America Spends The Most On Health Care, Yet Gets The Least

Then don't rely upon insurance.

A lot of people who render medical services give discounts for cash purchasers and offer payment plans.

The whole "people dying in the streets" myth is ...well...a myth.

Then don't rely on Insurance? Excellent plan, I promise you don't have cash on hand to pay off a week in a hospital let alone cancer treatment with chemo for a year. But way to think big picture. :doubt:
Lots of stuff in life is expensive....That doesn't mean that we should devise a gubmint program to provide "free" housing, automobiles and NY strips for everyone who wants them.

Are you really that dense? Since when are automobiles and steak a life necessity? Again, great analogy though. You're doing really well though.

Speaking of which, what if we had federally funded "food insurance"?...Oh yeah, Soviet Russia already tried that and ended up with people standing in line for days to get a few loaves of bread.

We have "food insurance". It's called food stamps. Again, keep trying with your terrible examples, they really aren't proving a single thing.

I've asked this of others, and I'm sure you'll do the same and ignore it. What is the highest level of education that you completed and what do you do for a living?

My best friend dies a year ago yesterday of pancreatic cancer.

She had zero insurance, yet charities, state and local programs for the indigent were able to pick up the lion's share of the tab for her hospitalization.

The entire federal socialized medical care scam is a piecemeal fascistic takeover of the whole system, over the maybe 15 million who would like to have insurance but don't.

So 15 million people don't deserve it? And what about all the people who do have insurance and still get screwed over?

The insured people get screwed over? You are as nuts as Dude and some of the other lame-o's.
Yes, the insurance companies find loopholes so that they can deny payment. It happens all the time.

Then don't rely on Insurance? Excellent plan, I promise you don't have cash on hand to pay off a week in a hospital let alone cancer treatment with chemo for a year. But way to think big picture. :doubt:
Lots of stuff in life is expensive....That doesn't mean that we should devise a gubmint program to provide "free" housing, automobiles and NY strips for everyone who wants them.

Are you really that dense? Since when are automobiles and steak a life necessity? Again, great analogy though. You're doing really well though.

Speaking of which, what if we had federally funded "food insurance"?...Oh yeah, Soviet Russia already tried that and ended up with people standing in line for days to get a few loaves of bread.

We have "food insurance". It's called food stamps. Again, keep trying with your terrible examples, they really aren't proving a single thing.

I've asked this of others, and I'm sure you'll do the same and ignore it. What is the highest level of education that you completed and what do you do for a living?

You going to try and say that food, housing and basic transportation aren't equal "needs" to medical care?!?!?...Well, I never herd of such mean-spirited, hard-hearted, selfish, etceteraetcetera so-snd-so in all my life! :rolleyes:

And food stamps are for the sainted pooooooor, not a blanket program for everyone. Moreover, the program costs no less that 5X than it was projected to cost.

Meanwhile, Medicare/Medicaid cost in excess of 10X (that's counting for inflation) what they were projected to cost.

Nice try, but no banana.

Food stamps are for the sainted pooooooor, not a blanket program for everyone...And the program costs no less that 5X than it was projected to cost.
WTF are you talking about? It's not a blanket program because not everyone NEEDS assistance buying food. While there are very few people in this country who could afford to pay all their medical bills throughout their lifetime without any assistance. YET again, your comparison is a piece of shit and you've tried to switch topics away from what you obviously know nothing about.

Food stamps are for the sainted pooooooor, not a blanket program for everyone...And the program costs no less that 5X than it was projected to cost.
WTF are you talking about? It's not a blanket program because not everyone NEEDS assistance buying food. While there are very few people in this country who could afford to pay all their medical bills throughout their lifetime without any assistance. YET again, your comparison is a piece of shit and you've tried to switch topics away from what you obviously know nothing about.
It is not.

If I walk into the welfare office, they have all sorts of criteria I need to fall below before I qualify for food stamps.

Socialized medical services are meant to be a blanket program for everyone for any and every medical service need.

Yes, we do pay the most. No, we don't get the least. But no, we aren't getting the best value for our money. Yes, it can be improved. No, the health care deform passed by the Democrats won't improve anything.

I think we should use the republicans plan to fix this.......oh wait, there is none. Business as usaul was their plan an deven you disagree with that considereing you said it can be improved.

The way we were doing it was wrong. Period. The republicans have NO plans at all.

It is not.

If I walk into the welfare office, they have all sorts of criteria I need to fall below before I qualify for food stamps.

Socialized medical services are meant to be a blanket program for everyone for any and every medical service need.

I can't even follow what your point is anymore and why you are talking about food and how it relates to the topic. Do you even know?

Costa Rica has 1/10 the personal income that we do, yet ranks above us in health care, and they are third in longevity. They have had universal health care for 60 years.

You know what else Costa Rica has? Almost zero regulation on private health care. That's why they have some extremely high quality private hospitals there that charge their customers a tiny fraction of what it costs in the US.

There is a reason some American's go to Costa Rica as doctors and there are reasons Americans go to Costa Rica for treatment.

In the United States it would never work like that (and hasn't in decades). All hospitals would be forced to accept every single person at all times. That is in addition to procedures and medications here that people leave the country to get because a doctor here could lose a license.

A public health care system would not be as much of a catastrophe if the government was hands off of doctors and patients who wouldn't participate. That's not how America works...

Americans pay more because so many of them have a third party pay the bill.

Since every other country the U.S. was compared with in this Commonwealth study also relies on a third party payment structure, that can't explain the discrepancy, although I suppose you can count out the U.K. since the payer and provider generally belong to the same entity.
How's that "cost containment" in Great Britain workin' out for them, huh?

Oh yeah....They're now rationing care. :lol:

Are you under the impression that insurance policies in our nation or any other have no limitations to what they'll pay for? Besides being silly, that seems like an odd thing to wish for after your gripes about the hazards of third party payment.

Well, I guess we cant say "were number 1" anymore....

I love when the righty's come back with...well why do people come here from othere country's for exotic or complicate procedures?

My come back is, because they are rich and can afford it. Most of us here cant.

:lol:
^^^^
Mr. Pot, meet Ms. Kettle.
roflolrhard.gif

I'm not suprised to see the dud using the "I'm rubber and you're glue" defense. It's probably all he has

so?...you use the "loaded question" defense so you dont have to answer any questions you....
A...dont know the answer too....

B.....know the answer....but dont like it...so its a "loaded question" and i wont answer it....

fuck Canada and thier medical lines. Now maybe we could use a drilling saftey lesson from them. Our hc is the best if you can afford it, I can so it's no issue for me. Why do world leaders fly here for HC if not the best quality. Dems would do well to question the cost more than the quality.

No one is questioning the quality of our health care. It is the best.

Not the best. Not even close.

There are third world nations with lower child mortality rates than the US.

hey Sanka....if you were in dire need of major surgery and had a choice between going to anywhere in the US or anywhere in Zimbabwe....where would you go?....

From the OP:

This year the competitors were Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. The U.S. finished last.

The insured people get screwed over?

i agree with Jake on this.....the Ins companies tell you in the beginning what they will cover and how much.....BUT thats not to say some halfassed Ins Companies have tried and suceeded in screwing someone over...which is why i am all for some strict regulations ....like if someone gets seriously ill.....you cannot be dropped....

Forum List

Back