America needs single payer

Nope, we are going to move Canada here, because we don't do it right.

Even Bernie Sanders agreed that it ain't going to happen. The lobbyists are simply too strong.

The rich get richer Republican objective. When are you sad-sacks going to learn?

The rich are setting records at getting richer under Democrats... Might want to focus on that considering you voted for them and they actually hold office. We already know you would never vote Republican even if you really liked the person running, so bitch about the people you elected that are doing the evil you bitch about future Republicans doing.

[Q

There is also the much ignored fact that it takes 300 million paying taxes to fund the VA for a million people. And the chief complaint with the military is that it costs to much. Ever wonder why expenses are so high? The VA is part of that expense.

For those that have been in the system, we understand how terrible the care actually is as well. It takes a month to go see your doctor so that he can tell you he is going to ignore what you came in for and that it is all your fault. Then you get some 'vitamin M' - does not matter what the ailment is. That will fix it.

I am a veteran but I refuse to use the VA system because of the inefficiency and stupid government bureaucracy.

A few years ago I had a problem that the VA would have treated for free. Instead I went through my private insurance and paid the couple of thousands in deductibles and co payments.

At least I got good quality care in a timely manner. Had I gone to the VA I probably still would not be treated.

Like AmericanFirst1 said "Single Payer would be worse".

Only these greedy selfish assholes that are too sorry to pay their own bills want Single Payer because they want somebody else to pay for their health care. Despicable, isn't it?

That's what's happening with Commie Care. Commie Care was designed to help the most needy which are Democrat voters. Those who have to pay for the system are more successful people who had great healthcare likely to be Republican voters.

If America wants to have a single-payer system, then what choice would I have. The only problem is that (like Commie Care) it becomes political where one group of people are favored over another. If the Democrats were in charge, you bet they would try to soak the wealthy people for all the costs.

So if we are going to have a socialized system, I say we fund it through a consumption tax. Everybody pays; rich, poor, middle-class, and anybody in between. That's fair for everybody and we get to get rid of all these other socialized failed programs like Medicare, VA and Medicaid, all that get ripped off by the billions of dollars every single year.

It's a stupid idea. The last thing we need is the Canadian or the British System. Any system for that matter.

Don't give the goverent that much control over your life and don't force me to pay for the healthcare of others.

Fuck those parasites.
Fuck you. You are just pissed your can't any longer use catastrophic insurance to privatize your profit while socializing your risk on the rest of us.

You haven't a clue what you are talking about moron.

It's a stupid idea. The last thing we need is the Canadian or the British System. Any system for that matter..
The problem is that health care has now become a political issue - that means that it become dumbed down and bumperstickered into oblivion.

Both sides of the political spectrum are screaming platitudes with little working knowledge of our health care delivery/payment systems.

"Single payer" fits on a bumper sticker, and that's enough for many.

And then there's that very good point as well.

glad to see you finally are telling the truth about how the democrats screwed up healthcare.

If Reagan hadn't screwed with the HMO act we'd not have outrageous healthcare cost today.

Isn't that Congress' job? I mean their job to screw things up. And i don't believe that whatever was done to HMOs would have made the healthcare industry any less greedy.

Last edited:
At this moment I have two sisters-in-law who are fighting cancer.

One lives in America, the other near London.

The differences in speed of care and (most importantly) treatment options are stark and real.

An expansion of Medicare/Medicare Advantage/Medicare Supplements? Yes. True single payer? I sure hope not.
We have also received cancer care in the states and Germany. The differences are quite stark.

The other side to this coin is, of course, that we had coverage. There is another story for those that do not. In our case, everyone gets covered to some extent though - the number of charities out there for what we went through is massive and there is help almost everywhere.

My neighbor died of lung cancer two years ago next month. She didn't have insurance and got quality care until the day she died. As for her house, she willed it out to her son and nobody every bothered him about a doctor or hospital bill.
And I have know people who did not have coverage who received no treatment beyond paid meds or limited treatment and then died. I think you are not telling the whole story.

[Q

There is also the much ignored fact that it takes 300 million paying taxes to fund the VA for a million people. And the chief complaint with the military is that it costs to much. Ever wonder why expenses are so high? The VA is part of that expense.

For those that have been in the system, we understand how terrible the care actually is as well. It takes a month to go see your doctor so that he can tell you he is going to ignore what you came in for and that it is all your fault. Then you get some 'vitamin M' - does not matter what the ailment is. That will fix it.

I am a veteran but I refuse to use the VA system because of the inefficiency and stupid government bureaucracy.

A few years ago I had a problem that the VA would have treated for free. Instead I went through my private insurance and paid the couple of thousands in deductibles and co payments.

At least I got good quality care in a timely manner. Had I gone to the VA I probably still would not be treated.

Only these greedy selfish assholes that are too sorry to pay their own bills want Single Payer because they want somebody else to pay for their health care. Despicable, isn't it?

That's what's happening with Commie Care. Commie Care was designed to help the most needy which are Democrat voters. Those who have to pay for the system are more successful people who had great healthcare likely to be Republican voters.

