to taxpayer funded PBS or CBS who tried to use forged documents to influence a presidential election if you want to hear biased reporting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg]Uhhh...what did she just say?? Miss Teen South Carolina 2007 - YouTube[/ame]

The spirit of my mom is saying be nice, James. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxCaOzmV0LE]Best Advice From Johnny Depp - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU]Harlem voters - YouTube[/ame]

you got that right.

Who is it that controls Public Education?

DEMOCRATS and TEACHERS UNIONS.

So the OP is shooting himself in the foot, aside from half his diatribe being lies.
Oh I don't disagree that Americans are stupid. Our jobs are being shipped overseas, the dollar is crashing, the economy sucks.

But what do people care about? "Dancing with the Stars".

I don't know if it can be turned around.

And I agree, Americans are stupid. They bought obama's pack of lies and even knowing full well he was nothing more than a little boy raised by radicals and had zero experience, enough of them voted for the fucker anyway. Yes, that was incredibly stupid. America is slipping academically, and it's because LIBERALS have almost TOTAL CONTROL over the education system. They have NO ONE to blame but themselves for the dumbing down of America.

"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library." -- Frank Zappa

Too bad we don't have a Federal Department of education...too bad...that could really help, right?

Americans want to be stupid. To be stupid is to be equal. As long as someone is smart, they no longer share equality with the stupid. Therefore everyone must be equally stupid.

If a right wing conservative republican libertarian were to seriously consider an President Obama vote stupid considering the improvement in jobs and the market under President Obama, what adjective would they use for themselves given the record of Bush II or for that matter almost any republican? Or even the do nothing republican congress? Retard? Dipshit? Moron? Any more ideas, for surely they would all fit the wingnut conservative republican libertarian as would of course stupid.

See my sig links for more reason to call someone stupid.

What a sad, pathetic little person. Calls others "stupid" but can't seem to come up with a single example of someone saying or doing something that proves the point.

Someone in this discussion is definitely stupid.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgfA2b9YSag]Stupid Obama Voters - YouTube[/ame]

If a right wing conservative republican libertarian were to seriously consider an President Obama vote stupid considering the improvement in jobs and the market under President Obama, what adjective would they use for themselves given the record of Bush II or for that matter almost any republican? Or even the do nothing republican congress? Retard? Dipshit? Moron? Any more ideas, for surely they would all fit the wingnut conservative republican libertarian as would of course stupid.

See my sig links for more reason to call someone stupid.

I can't imagine how desperate for attention you and FrancoWTF must be to keep calling attention to your sig lines

New Topics

Forum List

Back