America Is Doomed Unless......

What a crock of shit. MA voters defended their favorite politician and now Obamacare is doomed. A win for the good guys.
This administration is the most dishonest in history, and that includes Warren Harding. The country is doomed unless it sees through Obama's symbolic gestures and demands real governing. That includes a return to sound money, sound budgets, and a strong defense policy.

I think THAT is the crock of shit. No administration could be as dishonest as Buscho. Although, Reagan, the other war criminal, could definitely give them a run for their money.

There was no need to put the WOT in the budget because all that Iraqi oil was going to pay for it and then some.

There is no unless.
The US is doomed, just like every other government on Earth.
The Romans thought they had a way to beat the cyclce of Tyranny, Democracy, Anarchy back to Tyrrany, in thier government, that their perfect republic would last forever.
They were wrong, nothing lasts forever.
What we must consider is how to push our doom as far in the future as possible and whether we would be better off with a quick quiet bloodless revolution (a new constitution in toto) instead.

People quit defending their favorite politicians!!

What a crock of shit. MA voters defended their favorite politician and now Obamacare is doomed. A win for the good guys.
This administration is the most dishonest in history, and that includes Warren Harding. The country is doomed unless it sees through Obama's symbolic gestures and demands real governing. That includes a return to sound money, sound budgets, and a strong defense policy.

Are you so deeply mired in this partisian mess that you can no longer see? You dont' know enough about what is going on in this administration to say whether or not it is or is not the most corrupt in history. I may end up that you're right, but it could just as easily end up with your being totally wrong. In my lifetime, we have NEVER known the intricacies of what was happening in an administration until that administration has left power and no longer has control over our access to information about what was going on. Nixon was impeached and resigned and we still learned more about what was going on in his administration after he left than we knew while he was in office.

Actually, the fact that they have spun the stimulus to now being a "job saver" and not a "job creator" as it was originally was touted as being is a sign that this administration is not being very truthful with our money.

The fact that tonight he will have a business owner that received 99 million dollars of stimulus in the audience becuase he is "proof" that the stimulus is working is very concerning...and should be to everyone.

Why?

Becuase he (the buisiness owner) has created 50 jobs with that money....so is that the administration saying that the best proof they have that the stimulus helped the private secotr is a man that created 50 jobs at the cost of 2 million a job?

Is that truly the best results they can find? And yet they still say it was a success and want to do another?

The Motorcycle Diaries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This book is read by many people and they admire the young mans incite into the horrible treatment of the mass majority of south Americans at the hands of the unber wealthy.

I suggest you read it if you truely want to understand why some admire him.

Yes he then went on to lose his way and became a monster himself.

It shows just how desperate he was to improve the lot of the people he so loved.

To me his life is a real case study in how this world can take good intentions and turn them on their heads.

To many the hope of the young CHE is what they want him to be and they see the corrupted che as the death of that young man and the birth of a monster created of desperation.

Its the book that people love.

Defensive? No. If Bush's budgets did not include the wars, then it's dishonest. Why would he have to have done something else to qualify his budgetary practices as dishonest? Actually, it was your question that was defensive.

Wrong again. The reason for my question was to see the whole picture. You made a statement without backing it up. I wanted clarity, that is all. A simple responce like "yes, that is the only thing I am talking about" would have answered my question and we could have moved on with a debate. Instead, you got your feelings hurt and went on the attack.

Learn how teh internets work inside discussion forums and then come back. Sheesh.

-TSO

And just what statement did I make and didn't back up? You're doing what the GOP and Dems do all of the time..........muddying the water. If you KNEW that it only took one dishonest thing to qualify as dishonest, what point were you trying to make with your question?

There is no unless.
The US is doomed, just like every other government on Earth.
The Romans thought they had a way to beat the cyclce of Tyranny, Democracy, Anarchy back to Tyrrany, in thier government, that their perfect republic would last forever.
They were wrong, nothing lasts forever.
What we must consider is how to push our doom as far in the future as possible and whether we would be better off with a quick quiet bloodless revolution (a new constitution in toto) instead.

