America Speaking Out launched: Will you speak out?

R

rdean

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlrBDsNYejE&feature]YouTube - America Speaking Out[/ame]

This site was developed as part of an official effort to increase the dialogue between Americans and their Congress. Here, Americans are provided a new platform to share their priorities and ideas for a national policy agenda. As House Republicans, we are committed to our principles of limited, more accountable government; economic freedom; lower taxes; fiscal responsibility; protecting life, American values, and the Constitution; and providing for strong national security.

Home – America Speaking Out

------------------------------------------------

The ideas are great and very conservative. Here are a few:

On American Prosperity:

eliminating minimum wage laws will allow companies to hire many more Americans for just a fraction of the price. If Mexicans can work for 2$ an hour, so can we.

Tax the rich

Fiscal Accountability

Expenses of members of congress must be drastically reduced by reducing staff, eliminating postal privileges, closing office gyms, eliminate travel budgets, selling limos, revoking military aircraft privileges, revoke medical insurance coverage at end of service

Remove caps on oil spill liability so we aren't spending billions of taxpayers' money to clean up the messes caused by (highly profitable) private corporations

American Values

Religious arguments should have no place in modern political discourse.

Protect the sanctity of human life with single-payer health care, Medicare for All.

-------------------------------------------

I'm looking at the posts and let me point out that when a number shows 1.45k, that means 1.45 thousand.

What is surprising is the number of suggestions that don't seem very "conservative".

So the question becomes, has the Republican leadership become more conservative than the base? I'm not talking about the fringe crazy, but the real base.

The last time I heard of someone confronting a member of congress online that person was charaged with harassment, convicted as a felon, and thrown in a federal, pound me in the ass prison. These sucm don't want to talk to to their subjects.

New Topics

Forum List

Back