America: The B-Movie?

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Pajamas Media » The American Political Scene: A Hollywood B Movie in Progress
American politics, I am starting to believe, has increasingly come to resemble a Hollywood B movie. Watching from the back row of the theater, i.e., Canada, I sometimes simply cannot believe what I am seeing. The sensation is similar in its way to what I experienced when I first learned about 9/11....

....Though admittedly more diffuse, the sense of incredulity and apprehension I feel today as I survey the American political scene is not appreciably different. Of course, I am not observing carnage and mayhem, but what I seem to be witnessing is a towering country on the verge of disintegration. It’s become an all-too-familiar litany by now. Under the current administration, the United States is accumulating a national debt that is practically inconceivable and that can only lead to massive economic collapse if it is not checked. It is a country that has begun to target not its terrorist enemies but its own intelligence operatives working to keep the American people safe. It releases terrorist detainees back into the world where many revert to their old maniacal anti-American ways. Bulletins emerging from the White House consider its own dissentient citizens, protesting against the government takeover of its public and economic life, as traitors to the cause.

Those are excerpts from the whole article, which I recommend you read. In particular, one line reminds me of a growing sentiment, both here and throughout the country:

I seem to be witnessing is a towering country on the verge of disintegration.

Forum List

Back