America in Permanent Decline?

I don't recall Barry getting the parties together unless you count that photo op for his healthcare clusterfuck. He didn't seem interested in anything any Reps had to say on any topic.

I also recall statements about the Reps riding in the back of the bus because he, Barry, had won.

I also recall the car that was stuck in the ditch because of Bush and the Reps. BTW the car is still stuck in the ditch. In fact that sucker is buried.

Nope. Don't recall any getting together with the Reps. McConnel wanted to meet with the PRez over this budet deal but it seems Barrys was scheduled for some fund raisers.

Nope. Don't recall him getting the parties together for anything except mayby a round of golf.

BTW the average life for a Republic is about 250 years. I'm not great at math but we approaching that mark. Just sayin.

Last edited:
First you all want to say he's a continuation of bush, then you say he tanked the country. Make up your fucking minds. You look stupid. Facts of the matter are this....He took the reigns when we were headed for the abyss. The 'I hope he fails' mantra, well, it failed. Get over it. So you had a Black President. So fucking what. He wasn't all that different from the white guys that stuck their dick in you ear for the last 200 years...........

There was a time in this country that when the election was over, congress rolled up it's sleeves and worked with the guy that won.

Unfortunately now, we have ultra right wing conservatives that are only interested in one thing. Holding all the reigns of power.

Mitch McConnell defined the Republican strategy, "They want Obama to be a one term President"...and nothing is going to get in their way.

If the economy fails and Obama looks bad. Mission Accomplished.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]YouTube - ‪Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President‬‏[/ame]

They got their orders from this man..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuYjWbAU2eU]YouTube - ‪Rush Limbaugh: "I hope Obama fails"‬‏[/ame]

I would have to agree with this, however, it really started with Clinton. The Republicans hated Clinton and that is when all this nonsense began. Then came Bush, and the Dems did the same to him as is being done to Obama now. In the end, all that happens is that the electorate gets fed up with it and elects the other party, just so they can turn around and switch parties again as the nonsense continues.

If we ever expect anything to be accomplished again, it's going to take both parties working together. It doesn't mean they need to agree, but they need to look for middle ground where they can come to some kind of understanding. This bullshit that Democrats are marxists and that those on the right are all racists and hate poor people, it's all a bunch of BS. Yes there are some that espouse to those beliefs, but they are the few on the fringe. Those closer to the middle need to take back control from the and try to move forward.

I don't recall Barry getting the parties together unless you count that photo op for his healthcare clusterfuck. He didn't seem interested in anything any Reps had to say on any topic.
I also recall statements about the Reps riding in the back of the bus because he, Barry, had won.

I also recall the car that was stuck in the ditch because of Bush and the Reps. BTW the car is still stuck in the ditch. In fact that sucker is buried.

Nope. Don't recall any getting together with the Reps. McConnel wanted to meet with the PRez over this budet deal but it seems Barrys was scheduled for some fund raisers.

Nope. Don't recall him getting the parties together for anything except mayby a round of golf.

BTW the average life for a Republic is about 250 years. I'm not great at math but we approaching that mark. Just sayin.

100% incorrect.

Obama had as absolute a power as possible here. Bush did not have that luxury at any time.

And, if your take on it with respect to what he thought is correct, then it still shows his greenness and naivete, obviously bought by so many.

Personally, I think he is not as feckless as he was, but what a colossal waste of two years on someone who took time needed for on-the-job training for the presidency to a whole new level.

But, that's what the country as a whole wanted.

And here we are today. Not a pretty picture.

Damn it on Hilary for not winning.

He didn't waste anything. He saved the economy from collapsing. Even Romney is starting to admit that now..and reversing his postion.

His biggest failure was bringing the two parties together to work for the common good. But then again..no one would be able to do that..given how radical the Republican party has become.

And again. NO ONE HAS ABSOLUTE POWER. That's a conservative myth.

Read the Constitution sometime. There's plenty of stuff in there about checks and balances.

His idea of 'bringing the two parties together' is to demonize the Republicans every chance he gets.

How's that working out?

The Rs are being obstructionists, the Rs are demanding this and that, the Rs want compromise . . . which is exactly what the Ds do when the Rs are holding the reigns. Isn't that their job? Or is one party suppose to just say 'hey, ok you're in charge now we'll do everything your way'? They're suppose to approach things from their different perspectives and reach a common ground for the common good. And the president? The president (any president) is suppose to unite; Obama has intentionally done the exact opposite.

Did Bushie go around poo-pooing the Ds constantly? Did he demonize, belittle and mock them every chance he could? I wasn't paying any attention back then but I don't recall seeing/hearing him on tv ad nauseum doing this.

Obama needs to start leading, stop acting like a petulant child and be president.

I consider myself fairly objective, and even I can see that the Republicans refuse to budge an inch on anything. If they don't get exactly what they want, they will do everything in their power to make sure the other side accomplishes nothing. Just look at the issue over the debt ceiling. The Republicans will not move an inch if any tax increases are part of a deal, even though tax rates and revenues are at their lowest levels in 60 years.

It's one thing to fight for one's ideas, but when it comes time to actually legislate, the Republicans insist on bringing the government and the economy too its knees if they don't get what they want. They are acting as if they control both houses and the White House. This may get them what they want in the end. On the other hand, it might just well backfire on them.