Correct. And because nothing lasts forever, we should, IMO, always be looking to create what will be rather than trying to save what is. We can't do that if we are always coddlinig our favorite politicians regardless of what they do while in office. And note: I didn't say 'American government', I said America. In my mind those are two very different things.

Last edited:
Conservatism is wanting things not to change.
The problem in that is things do change whether we want them to or not.

There was no need to put the WOT in the budget because all that Iraqi oil was going to pay for it and then some.

Another example of what I meant. I can understand the first budget not having the wars in them because of the premise that the oil would pay for it. But ALL of the Bush budgets leaving our the wars is no misjudgement, it's wasn't out of expectation that Iraqi oil would pay for it (because by the second year of the war we knew it wouldn't), it was, IMO, strictly a political ploy to avoid presenting budgets that showed an accurate picture of the federal government's finances.

But even in expecting Iraqi oil revenues to pay for the war, is no excuse for leaving the wars out of the budget. If the budget is supposed to reflect income/outgo for the federal government for a year, wouldn't the HONEST thing have been to include the wars even if the government believed that they would recoup the cost from Iraqi oil?

Last edited:
The Motorcycle Diaries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This book is read by many people and they admire the young mans incite into the horrible treatment of the mass majority of south Americans at the hands of the unber wealthy.

I suggest you read it if you truely want to understand why some admire him.

Yes he then went on to lose his way and became a monster himself.

It shows just how desperate he was to improve the lot of the people he so loved.

To me his life is a real case study in how this world can take good intentions and turn them on their heads.

To many the hope of the young CHE is what they want him to be and they see the corrupted che as the death of that young man and the birth of a monster created of desperation.

Its the book that people love.

You seem to give Che a pass becuase he became a monster as a result of his passion for his cause.

Do you truly not see how that can be applied to anyone who has become a monster?

Sorry....but your post is outright disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I wonder how those children that watched their parents dies by execution as they watched would responsd to your post.

All i know is that this country wasn't built on the government providing entitlements, health care and failed business bail outs. It was built on hard working people busting their ass to make a better life for themselves and their families. So, pardon me for disagreeing with the government trying to tell me what i can, can't, should and shouldn't do far more than they should be.

This country was built on one form or another of government largess, beginning with the British giving land they didn't own to the original British settlers that came here. If you were British and wanted a fresh start in a 'new world', you were given land on this continent so you could start over. If that's not an entitlement, then what is.

Taking land from the Seminoles, Cherokees et al and giving it to the European-American settlers living in those areas is not an 'entitlement' program, then I'm not sure what is. Our nation's history isn't a 'black and white' as you'd wish for it to be....IMO

Again, we are a nation of perceptions, not truths.

Correct. And we need to, IMO, get to truths and leave perceptions behind.

Yepper, but we have become a nation of whiners, not doers.

Worse...

We have become a nation that treats our elections as we treat voting for The American Idol.

And then, yes, we whine.

As for the whiners and not doers......I believe I have seen you criticize those that attended tea parties to speak thier voices. The media ridiculed them as well...as did Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

They we acting as "doers".....yet they were ridiculed....

So, no offense...it seems you and many others do not like those that are doers.

Correct. And we need to, IMO, get to truths and leave perceptions behind.

Yepper, but we have become a nation of whiners, not doers.

Worse...

We have become a nation that treats our elections as we treat voting for The American Idol.

And then, yes, we whine.

As for the whiners and not doers......I believe I have seen you criticize those that attended tea parties to speak thier voices. The media ridiculed them as well...as did Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

They we acting as "doers".....yet they were ridiculed....

So, no offense...it seems you and many others do not like those that are doers.

I don't think anyone can claim they have been immune from this. We all have probably more than once fell into step with this partisian phenomena.

You have something there.
We vote for the pretty and entertaining ones, not the same thing as the best ones for our country.

Forum List

Back