America nonesense

Holly Field

Rookie
Jan 24, 2011
The United States is the only proper name this country has. It's about time the citizens of our nation quit referring to it as America. America is the continent, not a single nation.

The United States is the only proper name this country has. It's about time the citizens of our nation quit referring to it as America. America is the continent, not a single nation.

No, the proper name is the United States of America. And there are 2 continents with America in the name.

How's Emma?

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think? Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

No, the proper name is the United States of America. And there are 2 continents with America in the name.

How's Emma?

And yet I believe that only one nation has the word AMERICA in its name.

And given that the word AMERICA was coined before the American revolution to describe the collective populations, I think it perfectly okay if we lay claim to that word which we and the rest of the world understands and has understood for over 200 years perfectly.

Forum List

Back