America lacks culture.

Here is some American culture: History, role of military

Aerial_view_of_National_World_War_II_Memorial.jpg

Was told that at work yesterday by a kid, definitely a proud "latino" type. Hmm, I says. Asked what he meant. He said no sense of tradition, no "American" food we were just bland. Ah, but not so bland that he would go back South of the border though. I do have to agree with him though. I mean, it's not like this countries medical advances or space program matter much. I mean how can ya compete with the country that gave the world the donkey show right?
Wow, I hear ya. Mexicans are only concerned with their "culture". They are absolutely obsessed with IT. Most non Hispanic immigrants let it go and acclimate, and get on with a new life in a new world. Mexicans, they want to just pretend they are still on some dusty rancho in some forgotten part of the Sonoran desert and ignore the pre existing culture here. That behavior alienates and pisses off of non Hispanics that don't have such a glowing regard for...Mexican "culture". Neither they nor their liberal handlers seem to appreciate that subtle fact.

Stop trying to pass your irrational hatred of Mexicans as some kind of 'truth.' The only truth is that you are a raging bigot.

Would you agree that that Latino kid from the OP was being racist?

Maybe, but I wouldn't use "racisem" in its current form. I figure his parents were here from the great amnesty of the 80's, and his time at community college has shown him how unjust we are towards non-whites and so on. Best I can figure is it all means something different to different folks. I guess it also depends on where your at in life. No matter our race, our opinions on issues tend to change as we grow up and pay more bill, and become set in our ways.

Was told that at work yesterday by a kid, definitely a proud "latino" type. Hmm, I says. Asked what he meant. He said no sense of tradition, no "American" food we were just bland. Ah, but not so bland that he would go back South of the border though. I do have to agree with him though. I mean, it's not like this countries medical advances or space program matter much. I mean how can ya compete with the country that gave the world the donkey show right?
Wow, I hear ya. Mexicans are only concerned with their "culture". They are absolutely obsessed with IT. Most non Hispanic immigrants let it go and acclimate, and get on with a new life in a new world. Mexicans, they want to just pretend they are still on some dusty rancho in some forgotten part of the Sonoran desert and ignore the pre existing culture here. That behavior alienates and pisses off of non Hispanics that don't have such a glowing regard for...Mexican "culture". Neither they nor their liberal handlers seem to appreciate that subtle fact.

Stop trying to pass your irrational hatred of Mexicans as some kind of 'truth.' The only truth is that you are a raging bigot.

Maybe, but I wouldn't use "racisem" in its current form. I figure his parents were here from the great amnesty of the 80's, and his time at community college has shown him how unjust we are towards non-whites and so on. Best I can figure is it all means something different to different folks. I guess it also depends on where your at in life. No matter our race, our opinions on issues tend to change as we grow up and pay more bill, and become set in our ways.

He wasn't denying that HIspanic Americans had culture. HE implied strongly with his food comment that they do.

He was denying that White Americans had culture.

He lumped all white Americans together, and then said that they don't have something that EVERYONE has.

It is classic racism.

Racism.

"rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
  1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

White Americans are inferior because of our "lack of culture, our bland food, our lack of a sense of history".

i'm sure if you had pushed you would have uncovered more.

Your hesitation to call him on his racism is very odd.

One might wonder if you are giving him a pass because he is a member of a traditionally disadvantaged group and thus has a Moral Right to more generous understanding then, say White Americans.

I could be. Growing up for me, racism was very different and very overt. For example, my dad would have said something like, "was going to get gas, but a fukin' neeger cut me off" or I tried to get this or that done but a fukin' wet back cut me off. I'm not used to subtlety I'm racism. But then, maybe I'm cowed a bit. Don't know.

He wasn't denying that HIspanic Americans had culture. HE implied strongly with his food comment that they do.

He was denying that White Americans had culture.

He lumped all white Americans together, and then said that they don't have something that EVERYONE has.

It is classic racism.

Racism.

"rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
  1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

White Americans are inferior because of our "lack of culture, our bland food, our lack of a sense of history".

i'm sure if you had pushed you would have uncovered more.

Your hesitation to call him on his racism is very odd.

One might wonder if you are giving him a pass because he is a member of a traditionally disadvantaged group and thus has a Moral Right to more generous understanding then, say White Americans.

Good God, sometimes you just have to laugh at the self-identified "thinkers" who over analyze the crap they flush down the toilet!!! Righteously and in their greatest "scientific" voice trying to espouse another popular and fad thought that some idiot has come up with.

America has no culture? What a bunch of crap.... ha,ha,ha! You really need to get out more often and stop taking yourself so damn seriously, because the rest of us laugh at your "analysis". Have you been watching the freakin' news? Have you seen the tornadoes in the Midwest; Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas? You know in the last week, I've helped put back up about a dozen barns and out buildings. I show up with my tools and there is about sixty people there. All the men and yes, some women, pitch in. We tear down what's left and then we take awhile to build back what was destroyed. Sometime during the day, we sit down and we eat a wonderful meal prepared by those we are constructing the building for. Sometimes, they make homemade ice cream. We sit down, we give thanks to God and we eat and we talk about whats happening. Sometimes, there are folks who cannot help with the building, so they get out their guitars and fiddles and they pass the time. Blue Grass, Country, hymns, and sometimes we sing along. Not too pretty, but it passes the time.

Do you know that in that group of people who help are people of Mexican, Indians from India, Native American, Pakistani, Irish, English and so many other origins too numerous to mention here. But it doesn't freakin' matter where we came from, we're all Americans. I've eaten tamales, rice and an Indian dish that literally was liquid fire at these things. But I've also eaten fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cherry cobbler that was to absolutely die for.

This isn't American culture? Good God in heaven above, you 'thinkers' are so freakin' full of yourself you make me laugh.

Good God, sometimes you just have to laugh at the self-identified "thinkers" who over analyze the crap they flush down the toilet!!! Righteously and in their greatest "scientific" voice trying to espouse another popular and fad thought that some idiot has come up with.

America has no culture? What a bunch of crap.... ha,ha,ha! You really need to get out more often and stop taking yourself so damn seriously, because the rest of us laugh at your "analysis". Have you been watching the freakin' news? Have you seen the tornadoes in the Midwest; Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas? You know in the last week, I've helped put back up about a dozen barns and out buildings. I show up with my tools and there is about sixty people there. All the men and yes, some women, pitch in. We tear down what's left and then we take awhile to build back what was destroyed. Sometime during the day, we sit down and we eat a wonderful meal prepared by those we are constructing the building for. Sometimes, they make homemade ice cream. We sit down, we give thanks to God and we eat and we talk about whats happening. Sometimes, there are folks who cannot help with the building, so they get out their guitars and fiddles and they pass the time. Blue Grass, Country, hymns, and sometimes we sing along. Not too pretty, but it passes the time.

Do you know that in that group of people who help are people of Mexican, Indians from India, Native American, Pakistani, Irish, English and so many other origins too numerous to mention here. But it doesn't freakin' matter where we came from, we're all Americans. I've eaten tamales, rice and an Indian dish that literally was liquid fire at these things. But I've also eaten fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cherry cobbler that was to absolutely die for.

This isn't American culture? Good God in heaven above, you 'thinkers' are so freakin' full of yourself you make me laugh.

But we lack pyramids. I guess. Honestly never put to much thought into racism until recently.

Anyone who says America doesn't have culture doesn't understand the word.

Forum List

Back