America Is Being Systematically Transformed Into A Totalitarian Society

I wish the right would stop voting almost unamimously for renewing the Patriot act...

Which is amazing.

It's funny what conservatives fret over.

The government over the last few years:

-Used the AUMF to create a defacto state of perpetual war.
-Created secret prisons around the world.
-Created a prison in Cuba to be used for indefinite detention.
-Completely hobbled FISA.
-Participated in torture.
-Has granted itself the power to spy on the private communications of American citizens.
-Has unilaterally invaded countries for reasons that change dramatically from week to week.
-As created a pretty unique class of person, "the enemy combatant".
-Has made use of a force of defacto mercenaries.
-Has privatized many of the functions of the military.
-Is spending more money then the next 10 or so countries combined, most of which are allies, on the military.

And all conservatives seem worried over is their guns, lightbulbs, taxes on rich folks, regulations on corporations that robbed this country and their access to fattening foods.

Go fig.

:eusa_eh:

"government over the last few years"
That would be YOUR TEAM

I wish the right would stop voting almost unamimously for renewing the Patriot act...

Which is amazing.

-Has granted itself the power to spy on the private communications of American citizens.
-Has unilaterally invaded countries for reasons that change dramatically from week to week.
-Is spending more money then the next 10 or so countries combined, most of which are allies, on the military.

And all conservatives seem worried over is their guns, lightbulbs, taxes on rich folks, regulations on corporations that robbed this country and their access to fattening foods.

Go fig.

Where are the Democrats that oppose it?
In fact, Bob Barr and many other Republicans DID NOT support the Patriot Act.

Initially Obama was opposed to most of it.

Then he got his head handed to him.

Which is amazing.

Go fig.

"government over the last few years"
That would be YOUR TEAM

Well yes and no.

This started last administration. But it hasn't be stopped.

And there really hasn't been the sort of outcry from anyone to get anything done about it.

Most people are worried about their guns, fattening foods and light bulbs.

Oh..and protecting the obscenely wealthy. Can't leave those folks out. By the way..some of them are writing the laws.

:cool:

Libtards figure it beats workin.

insult-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1203.jpg

If you lived in a totalitarian society most the people on this message board would be sitting in jail right now. Go hide in your bunker and leave the rest of us alone.

In the author’s ignorant, subjective opinion, perhaps – but not in fact.

In fact, Americans enjoy greater freedom today than at any time during our Nation’s history – particularly for women, homosexuals, immigrants, and persons of color.

I respectfully must disagree. Americans are under much heavier surveillance than ever; they have no practical way to legally form labor unions anymore; more Americans than ever are in prisons; we no longer have an independent media (it is entirely corporate); persistently high unemployment rates have reduced labor bargaining power to roughly zero; the never-ending "war on terrorism" that Bush declared has installed a permanent police state; Americans are wage-slaves and debt-slaves, due to low wages and ever-increasing costs of food, energy, and education . . .

Yup, I disagree. I remember much freer days.

When obama said he was going to fundamentally transform America do you think he meant something different?

When obama said he was going to fundamentally transform America do you think he meant something different?

I think you are being foolish when you attempt to dump blame on one single individual, Katzndogz. This is the result of many, many years of virtually crushing opposition in the U.S., and it began in the 60's with the epidemic of political assassinations that occured. Reagan contributed mightily by turning us into a military state; Bush introduced the police and surveillance state, based upon the excuse of "terrorism;" Obama is merely the latest installment of establishment Wall Street leadership.

While you are busy ragging on "Odumba" or "Obammy" or whatever names you currently toss at him, the entire machine quietly gnaws away at your freedoms. You should be so easily led astray.

When I think of the trends which signal a movement toward a totalitarian society, I think of warrantless wiretaps, and waterboarding, and extraordinary rendition, and indefinite detentions. I think of increasing hatred toward other races, creeds, and sexual orientations like Mexicans, Muslims, and gays.

I think of a morality which demanded we create a safety net for our seniors that has morphed into a belief system which says it is immoral to ask people to work longer since they are now living much longer, and which has changed the safety net into a paycheck.

I think of people who attribute traits to an entire group of people because of the actions of a few, and throw away our liberties for security in their demands we monitor these groups more closely and put more controls on them. Groups like Muslims and gun owners.

I think of how puppet masters in and out of our of government orchestrate the opinions of large masses of people into Hayek's "high degree of uniformity and similarity of outlook". I think of how that can only be accomplished by descending to "the regions of lower moral and intellectual standards where the more primitive and 'common' instincts and tastes prevail". I am greatly worried about the lack of differentiation in opinion which one would find in more educated people.

I think of how our partisan media outlets have become re-education camps, blasting the same "ready-made system of values" over and over and over into the weak and gullible minds of their minions.

I think of the hypocrisy of enjoying and justifying the abuses of power that were exercised by a predecessor who happened to be in favor but condemned as satanic and dictatorial when power shifts to another party. Or the opposite of condemning the abuses of a predecessor of the wrong flavor, and supporting the abuses of the current flavor. A great many motes in the others' eyes, but no beam in one's own.

I think of how similar the two ends of the spectrum have become, with only cosmetic differences in their wardrobes concealing their identical mindsets.

Last edited:
Many of the most intrusive, restrictive laws were most likely bought and paid for by the private sector and our megacorporations to stamp out competition / tilt the system to benefit them... raw milk is a good example. Why can't you idiot righties see this? Jesus, you think that congress wakes up one day and dreams these up? They don't, so please put the blame where the blame lies.

Last edited:

In the author’s ignorant, subjective opinion, perhaps – but not in fact.

In fact, Americans enjoy greater freedom today than at any time during our Nation’s history – particularly for women, homosexuals, immigrants, and persons of color.

Utter tripe. Now we are all equally oppressed fighting over scrapes at our masters table.

None are so completely enslaved as those who fancy themselves to be free. When you tear down traditional roles and set different sectors of society at war with each other you distract them from who their real enemies are. They are the highly educated elite, nothing happens by chance, it all happens according to a plan.

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."
~Sun Tzu

Many of the most intrusive, restrictive laws were most likely bought and paid for by the private sector and our megacorporations to stamp out competition / tilt the system to benefit them... raw milk is a good example. Why can't you idiot righties see this? Jesus, you think that congress wakes up one day and dreams these up? They don't, so please put the blame where the blame lies.

Sometimes I do.

Having lived through the Patriot Act and all this gun controll talk again.

But yeah, corporations suck. Sometimes I fear they have too many rights but hey, gotta compete with the ------ (insert enemy of the decade here). Right?

Forum List

Back