America Is Doomed Unless......

beowolfe

Aug 3, 2009
People quit defending their favorite politicians!! The American people are in a bad place right now. They have opted for party loyalty over truth. We all are guilty to some degree. I was just reading a thread where people were arguing over who presented the most honest budgets Bush or Obama.

Well, we all know Bush didn't. I don't know enough about the intricacies of Obama's budgeting to say. I'm sure just like we found out what Bush was doing toward the end of his term we'll also find out about any deceptions on Obama's part near the end of his term (be that one term or two).

We (the American people) have sacraficed intellectual honesty for partisian rancor. The country can survive a corrupted GOP and/or a corrupted Democratic party. What the country can't survive is a corrupted populace.

People quit defending their favorite politicians!!

What a crock of shit. MA voters defended their favorite politician and now Obamacare is doomed. A win for the good guys.
This administration is the most dishonest in history, and that includes Warren Harding. The country is doomed unless it sees through Obama's symbolic gestures and demands real governing. That includes a return to sound money, sound budgets, and a strong defense policy.

Other than not including the WoT in his budget, how else was it dishonest?

-TSO

This is what I mean. You want to defend something by saying 'well, he only did one dishonest thing. How many dishonest things do you require before recognizing that it's a dishonest thing?

Spinning is also a dishonest thing. And I hope we have not become so politically jaded that we have lost our ability to know that.

Last edited:

What a crock of shit. MA voters defended their favorite politician and now Obamacare is doomed. A win for the good guys.
This administration is the most dishonest in history, and that includes Warren Harding. The country is doomed unless it sees through Obama's symbolic gestures and demands real governing. That includes a return to sound money, sound budgets, and a strong defense policy.

Are you so deeply mired in this partisian mess that you can no longer see? You dont' know enough about what is going on in this administration to say whether or not it is or is not the most corrupt in history. I may end up that you're right, but it could just as easily end up with your being totally wrong. In my lifetime, we have NEVER known the intricacies of what was happening in an administration until that administration has left power and no longer has control over our access to information about what was going on. Nixon was impeached and resigned and we still learned more about what was going on in his administration after he left than we knew while he was in office.

Last edited:
Partisan Blind Sheeple Syndrome is rampant in America.
Mostly generated by political pundits in the media.

-TSO

This is what I mean. You want to defend something by saying 'well, he only did one dishonest thing. How many dishonest things do you require before recognizing that it's a dishonest thing?

Spinning is also a dishonest thing. And I hope we have not become so politically jaded that we have lost our ability to know that.

What I find funny is how quickly you jump to the defensive. I asked a pretty straight forward question without defending the previous administration at all, and you accuse me of spin? LOL.

-TSO

Are you so deeply mired in this partisian mess that you can no longer see?

What is partisan about sound money, sound budgets, and a strong defense?
I mean, I realize all thsoe things go against Democratic Party principles. But that doesnt make them automatically Republcan.
Unless you're an unabashed partisan.

I mean, I realize all thsoe things go against Democratic Party principles. But that doesnt make them automatically Republcan.

sound money? budgets? Epirical evidence says that Republicans are not that way either at least since 80.

Neither party has given us sound money, sound budgets, nor a strong defense. They've got the American people so discombobulated that we actually believe that becoming the number one arms merchant on the planet is the same as having a strong defense.

sound money? budgets? Epirical evidence says that Republicans are not that way either at least since 80.

If you look back at budgets and the outcomes of budgets, we haven't had a federal budget that had an overall positive impact on the nation since Carter. When you run the numbers on his budgets, there were no negatives.

(And I'm assuming that conservatives will take the position that the federal government's budget should not have been used to combat inflation. I'm assuming that based on the position conservatives have taken on the stimulus plan.)

-TSO

What I find funny is how quickly you jump to the defensive. I asked a pretty straight forward question without defending the previous administration at all, and you accuse me of spin? LOL.

-TSO

Defensive? No. If Bush's budgets did not include the wars, then it's dishonest. Why would he have to have done something else to qualify his budgetary practices as dishonest? Actually, it was your question that was defensive.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SQrNpkd29o]YouTube - progressive 1.wmv[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDSz8h6cqhc]YouTube - progressives 2.wmv[/ame]

Defensive? No. If Bush's budgets did not include the wars, then it's dishonest. Why would he have to have done something else to qualify his budgetary practices as dishonest? Actually, it was your question that was defensive.

Wrong again. The reason for my question was to see the whole picture. You made a statement without backing it up. I wanted clarity, that is all. A simple responce like "yes, that is the only thing I am talking about" would have answered my question and we could have moved on with a debate. Instead, you got your feelings hurt and went on the attack.

Learn how teh internets work inside discussion forums and then come back. Sheesh.

-TSO

All i know is that this country wasn't built on the government providing entitlements, health care and failed business bail outs. It was built on hard working people busting their ass to make a better life for themselves and their families. So, pardon me for disagreeing with the government trying to tell me what i can, can't, should and shouldn't do far more than they should be.

Forum List

Back