America should change sides and support Palestine.

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Indofred, Nov 17, 2012.

1. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,610
    who has Afghanistan ever invaded ?

2. RoccoR

RoccoR Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,997
    MHunterB, et al,

I had heard something to this effect when I was in the Middle East. I was having coffee with a Egyptian couple. But I've not seen anything written about it.

(HEARSAY)

As I was told, the Jewish Immigrants and permanent residents in Palestine had been buying up property from the original land owners in Egypt, Jordan, and other countries, and made the property owners rich. That many of those that claim they were evicted did not actually own the property.

Is there any truth to this? I cannot find much on this topic. But many Palestinians claim they owned the land.

Most Respectfully,
    R

3. MHunterB

MHunterB Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,775
    Aside from the emotion conveyed, there really is no factual information in the last few comments made by EOTS.

That makes 'discussion' rather difficult. The only fact so far is that EOTS disagrees.....pretty well useless on its own.

4. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,610
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urAjTX51ebc]1953 - CIA Overthrow of Iran, Mohammed Mosaddeq - YouTube[/ame]

5. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,610
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbd5CTQCXto]1954, Guatemala - CIA & the United Fruit Company, Jacobo Arbenz - YouTube[/ame]

6. MHunterB

MHunterB Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,775
    Rocco, you might want to look up info on JNF, the 'Jewish National Fund' - it may have had another name before the State of Israel was established.

But yes, the earliest kibbutzim, etc were established on land which was bought by groups of Jews who had pooled their funds to set up cooperative farms. The same, incidentally, was done in the US - small groups of people from one town or area basically emigrated to places where they could 'go back to the land'.

I was having some of this disussion earlier with another poster who presumed to inform me that 'Zionism began in the late 19th C'. I would date the beginnings of 'Zionism' to the Babylonian Exile, which period also sees the first hints of 'Rabbinic' Judaism as the Jewish People were forced to find a way to worship YHVH withOUT a Temple and its rites.

Whether the Exile is the beginning of Zionism or not, there certainly was a continual movement by individuals AND small groups of Jews from many places in the Diaspora to return to Zion, to Jerusalem, to Israel.

That is why in the 15th C, the town of Sfat/Safed was a center of Jewish studies - because people came there to resettle in the Holy Land.

7. RoccoR

RoccoR Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,997
    eots, et al,

I'll be the first to admit that US Foreign Policy and the establishment of the hegemony needs to be straightened-out.

(COMMENT)

The US needs to leave the Middle East and these little countries like Afghanistan all together. We need to let them sort their own disputes out and choose their own destiny. If they kill themselves off, so be it. And we definitely need to keep our distance with respect to Egypt, Libya, Syria, Yemen, and any other country that wants to create another destabilized nationor failed state.

If we are so eager to nation build, we need to start at home; rebuilding our own infrastructure.

We should never Occupy. If we have to retaliate against one of these nations for committing or supporting a terrorist action against US interests, we should have a policy to strike, burn it to the ground, and then immediately leave --- no nation building and no foreign aid.

As a general rule, we should not render any type of aid to any country what so ever, unless they are a proven ally and not just hired allies.

Our US Foreign Policy needs to be so simple, everyone will understand it. It can't be so complicated that it takes a Minister Counsellor to the President to explain it.

Most Respectfully,
    R

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  8. MHunterB

MHunterB Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,775
    "wow ...what a load of bullshit "

Aside from the emotional content there's no factual componant to this post - which makes 'discussion' rather difficult.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  9. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,669
    I quoted directly from the Kings' website. Take it up with Abdullah. I didn't make up official Jordanian history.

You only have to look at recent events in Egypt to SEE the instability that is inherent. They will fight until someone consolidates enough dictatorial power to suppress the insurrections.

Our foreign policy has ALWAYS sucked since I started paying attention. Nothing being discussed here is intended to defend any of that.

10. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,610

must be something that is inherent in non-arabs