America Is Doomed Unless......

You have something there.
We vote for the pretty and entertaining ones, not the same thing as the best ones for our country.

Unfortunately the "best" ones don't run for political office. :(

-TSO

Why would a good person want to wallow in the muck of politics?
Look what happened to Carter. Even his own party was out to get him becuase thye knew he would hang them for corruption as quickly as he would the other side for it.

If someone is in politics they automatically drop several notches in my opinion.

Last edited:
We vote for the pretty and entertaining ones, not the same thing as the best ones for our country.

-TSO

Correct. And I think, we the people, have to shoulder the blame for that. It seems as if we have bought into the idea that you can pull a perfect person from a pool of imperfect people.

Yepper, but we have become a nation of whiners, not doers.

Worse...

We have become a nation that treats our elections as we treat voting for The American Idol.

And then, yes, we whine.

As for the whiners and not doers......I believe I have seen you criticize those that attended tea parties to speak thier voices. The media ridiculed them as well...as did Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

They we acting as "doers".....yet they were ridiculed....

So, no offense...it seems you and many others do not like those that are doers.

I don't think anyone can claim they have been immune from this. We all have probably more than once fell into step with this partisian phenomena.

No doubt that we have.

As fore me? I never once ridiculed Sheehan. But I am ridiculed everyday by the media and on this board for being one that attended a tea party.

-TSO

Correct. And I think, we the people, have to shoulder the blame for that. It seems as if we have bought into the idea that you can pull a perfect person from a pool of imperfect people.

This time around...as for the presidential election....we were offered everything we needed to make an educated decision.....but we voted for the most charasmatic regardless.

Ayers...not ayers...irrelevant...it was a red flag...ignored.
"Spread the wealth"...meant it or not, it was said and a red flag.....ignored.
95% vote party lines...5% vote present.....and called himself centrist.....it was a red flag...ignored

I can go on....

It is not that we can not find the right people...it is that we do not look into the people....period.

This time around...as for the presidential election....we were offered everything we needed to make an educated decision.....but we voted for the most charasmatic regardless.

95% vote party lines...5% vote present.....and called himself centrist.....it was a red flag...ignored

I can go on....

It is not that we can not find the right people...it is that we do not look into the people....period.
I'm not sure your "we" reference is correct. The majority of the media really jumped on the Obama train and more than helped in completely ignoring or marginalizing those red flags while never-endingly pumping Obama up to be something he wasn't. Only the truly informed knew that Obama was far to the left and intended to run his presidency that way.

If anyone was a centrist in that campaign, it was McCain. He has a long record of voting both ways. It was also an interesting race between a guy with a long, clear track record, and a guy who wasn't really in one job long enough to compile any sort of meaningful record. So, anyone could look at him and pretty much make him out to be whatever they wanted. Of course it's not the first time and certainly won't be the last when the voters were swindled, big time.

I can go on....

I'm not sure your "we" reference is correct. The majority of the media really jumped on the Obama train and more than helped in completely ignoring or marginalizing those red flags while never-endingly pumping Obama up to be something he wasn't. Only the truly informed knew that Obama was far to the left and intended to run his presidency that way.

If anyone was a centrist in that campaign, it was McCain. He has a long record of voting both ways. It was also an interesting race between a guy with a long, clear track record, and a guy who wasn't really in one job long enough to compile any sort of meaningful record. So, anyone could look at him and pretty much make him out to be whatever they wanted. Of course it's not the first time and certainly won't be the last when the voters were swindled, big time.

I used "we" in referring to "the electorate"......."we, the people".

McCain promised no earmarks and had a 26 year record of never inserting, or asking for an earmark.
Obama said no earmarks and had no record of showing his disdain for earmarks...yet he was the man "we" believed.

McCain ran as a centrist, and had a 26 year record of showing bipatisanship.
Obama ran as a centrist and sported a voting record of NEVER voting bi-partisan and showing 95% party line vote....with the other 5% voting "present"......yet he was the man "we" believed.

Yep....our elections are nothing more than American Idol.....

Worse...

We have become a nation that treats our elections as we treat voting for The American Idol.

And then, yes, we whine.

As for the whiners and not doers......I believe I have seen you criticize those that attended tea parties to speak thier voices. The media ridiculed them as well...as did Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

They we acting as "doers".....yet they were ridiculed....

So, no offense...it seems you and many others do not like those that are doers.

I don't think anyone can claim they have been immune from this. We all have probably more than once fell into step with this partisian phenomena.

No doubt that we have.

As fore me? I never once ridiculed Sheehan. But I am ridiculed everyday by the media and on this board for being one that attended a tea party.

Unfortunately, that's where we are today. I, myself, have critized the Tea Party movement; but I would like to think that my criticisms were because of their different standards for presidential policies depending on who is in office.

I can go on....

I think you're giving the media too much credit. MSNBC was infatuated with Obama; FOX held nothing but disdain. CNN was pretty much neutral except for some of it's minority employees who were enthralled also. As for ABC, CBS, and NBC, their roles from my perch were pretty much limited to how they conducted themselves in the debates. And I think they were pretty good.

Question: Do you support Palin?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back