America Should Support Syria's ASSSSSad

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
ASSSSad might be a piece of shit, but he is 100 fold better than the Islamofacist terrorist that are trying to overthrow him. I applaud Obama from staying out of it. If ASSSad falls, then we have a caliphate/Taliban Islamist group taking over.

The devil we know is 100 fold better than the devil we don't!

your point is valid-----but I think it best if the US stays out of the cesspits of islamic dispute

ASSSSad might be a piece of shit, but he is 100 fold better than the Islamofacist terrorist that are trying to overthrow him. I applaud Obama from staying out of it. If ASSSad falls, then we have a caliphate/Taliban Islamist group taking over.

I respectfully disagree. We have to be on the side of freedom and democracy.

The Islamist that will come to power, will not promote freedom or democracy. In fact they will promote Sharia Law, which currently Syria is not under! They will be a terrorist regime! Taliban light if you will!

We shouldn't support them with weapons or intelligence, but maybe an arms embargo would suffice!

The Islamist that will come to power, will not promote freedom or democracy. In fact they will promote Sharia Law, which currently Syria is not under! They will be a terrorist regime! Taliban light if you will!

We shouldn't support them with weapons or intelligence, but maybe an arms embargo would suffice!
I heard in an offhand conversation today at the barbershop that the State Dept , Great Brittian and other factions are in talks with a group of Syrian exiles who are democratically inclined. I didn't catch where they're meeting. I'll try to find out.

your point is valid-----but I think it best if the US stays out of the cesspits of islamic dispute

Then why is it that Obama backed up the "Arab Spring" uprisings all over the place?

Didn't he know "Arab Spring" means Fundamentalist Fanatic Governments?

Look at the mess in the Middle East and all across the region now!

All because of the misguided Obama Foreign Policies.

It's too late now.

The US should offer diplomatic support and organizational and humanitarian aid to secular groups that seek a democratic government. Other than that, we should allow the Syrians to work out their own problems.

The US should offer diplomatic support and organizational and humanitarian aid to secular groups that seek a democratic government. Other than that, we should allow the Syrians to work out their own problems.

If the US did what you suggest there would be trouble with Syria's ally Russia and perhaps China as well. "Both Russia and China have significant economic and military relations with Syria. As permanent members of the UN Security Council, the countries have vetoed three Western-backed resolutions aimed at isolating the Assad regime".

As things stand the US through NATO is a powerful presence in the area. "Turkey has permitted Syrian refugees and opposition forces to reside within its borders. Saudi Arabia and Qatar have provided the Syrian opposition with small arms, but have thus far refrained from supplying heavy weaponry, such as shoulder-fired rockets. U.S. officials have cautioned against providing such arms, saying they may end up in the hands of jihadists."

Syria's Crisis and the Global Response - Council on Foreign Relations

If the US did what you suggest there would be trouble with Syria's ally Russia and perhaps China as well. "Both Russia and China have significant economic and military relations with Syria. As permanent members of the UN Security Council, the countries have vetoed three Western-backed resolutions aimed at isolating the Assad regime".

As things stand the US through NATO is a powerful presence in the area. "Turkey has permitted Syrian refugees and opposition forces to reside within its borders. Saudi Arabia and Qatar have provided the Syrian opposition with small arms, but have thus far refrained from supplying heavy weaponry, such as shoulder-fired rockets. U.S. officials have cautioned against providing such arms, saying they may end up in the hands of jihadists."

Russia and China would have little to say if the US did only what I suggested.

What America should do is stop asking for Democracy in Middle East countries that don't know the meaning of the word Democracy.

That's what Obama America should do!

Best America stay out of the Arab country blood & death massacres of the Arab Spring. Who are we to crash their parties?

Best America stay out of the Arab country blood & death massacres of the Arab Spring. Who are we to crash their parties?

I agree but... it's a little too late isn't it ..... stupid Obama and his stupid Democracy and his backing his ridiculous Arab Winter...........

too late

Russia and China would have little to say if the US did only what I suggested.

Hardly Russia is a staunch ally of Syrian and china is an economic ally. They do not want the US to be involved whatsoever.

It seems as along as they keep things within their boarders the US pushes for economic sanctions which Russia and China did not support.

What America should do is stop asking for Democracy in Middle East countries that don't know the meaning of the word Democracy.

That's what Obama America should do!

I could not agree more. These people do not want freedom and equality.

and all those who voted for Obama are guilty as well.

next thing you will say is Romney should become supreme ruler of Syria....:chillpill:

We got who we got and I pray that he makes the right decisions and exercises fidelity to his office.

next thing you will say is Romney should become supreme ruler of Syria....:chillpill:

We got who we got and I pray that he makes the right decisions and exercises fidelity to his office.

No

You got who you voted.

Too little too late to pray now.

Respectfully.

No

You got who you voted.

Too little too late to pray now.

Respectfully.

You make too many assumptions in this regard. Don't try to make this some partisan hack of a thread. I have worked too hard on the research...that is right actual research instead of blathering hackery.

Forum List

Back