America still blames BOOOOOSH

Funny but not so funny Namvet. :(
You want to know what's funnier yet?

Last night I started going through a box of VHS tapes I'd had around since the mid to early 1980's. Lo and behold, I had a copy of "The Sound of Music" recorded on November 7th, 1988. Guess what I saw? no less than 5 Michael Dukakis ads for the election 'tomorrow'. Not a single one for HW Bush on NBC's "Night at the Movies". (It's more fun watching the old commercials than the movie now, it seems)

So, what is the platform that Mike was running on?

1. Stopping out of control deficit spending. (a paltry 200 billion or so)
2. Bringing outsourced jobs back to America.
3. Protecting the middle class from 'Tax Cuts for the Rich'.

All of them done in an overly pious attitude about how horrible the last 8 years had been under Reagan.

Plus ça change... (plus c'est la même chose)

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Poll: Bush still blamed for economy - Blogs from CNN.com

More than a year after President George W. Bush left office, more Americans continue to blame his administration over any other entity for the nation's economic woes, according to a new poll

31 percent of Americans said the Bush administration is at fault for the current state of the economy while only 7 percent pointed their finger at President Obama and his team

"The public still tends to blame the Republicans for current economic conditions," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "But looking forward is another matter. Americans think the GOP is responsible for getting us into this mess, but they think both parties are responsible for getting us out of it."

:clap2:

Thats because he sucks at being in charge of anything.

Last night I started going through a box of VHS tapes I'd had around since the mid to early 1980's. Lo and behold, I had a copy of "The Sound of Music" recorded on November 7th, 1988. Guess what I saw? no less than 5 Michael Dukakis ads for the election 'tomorrow'. Not a single one for HW Bush on NBC's "Night at the Movies". (It's more fun watching the old commercials than the movie now, it seems)

All of them done in an overly pious attitude about how horrible the last 8 years had been under Reagan.

same here. about 2 mons ago i went thru some of those old VHS tapes from the 80's. im gonna try and convert some to DVD as they are priceless and magnetic tape really goes bad over the years.

same here. about 2 mons ago i went thru some of those old VHS tapes from the 80's. im gonna try and convert some to DVD as they are priceless and magnetic tape really goes bad over the years.
Gotta love seeing the old commercials. Particularly the car, OTC drugs and kid food commercials. They're Sooooo BAAAAAAAD! News breaks are pretty wild too.

Gotta love seeing the old commercials. Particularly the car, OTC drugs and kid food commercials. They're Sooooo BAAAAAAAD! News breaks are pretty wild too.

i kept my old VCR and was surprised it still works !!!!!

I bought a dual DVD/VHS so I could convert.

THEN I discovered the VHS copy protect prevents me from copying movies I purchased and are starting to degrade.

Bastards.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Poll: Bush still blamed for economy - Blogs from CNN.com

69% of Americans polled state that they don't think Bush is at fault for the present Economy.

Asked Heratio today what his opinion was on GOP prospects in November........................

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-3.jpg

I bought a dual DVD/VHS so I could convert.

THEN I discovered the VHS copy protect prevents me from copying movies I purchased and are starting to degrade.

Bastards.

bummer. i didn't think that would would matter on tapes that old. i considered this but when i run out of tapes uh oh. so im looking into software that will convert any A/V to DVD. I have a tape about my late dads ship he served on in WW2. for me its priceless. and really starting to look bad.

Um....Yes.

In a New York Times/CBS News survey out Friday, 31 percent of Americans said the Bush administration is at fault for the current state of the economy while only 7 percent pointed their finger at President Obama and his team.

And then it goes on to say this---:lol::lol:

In a CNN/Opinion Research poll released last November, the public appeared split on who should be blamed if economic conditions don't approve: 47 percent said Bush and congressional Republicans while 45 percent said Obama and congressional Democrats.

Judging that this poll came from CNN--this is not good---not good at all for Obama & this administration.

"The economy hasn't improved"--in fact it's gotten worse.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back