America is already a "Sharia Compliant State"

Perhaps the whole issue 'way back when' is that some of us were taught as young girls that we had to learn the trades that would have been best beneficial to our living conditions. Alot of men in the past have not always been able or interested in meeting the needs of his family... Sharia Law ensures chastisement of such men (infidel) just as it has expectations of women...

So, you are saying the men that raped the reporter in Egypt were fine upstanding muslims? Were they ridiculed, arrested, punished? Or do you believe if a woman is in public, any man that spots her has the "duty" to rape her?

I remember back when women's liberation and feminism was the rage.

Women demanded that men recognized that they had brains and could contribute to all fields in the workforce of society.

But oh how the times have changed.

Now women dress like hookers and could care less what men think of their brains.

Young women nowadays have no knowledge of Madam Curie or other famous women.

Their idols are sluts like Britney, Lindsey, and Gaga.

Aren't you "stereotyping"? Do you really believe that ALL women don't know who Madam Curie is and think those 3 celebrities are their idols? Have you read the story where marriages are lasting longer now? Do you think the women in those marriages are "sluts"?
How does islam society forcing women to be sequestered and antisocial (and in many cases uneducated) equate to "freedom"?
Sunni has trouble grasping the notion that women are intelligent human beings. His faith teaches him that they're little more than cattle.

And the progress you mention represents an acknowledgment of rights repressed; Sharia would be a step backward (in more ways than one) to repression again of rights. As I also noted, should Sharia comport to Constitutional jurisprudence – jury trial, doctrine of precedent, appellate process – then it won’t be ‘Sharia’ any longer.
Incorrect again.

There are over 50 nations that rule by some form of Sharia Law.

Every one is different because Sharia can have many interpretations.

American sharia will be different.

Just as Turkey's is different from Egypt's or Malayisa's.

You have a misguided notion that all muslims are in lock step and think identical.

You fail to factor in culture and tradition which play a large part of Islamic practices. :cool:

You fail to demonstrate where Sharia brings prosperity for the majority of the citizens.

I thought that Sharia in Turkey was withheld to personal and family matters as Turkey is secular and prohibits religion in state affairs. Has Turkey begun to codify Sharia into its judicial doctrine?

Yes, haven't you been watching them trying to gain favor with islam over Israel with the blockade running?

Just shows what kind of bullshit easily rolls off the tongue when you have a book to sell.

People like to say that sharia law and the Constitution are incompatible.

But they never give any specifics.

When in reality they are both similar in concept and ideals.

Where does Sharia call for 3 seperate parts of government (legislative, executive and judicial)? Where does Sharia "state" the rights of people? Where does Sharia claim to be a "representative" government?

Just shows what kind of bullshit easily rolls off the tongue when you have a book to sell.

Where does Sharia call for 3 seperate parts of government (legislative, executive and judicial)? Where does Sharia "state" the rights of people? Where does Sharia claim to be a "representative" government?
Sharia isn't a one page document like the Constitution.

It is a set of laws much like the 10 Commandments.

btw the 10 Commandments are just 10 of the 613 laws found in the Book of Leviticus in the Bible. :cool:

btw the 10 Commandments are just 10 of the 613 laws found in the Book of Leviticus in the Bible. :cool:

We weren't discussing the Bible in that post. You stated that Sharia was similar to the Constitution: " ... When in reality they are both similar in concept and ideals". I gave some examples of how they are very different (with questions). Still waiting for you to demonstrate where Shariah is similar to the Constitution in those 3 areas.

Perhaps the whole issue 'way back when' is that some of us were taught as young girls that we had to learn the trades that would have been best beneficial to our living conditions. Alot of men in the past have not always been able or interested in meeting the needs of his family... Sharia Law ensures chastisement of such men (infidel) just as it has expectations of women...

So, you are saying the men that raped the reporter in Egypt were fine upstanding muslims? Were they ridiculed, arrested, punished? Or do you believe if a woman is in public, any man that spots her has the "duty" to rape her?

What of what posted leads you to your assumptions of my thoughts? :cuckoo:

We weren't discussing the Bible in that post. You stated that Sharia was similar to the Constitution: " ... When in reality they are both similar in concept and ideals". I gave some examples of how they are very different (with questions). Still waiting for you to demonstrate where Shariah is similar to the Constitution in those 3 areas.
In sharia you have the judicial (courts), legislative (councils), and executive (a leader either appointed of elected)

But mainly, when I was talking about them being similar.

I was talking about that both acknowledge the human right's of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Americans like to point fingers about women being raped in other countries.

Yet, rape is epidemic in the U.S.

With one of the highest rape/population rates in the world. :doubt:

What of what posted leads you to your assumptions of my thoughts? :cuckoo:

Your implication that muslim men act more responsible than the men in this country. Does that implication go for men that give or sell their sons to be dancing boys (muslim men's sexual toys)? Does that implication go for the men that encourage their children to be suicide bombers? Are you implying their are not women (divorced) begging in the streets in the ME while their children are starving or being "pimped"? Why do you think the ME does not have an immigration problem (that would be people trying to move there)?

Given Sharia's the-rape-victim-is-guilty-of-adultery presupposition, do you think all rapes in those nations are reported?

In sharia you have the judicial (courts), legislative (councils), and executive (a leader either appointed of elected)

But mainly, when I was talking about them being similar.

I was talking about that both acknowledge the human right's of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Where does Sharia acknowledge "liberty" for people?

You might want to re-state that as "reported" rapes. (In this country you can report rape and not be stoned to death, unlike many ME countries where if you report rape you are killed for "honor" or by the religious police.)

...except Sharia doesn't regard women as human. They're chattel.

That is not true and you know it.

Muslim women are treated with far more dignity and respect than women in western nations. :cool:

How is making it illegal for a woman to walk into a public place treating her with dignity? How is making it illegal for women to ride in passenger sections of vehicles treating her with respect?

You might want to re-state that as "reported" rapes. (In this country you can report rape and not be stoned to death, unlike many ME countries where if you report rape you are killed for "honor" or by the religious police.)
Spin how ever you want to feel better.

America is a violent culture where a women is raped some where, every minute, 24/7/365

Google the statics.

The U.S. is a dangerous place for all women. :doubt:

Spin how ever you want to feel better.

America is a violent culture where a women is raped some where, every minute, 24/7/365

Google the statics.

The U.S. is a dangerous place for all women. :doubt:

And yet, still women from all over the world would rather live here (if they could escape their countries). Yes, it is dangerous for women here, but it is far worse in other countries, especially the ME and African countries.

Forum List

Back