First you all want to say he's a continuation of bush, then you say he tanked the country. Make up your fucking minds. You look stupid. Facts of the matter are this....He took the reigns when we were headed for the abyss. The 'I hope he fails' mantra, well, it failed. Get over it. So you had a Black President. So fucking what. He wasn't all that different from the white guys that stuck their dick in you ear for the last 200 years...........

There was a time in this country that when the election was over, congress rolled up it's sleeves and worked with the guy that won.

Unfortunately now, we have ultra right wing conservatives that are only interested in one thing. Holding all the reigns of power.

Mitch McConnell defined the Republican strategy, "They want Obama to be a one term President"...and nothing is going to get in their way.

If the economy fails and Obama looks bad. Mission Accomplished.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]YouTube - ‪Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President‬‏[/ame]

They got their orders from this man..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuYjWbAU2eU]YouTube - ‪Rush Limbaugh: "I hope Obama fails"‬‏[/ame]

I would have to agree with this, however, it really started with Clinton. The Republicans hated Clinton and that is when all this nonsense began. Then came Bush, and the Dems did the same to him as is being done to Obama now. In the end, all that happens is that the electorate gets fed up with it and elects the other party, just so they can turn around and switch parties again as the nonsense continues.

If we ever expect anything to be accomplished again, it's going to take both parties working together. It doesn't mean they need to agree, but they need to look for middle ground where they can come to some kind of understanding. This bullshit that Democrats are marxists and that those on the right are all racists and hate poor people, it's all a bunch of BS. Yes there are some that espouse to those beliefs, but they are the few on the fringe. Those closer to the middle need to take back control from the and try to move forward.

2 words .. Term Limits....( worth a try)

Holy crap..that's like saying the world would have been better off if the Nazis won WWII. The south was a vile cesspool of traitorous and murderous slavers. They deserved a far worse fate then Sherman's march and reconstruction.

Lincoln and the Northern members of Congress were the traitors and murderers. The Constitution defines treason this way:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

Treason is making war against the states [plural], not against the federal government. Lincoln made war against the confederate states and is therefor a traitor according to the Constitution. If the North had lost, Lincoln would have been tried for war crimes.

What planet do you live on? Here on earth none of what you describe ever occured.

He didn't waste anything. He saved the economy from collapsing. Even Romney is starting to admit that now..and reversing his postion.

His biggest failure was bringing the two parties together to work for the common good. But then again..no one would be able to do that..given how radical the Republican party has become.

Read the Constitution sometime. There's plenty of stuff in there about checks and balances.

Holy crap..that's like saying the world would have been better off if the Nazis won WWII. The south was a vile cesspool of traitorous and murderous slavers. They deserved a far worse fate then Sherman's march and reconstruction.

Lincoln and the Northern members of Congress were the traitors and murderers. The Constitution defines treason this way:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

Treason is making war against the states [plural], not against the federal government. Lincoln made war against the confederate states and is therefor a traitor according to the Constitution. If the North had lost, Lincoln would have been tried for war crimes.

To your first point..

Battle of Fort Sumter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The south made war on the North. They violated the Constitution with the election of Jefferson Davis.

Section 10 - Powers prohibited of States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

So your point about Treason is incorrect. The Southern states were in violation.

But you're probably right about your last point. The southerns were a murderous bunch and what would have happened to the North had they lost would have made the Nazis look like school boys.

Last edited:
What planet do you live on? Here on earth none of what you describe ever occured.

Rachel Maddow sums it up here nicely..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2khEV88eteA]YouTube - ‪Maddow Exposes Shameless, Craven Republican Hackery, Flip-Floppery & Rooting For America To Fail‬‏[/ame]

Give it a listen and let me know how it's wrong..

Also..
President Obama Holds Talks With Republican Leaders
Obama invites Republicans to summit on health care
The Morning Line: President Obama and GOP Leaders Hold First Post-Election Meeting | The Rundown News Blog | PBS NewsHour | PBS

Reality conflicts with your worldview.

I wonder how we have Obamacare if it was blocked?

Same way we got the Bush Tax cuts.

Reconciliation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconciliation_(United_States_Congress)
But, it was blocked by the big bad GOP? That doesn't look like a block.

What?

That's how health care was passed. Through reconciliation.

Seriously..what's the point of discussing anything if you won't acknowledge the reality of what happened?

What?

Seriously..what's the point of discussing anything if you won't acknowledge the reality of what happened?
Then, it wasn't blocked.

Oh gosh. It was filibustered. A filibuster is a method of blocking legislation. So it was blocked.

To your first point..

Battle of Fort Sumter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The south made war on the North. They violated the Constitution with the election of Jefferson Davis.

Fort Sumter lies within the territory of South Carolina. How could Carolina make war on another state by attacking its own territory?

Section 10 - Powers prohibited of States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

The Constitution is null and void for a state that secedes. That's what secession means, dipstick: you no longer accept the terms of the agreement.

So your point about Treason is incorrect. The Southern states were in violation.

Wrong, as usual. The states that seceded were not bound by the document. The federal government was.

End of story.

But you're probably right about your last point. The southerns were a murderous bunch and what would have happened to the North had they lost would have made the Nazis look like school boys.

ROFL! If you knew anything about the war you'd know that Grant and Sherman invented total war. They were the murderers. They killed tens of thousands of southerners, put people in concentration camps, raped, looted, pillaged and destroyed private property.

What?

Please do not feed the trolls, Sallow.

Forum List

Back