America Rejects Conservatives & Conservativism

It all boils down to the definition of conservatism. And I can assure you that will open a bevy of opinions on what it is.

Conservatives need to realize that arguing facts and logic is no longer sufficient to win national elections. Recent advertising studies show that, unlike the shrinking majority of white consumers, minority consumers are more influenced by ads appealing to their emotions rather than ads describing the qualities of the product. From now on, national elections and candidates will have to be rock stars.

Wow that was some racist bullshit. Maybe Republicans should actually... you know, use facts instead of creating their own?
Libtards are the ones who wouldn't know a fact if it bit them on their fat arse.

Certainly, fiscal restraint at least should be general government doctrine. Those who fear society doing too much for too many are not entirely without reason. Mistrusting the extremes of government intervention is healthy. History shows this to be true.
But to fear central authority for its possible excesses and yet trust the upper economic echelons to run things seems inconsistent. History also shows that to be unrealistic. 'They' are not nice, gentle folks with everyone's well being at heart any more than central commissars somewhere.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Just proves that those who voted for obamaturd have NO idea what this country is about. Obamaturd won because of the electoral vote. Saying he won because most people wanted him is a lie.

:lol: :lol: :badgrin: :clap2:

Dumbest fucking post ever.
You are the dumb one. Voting 101, the electoral vote puts the president in office. You can get fewer popular votes and still get elected. All you have to do is win the states with the highest electoral votes. Look at the county by county map of the election, mostly red. Try again idiot.

For several months leading up to the 2012, conservatives seemed to be quite confident that victory was theirs...for the taking. Conservatives seemed downright cocky about it, frankly. Arrogant, really. Defiant, as well.

In fact, conservatives seemed quite confrontational toward anyone who questioned them and/or challenged them and their 'conviction' that the election was merely a formality.

And in the last week or so, several conservatives dismissed the polls and flat out predicted a Republican landslide. Michael Barone did. So did George Will. As did a host of others. Even the Romney camp was reportedly VERY confident of victory.

So, I guess I have a question, mostly for conservatives, but anyone can offer an opinion. How does it feel to realize that Americans all across the country (and in 8 out of the 9 swing states) rejected conservatism and conservatives running for office? I'm not asking anyone to reveal their emotions or their emotional state. What I'm curious to know is whether or not conservatives now see that there is a very real possibility that they erred when it came to reading the mood of the electorate. Are conservatives willing to consider the error of their ways in their stated policies and their approach to people in general and different groups? Or do conservatives just think that they need to be MORE conservative, and reject political and policy moderation even more than they already have in order to win future elections?

Almost 50 percent of the vote was conservative yet somehow you want us to believe otherwise? Dumb ass.

Conservatives need to realize that arguing facts and logic is no longer sufficient to win national elections. Recent advertising studies show that, unlike the shrinking majority of white consumers, minority consumers are more influenced by ads appealing to their emotions rather than ads describing the qualities of the product. From now on, national elections and candidates will have to be rock stars.

Wow that was some racist bullshit. Maybe Republicans should actually... you know, use facts instead of creating their own?
Libtards are the ones who wouldn't know a fact if it bit them on their fat arse.

fact-checkers.jpg

You have to be getting sick of losing...

For several months leading up to the 2012, conservatives seemed to be quite confident that victory was theirs...for the taking. Conservatives seemed downright cocky about it, frankly. Arrogant, really. Defiant, as well.

In fact, conservatives seemed quite confrontational toward anyone who questioned them and/or challenged them and their 'conviction' that the election was merely a formality.

And in the last week or so, several conservatives dismissed the polls and flat out predicted a Republican landslide. Michael Barone did. So did George Will. As did a host of others. Even the Romney camp was reportedly VERY confident of victory.

