America is safer...?

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h2><a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/15/politics/15cia.html?pagewanted=print&position=>C.I.A. Unit on bin Laden is Understaffed, a Senior Official Tells Lawmakers</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>By James Risen, The New York Times

Wednesday 15 September 2004

WASHINGTON - Three years after the Sept. 11 attacks on New York and the Pentagon, the Central Intelligence Agency has fewer experienced case officers assigned to its headquarters unit dealing with Osama bin Laden than it did at the time of the attacks, despite repeated pleas from the unit's leaders for reinforcements, a senior C.I.A. officer with extensive counterterrorism experience has told Congress.

The bin Laden unit is stretched so thin that it relies on inexperienced officers rotated in and out every 60 to 90 days, and they leave before they know enough to be able to perform any meaningful work, according to a letter the C.I.A. officer has written to the House and Senate Intelligence Committees.

"There has been no systematic effort to groom Al Qaeda expertise" among C.I.A. officers since Sept. 11, 2001, according to the letter, written by Michael F. Scheuer, the former chief of the agency's bin Laden unit and the author of a best-selling book that is critical of the Bush administration's handling of the war on terror.</blockquote>

Didn't Dubbyuh mention something about "Hunting down" Osama? Of course, he later flip-flopped and said he didn't care where Osama was. Face it, boys and girls, Dubbyuh really doesn't care about bin Laden. After all, his financial ties to the bin Laden family are not something he wants widely advertised. And, as long as Osama is on the loose, he can continue to politicize his "war on terror".

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h2><a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/15/politics/15cia.html?pagewanted=print&position=>C.I.A. Unit on bin Laden is Understaffed, a Senior Official Tells Lawmakers</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>By James Risen, The New York Times

Wednesday 15 September 2004

WASHINGTON - Three years after the Sept. 11 attacks on New York and the Pentagon, the Central Intelligence Agency has fewer experienced case officers assigned to its headquarters unit dealing with Osama bin Laden than it did at the time of the attacks, despite repeated pleas from the unit's leaders for reinforcements, a senior C.I.A. officer with extensive counterterrorism experience has told Congress.

The bin Laden unit is stretched so thin that it relies on inexperienced officers rotated in and out every 60 to 90 days, and they leave before they know enough to be able to perform any meaningful work, according to a letter the C.I.A. officer has written to the House and Senate Intelligence Committees.

"There has been no systematic effort to groom Al Qaeda expertise" among C.I.A. officers since Sept. 11, 2001, according to the letter, written by Michael F. Scheuer, the former chief of the agency's bin Laden unit and the author of a best-selling book that is critical of the Bush administration's handling of the war on terror.</blockquote>

Didn't Dubbyuh mention something about "Hunting down" Osama? Of course, he later flip-flopped and said he didn't care where Osama was. Face it, boys and girls, Dubbyuh really doesn't care about bin Laden. After all, his financial ties to the bin Laden family are not something he wants widely advertised. And, as long as Osama is on the loose, he can continue to politicize his "war on terror".

bully-----I'm ashamed of you---this is really desperate stuff---are you sure you want your name on it?

Good to see you back towing the party line bully. Almost thought you had seen that the KErry boat was sinking and grab one of the life rafts. Nice to know your gonna drown too. :tinfoil:

insein said:
Good to see you back towing the party line bully. Almost thought you had seen that the KErry boat was sinking and grab one of the life rafts. Nice to know your gonna drown too. :tinfoil:

The only line I'm toeing is the line on Nov 2nd to vote Dubbyuhs sorry, worthless ass out of office and back to some dusty little Texas hell-hole where he belongs.

Bullypulpit said:
The only line I'm toeing is the line on Nov 2nd to vote Dubbyuhs sorry, worthless ass out of office and back to some dusty little Texas hell-hole where he belongs.

Hmm good thing their arent enough idiots in the country to agree with you.

Forum List

Back