If America wants to have a single-payer system, then what choice would I have. The only problem is that (like Commie Care) it becomes political where one group of people are favored over another. If the Democrats were in charge, you bet they would try to soak the wealthy people for all the costs.

So if we are going to have a socialized system, I say we fund it through a consumption tax. Everybody pays; rich, poor, middle-class, and anybody in between. That's fair for everybody and we get to get rid of all these other socialized failed programs like Medicare, VA and Medicaid, all that get ripped off by the billions of dollars every single year.
"Commie Care"? How stupid and inane is that that? It means nothing. "nakedcapitalism" is a propaganda mill with nothing of worth. It has been posted already that the health care inflation curve has been flattening at historical rates since 2010. Single payer will save us tremendous money, give all of us better care, and we will live longer, healthier lives.

Last edited:
It's a stupid idea. The last thing we need is the Canadian or the British System. Any system for that matter.

Don't give the goverent that much control over your life and don't force me to pay for the healthcare of others.

Fuck those parasites.
Fuck you. You are just pissed your can't any longer use catastrophic insurance to privatize your profit while socializing your risk on the rest of us.

I am pretty close to your situation, yes.

At this moment I have two sisters-in-law who are fighting cancer.

One lives in America, the other near London.

The differences in speed of care and (most importantly) treatment options are stark and real.

An expansion of Medicare/Medicare Advantage/Medicare Supplements? Yes. True single payer? I sure hope not.
We have also received cancer care in the states and Germany. The differences are quite stark.

The other side to this coin is, of course, that we had coverage. There is another story for those that do not. In our case, everyone gets covered to some extent though - the number of charities out there for what we went through is massive and there is help almost everywhere.

My neighbor died of lung cancer two years ago next month. She didn't have insurance and got quality care until the day she died. As for her house, she willed it out to her son and nobody every bothered him about a doctor or hospital bill.
That is the general experience I have see as well considering the number of people that were not insured in the hospital around us. They were reviving the same care that we were. We stayed in the Ronald McDonald housing while receiving treatment (an incredible charity BTW) and many of those there did not have coverage either and were undergoing major medical treatments.

This is only half the story that I seen though - those that managed to be diagnosed and sent to real and quality treatment centers. Having never been in a situation where I had no coverage and had a major, life threatening illness I do not know how good or bad it could get.

Like I said, some of those medications cost more per oz than platinum. Am I positive that such treatments would have been given had I not been fully covered? No, I am not. I do not know if we would have even been told that they exist and rather been given something else that is less effective in its place.

Mergers are the name of the game and would happen with or without ACA.
Not to the point you cant find and independent clinic or just a single DR running his own office
There are general GPs or independent clinics everywhere. You must live in a strange world.
Not really. They are vanishing at an incredible rate. Most of this is due to regulation and legal issues - it becomes a far better option to put in with a major hospital to take care of that end rather than dealing with it all yourself. Then dealing with the insurance companies is another layer altogether - companies that want to negotiate smaller payments for access to their insured base.

The environment we created is rather hostile to individual clinics.

Canada, Mexico, Britian and most of the more respectable european nations have it.
1. 100% of all people have healthcare
2. Most of these nations spend less dollars. What do we get for $8,100/person??? Canada is far cheaper!!! They also don't allow their drug companies to jack up prices to take away peoples retirements.
3. No one is left dying while some rich mother fucker is getting millions of dollars off of the system. It is called a failure of the market system. Canada has shown us the way and it is time to dump this shit!!!!

What's funny is the reality that none of these other nations soak the people most in need as much as we do. And for what? Oh'yesss, so some ceo or board member can live like a king.

I say replace Obamacare with single payer!!! Do it now. I honestly don't understand why the republicans would want a system that been shown to fail and costs this nation so much.

You are obviously out of your mind.

When the hell has the Govt. done anything cheaply or well??

Anything the Govt. touches turns into mountains of red tape, paperwork and waits.

Single payer?? What a load of bullshit. The only winners there, just as in Obamacare, are the folks the rest of us will be paying for.

Claudette, our market forces in America destroyed private health care services' ability to give affordable, quality care to all.

Fuck those parasites.

I am pretty close to your situation, yes.

Shut up Fakey, no one gives a shit what you think.

[Q

"Commie Care"? How stupid and inane is that that? It means nothing. "nakedcapitalism" is a propaganda mill with nothing of worth. It has been posted already that the health care inflation curve has been flattening at historical rates since 2010. Single payer will save us tremendous money, give all of us better care, and we will live longer, healthier lives.

Yeah right. To predict what would happen with yet another government run social program, all one needs to do is look at our current ones.

The VA. While sometimes they give good care depending on where you go, it's loaded with scandals and patients who have died waiting for care. Medicare and Medicaid? Both programs underpay providers so to the point many providers are refusing new government patients. In fact providers had to increase fees so much that losses bled to our private pay and private insured patients which of course is primarily responsible for the drastic increases we've seen in our premiums over the years. This is not to mention Medicaid is the largest expenditure for many states and both programs get ripped off by the billions of dollars every single year.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results each time."

Forum List

Back