So, I guess I have a question, mostly for conservatives, but anyone can offer an opinion. How does it feel to realize that Americans all across the country (and in 8 out of the 9 swing states) rejected conservatism and conservatives running for office? I'm not asking anyone to reveal their emotions or their emotional state. What I'm curious to know is whether or not conservatives now see that there is a very real possibility that they erred when it came to reading the mood of the electorate. Are conservatives willing to consider the error of their ways in their stated policies and their approach to people in general and different groups? Or do conservatives just think that they need to be MORE conservative, and reject political and policy moderation even more than they already have in order to win future elections?
Just proves that those who voted for obamaturd have NO idea what this country is about. Obamaturd won because of the electoral vote. Saying he won because most people wanted him is a lie.

Well, here's a few things to consider. First of all, Obama DID win the popular vote. Secondly, if the popular vote was the deciding factor in order to win an election, both of the candidates would have campaigned differently with the Obama campaign working harder to register Texans and other red state voters who knew that their state was going red and likely saw no reason to go to the polls when their vote wouldn't have made a difference as far as the outcome of the election was concerned.

But your response still doesn't address the questions I asked when it comes to conservatives either changing their approach or just deciding to offer up more of the same.

You are the dumb one. Voting 101, the electoral vote puts the president in office. You can get fewer popular votes and still get elected. All you have to do is win the states with the highest electoral votes. Look at the county by county map of the election, mostly red. Try again idiot.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Candidate Popular vote Percentage
Barack Obama 61315308 50%
Mitt Romney 58243660 48%

Stupid fuck hahahahahahaha. :badgrin:

Well, here's a few things to consider. First of all, Obama DID win the popular vote. Secondly, if the popular vote was the deciding factor in order to win an election, both of the candidates would have campaigned differently with the Obama campaign working harder to register Texans and other red state voters who knew that their state was going red and likely saw no reason to go to the polls when their vote wouldn't have made a difference as far as the outcome of the election was concerned.

But your response still doesn't address the questions I asked when it comes to conservatives either changing their approach or just deciding to offer up more of the same.
Who says conservatives error in their ways? Why should they compromise principals?

you do know that all counties don't have the same population, don't you, einstein?

i guess you don't, or you wouldn't have said something this stupid.

obama received 3MM more votes than romney.

Election 2012 - Live Presidential Election Results - CBS News

try again, idiot.

Not quite sure how you can say they rejected such with nearly 60 Million votes for Romney Ryan. Seems many conseratives may have rejected Romney given nearly 1 million cons less turned our for him vs McCain. Many would not vote for him because he was too liberal and his Mormon faith. I can't see the argument they rejected conservatism.

Last edited:

Almost 50 percent of the vote was conservative yet somehow you want us to believe otherwise? Dumb ass.

While it's true that conservatives are dominant within the Republican Party, NOT all people who voted for Romney identify themselves as conservative as a political label anymore than all Republicans in elective office are considered conservative by the standards of the party hierarchy and the rank and file.

Last edited:

While it's true that conservatives are dominant within the Republican Party, NOT all people who voted for Romney identify themselves as conservative as a political label anymore than all Republicans in elective office are considered conservative by the standards of the party hierarchy and rank and file.

But of course all 50 percent that voted for Obama were liberal right? Retard.

So it's full spend ahead, Damn jobs, Damn job creators. We'll show them how to spend now. There's not a brain in a room full of progressive liberals.

If you pulled your head out of the rightist echo chamber long enough and actually listened to what’s being said, you’d realize the problem is social conservatism, not fiscal.

stfu

First if all, don't tell the house that or the damn near half the electorate that voted for Romney. Oh or the 2/3rds that didn't vote at all.

Secondly, lol if you think the R and D party arent damn near identical.

CaféAuLait;6314562 said:

Not quite sure how you can say they rejected such with nearly 60 Million votes for Romney Ryan. Seems many conseratives may rejected may have rejected Romney given nearly 1 million cons less turned our for him vs McCain. Many would not vote for him because he was too liberal and his Mormon faith. I can't see the argument they rejected conservatism.

It's not difficult to say considering the following:

1. the state of the economy
2. hundreds of millions of dollars were spent against Obama (and other Dems) because of Super PACS
3. Obama took 8 out of 9 swing states.

But you still haven't really addressed the question.

Change? or More of the same?

Forum List

Back