America Number One Under Obama

so in the past 8 months....the us has done what exactly to go from 7 -1......

we are still in iraq.....

we are still in afganistan....

the world econmy tanked...

we gave billions to the uaw and the nyse and fdic....

yep...we r numbah one....

wait wait wait....who was 1-6 when we were seven....

I think it has nothing to do with Obama. I think no matter who won the election, we would be at #1. The world hated Bush almost as much as Americans did.

You honestly think if McCain would have won....we would be number 1? Come on.

We are leaving Irag....

Pakistan is attacking the Taliban...

The world economy is recovering...

And the Mullahs have lost the people in Iran...

Good job, Obama!

We are leaving Irag....

Pakistan is attacking the Taliban...

The world economy is recovering...

And the Mullahs have lost the people in Iran...

Good job, Obama!

Wake up Chris!

Ame®icano;1604537 said:
I think it has nothing to do with Obama. I think no matter who won the election, we would be at #1. The world hated Bush almost as much as Americans did.

I disagree. A lot of people saw McCain/Palin as an extension of the Bush terms.

Obama deserves a lot of credit for bringing America back to the front burner. One of the things that made him an attractive candidate to me was that I felt domestic issues had been neglected over the past 8 years in favor of Iraq 24/7.

Insted, nobody saw that Obama will run Bush third term...
Yes. There is hardly a policy put in place by the Bush administration that Obama has not embraced or extended. And what he has changed is wrong.
Domestic issues were neglected? What have you been smoking? What about:
No child left behind
Prescription drug coverage for medicare
Tax cuts that ended the recession
and a host of other things?
Yes, there was lots of emphasis on Iraq because we were fighting a war. I'll bet you would have said that about Roosevelt during ww2.

Yes, Rab on the Run continues his unsubstantiated drivel. Move along, people, nothing to see here.

another prime example of just how stupid and fickle liberals are. To judge an entire country on the reputation of one man is just shallow and insane. America is a collection of 350 million people. The most generous country on this earth. Now having said that I'll say President Bush is a much better man than the obamalama could ever hope to be. President Bush did not spend his first year in office running around apologizing for his country. He showed pride in America. I'm still waiting for your guy to do it.

another prime example of just how stupid and fickle liberals are. To judge an entire country on the reputation of one man is just shallow and insane. America is a collection of 350 million people. The most generous country on this earth. Now having said that I'll say President Bush is a much better man than the obamalama could ever hope to be. President Bush did not spend his first year in office running around apologizing for his country. He showed pride in America. I'm still waiting for your guy to do it.

Bush didn't have to appologize because he followed Clinton.

Obama had to appologize because he followed Bush.

George W. Bush is a piece of shit.

Willow... it's not even a reputation.

Hussein's reputation is to come to power on the promise of fiscal responsibility and go to work the moment he finds power spending at exponentially greater levels than any other President in US history; he promised to shut down the US Patriot Act... and just renewed it; he promised to close Gitmo... still there; promised to stop Coercive interrogation techniques... renewed them all; promised to get US troops out of Iraq; they're still there; and he promised to support the troops in Afghanistan and he's made it harder for US troops to do their job, made it more dangerous for them to be there and has refused to reinforce them, despite the commanding generals repeated requests for such.

And of course; the BOY King, King Hussein of the US; promised to bring the Olympics home to Chicago. And of course; and in keeping with his REPUTATION: HE DID NOT FOLLOW UP ON HIS PROMISE...

What they're referring to is the MYTH of Hussein... and it's understandable that they'd be proud of it... they created it.

And we're #1 because we're us and because of the values we're founded on (at least we should be), not because of some man's apotheosis just this past winter.

And I'd be saying the same thing if it were Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, or any of my liberty-loving pals occuping 1600 too.

Last edited:
Congratulations to America on being back on top of Most Admired country list.

emoticon_americanFlag.gif

Hardball with Chris Matthews :clap2:

During Bush Jr's last year, America was number seven, now, we're back to number ONE.

It's called leadership.
Obama couldn't lead a bunch of kindergarteners out to the playground for a routine fire drill, let alone lead the world's superpower.

Obama is doing a great job, and it is killing the conservatives.

And to think this is going to last for eight years.

I am really going to enjoy this.

Forum List

Back