America leads the world in 3 day "long holiday weekends"

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Memorial Day being the latest.

Why don't they just have MLK Jr Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day on the same date instead of moving them to Mondays?

Why don't they just have MLK Jr Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day on the same date instead of moving them to Mondays?

jack.gif

Americans also lead the world in most hours worked by employees.

No one, not even third world nations, work as hard and as long as Americans.

Except Americans who don't work at all. And I'm not talking about folks out of work due to economic conditions. The career welfare people who game the system, although I'm sure they consider gaming is work.

The OP is a lair. Canada has more long weekends.

Family Day - third Monday in February
Good Friday / Easter Monday - whenever Easter is
Victoria Day - third Monday in May
No-Name Holiday, aka "Civic Holiday" - first Monday in August
Labour Day - first Monday in September
Thanksgiving Day - second Monday in October

So, given that Canada won The War of 1812, scoreboard is

Canada 2 USA 0

The OP is a lair. Canada has more long weekends.

Family Day - third Monday in February
Good Friday / Easter Monday - whenever Easter is
Victoria Day - third Monday in May
No-Name Holiday, aka "Civic Holiday" - first Monday in August
Labour Day - first Monday in September
Thanksgiving Day - second Monday in October

So, given that Canada won The War of 1812, scoreboard is

Canada 2 USA 0

the OP is also a drunk....and ANYONE who thinks the Beatles would never have made it without Ringo is well.....Ginscopy...

The UK has more 3 day weekends than the US. On average, they have eight every year. This year, they have an extra one for the Queen's Jubilee. So this weekend, the country has 2 days off instead of the traditional 1 at the end of May.

If anything, Americans need more three day weekends

I'm thinking

Super Bowl Monday
Day after St Patricks Day
Day after Cinco de Mayo
Two days in the summer just for the hell of it

Maybe you aren't old enough to remember but Washington's birthday was celebrated on Feb. 22 and in some states Lincoln's birthday was celebrated on Feb 12. The geniuses in D.C. decided that we should combine both presidents in to one national holiday. In Virginia the official designation of MLK day is "Lee, Jackson King day". "Jasckson" is general Thomas (Stonewall) Jackson not Andrew Jackson.

Maybe you aren't old enough to remember but Washington's birthday was celebrated on Feb. 22 and in some states Lincoln's birthday was celebrated on Feb 12. The geniuses in D.C. decided that we should combine both presidents in to one national holiday. In Virginia the official designation of MLK day is "Lee, Jackson King day". "Jasckson" is general Thomas (Stonewall) Jackson not Andrew Jackson.

Oh.....I thought they were celebrating Michael Jackson

If anything, Americans need more three day weekends

I'm thinking

Super Bowl Monday
Day after St Patricks Day
Day after Cinco de Mayo
Two days in the summer just for the hell of it

I already get summers off but agree with taking the other days off.

I thought people might think Andrew Jackson but in your case I understand the confusion.

I thought people might think Andrew Jackson but in your case I understand the confusion.

Considering it's Virginia....could be Jesse Jackson

Makes more sense than Stonewall Jackson, doesn't it?

When I lived in Europe, it seemed like most people took at least a month to six weeks of vacation plus holidays. I can't be sure but I doubt they work as many hours as Americans do on average.

Forum List

Back