America has become a killing field.

Not yet it hasn't. Tragedies like this will become more common...that is certain. However the killing fields will begin after the populace is disarmed. Then you will see a real bloodbath...all at the hands of a wealthy elite abetted by there useful idiot minions.

Even if there was a string of shootings like today and the government somehow passed a law demanding that evey gun be turned in nobody but fools would do it. If they started going door to door attempting to confiscate guns.. THAT is when the bloodbath would start. No one in government has the authority to enact such a law. It would be an effective end of our government.

If only that were true Huggy. No, slowly but ever so surely, you will begin to see a systematic disarming of the public. First the evil black guns. Then those terrible handguns. After that will be the sniper (hunting rifles), and finally the shotguns will go.

That's the way it has allways gone and the rich in the end are those with the guns and the peasants are once again disarmed, soon to be turned into serfs and exploited till the cycle begins again.

There is no reason to believe any of this. I can't remember hearing or reading where anyone has said "ban guns". What see is that people want their families to be safe from violence. Gun owners, including myself and including the NRA should be demanding that.

As it is now, our country has a mass killing of more than 30 people every single day as well as mass killings like yesterday.

I don't want gun "control" but I do want gun "safety".

Nice to see that owning a gun is far more important than saving lives.

Shameful

I agree.

This is not about gun "control". Its about gun "safety".

We have the RIGHT to be safe but none of us are.

I don't understand why we just give up before we even try. All we ever hear is that its impossible to protect our citizens from the constant daily murders. I don't believe that.

But, until we care more about 20 dead children than we care about our idiotic love affair with guns, killing, murders - they we're beaten before we even start.

The mistake is in imagining that you are someone entitled to safety and it's your right.

I noticed how complacent, how accepting, how cheering on even the liberals were about the violence in Michigan. It's society.

We all, as a society, are responsible for the carnage that has occurred,
I have to disagree. When people argue that all of society is responsible, they implicitly argue that no one specifically is responsible. Neither I nor you are responsible for anyone elses evil behavior or mental illness. We only are responsible for what we do, individually and as citizens.

the loss of the moral compass that once was the pillar and foundation of our society has been silenced. The infatuation with fantasy and disconnect from reality has created a generation of individuals that are incapable of discerning right from wrong, value of humanity, and compassion toward one another. We have become a society based on self gratification without consequence.
I also disagree here. I have lived through the era you look back on when we all had a "moral compass". It was a more brutal, violent, and unprincipalled period that you admit or probably imagine, but I was there. Selective memory does not help solve problems.

This is not about guns, knives, or words, it is simple the decadence of a society that needs to rediscover what once made it great.
It is about guns and knives. We will always have mentally disturbed individuals among us as well as truly evil monsters. And our society is brutal and violent, encouraging often sadistic behavior. There are steps we can take to limit this kind of violence.

First, we must do a better job of identifying those who should not have access to highly lethal weaponry and keeping them and weapons apart. Since we don't want to emulate most other advanced societies that eschew widespread private gun ownership, we have a heavy responsibility to safeguard firearms better. Too many Americans keep firearms with inadequate regard for security or safety. If we want to reduce tragedies, that will have to improve.

Second, we will have to deal with the facts that our society is to an extent not seen in other developed countries a culture of hatred, violence, and brutality. It is not enough to wring our hands and bemoan the decline in values which never existed as our fantasies suggest.

Read this board and see what passes for sport here: fear, threats, racism, and abuse. US Messageboard is a microcosm of everything that poisons our society. We know how to stop this kind of violence, but the truth is too many of us don't want to. We love our bloodsport too much.

You disagree that its a people problem,and say its about guns/knives,but then go on to state how its about people??

You set a gun on the ground,it will stay there untill a person picks it up.

Even if there was a string of shootings like today and the government somehow passed a law demanding that evey gun be turned in nobody but fools would do it. If they started going door to door attempting to confiscate guns.. THAT is when the bloodbath would start. No one in government has the authority to enact such a law. It would be an effective end of our government.

If only that were true Huggy. No, slowly but ever so surely, you will begin to see a systematic disarming of the public. First the evil black guns. Then those terrible handguns. After that will be the sniper (hunting rifles), and finally the shotguns will go.

That's the way it has allways gone and the rich in the end are those with the guns and the peasants are once again disarmed, soon to be turned into serfs and exploited till the cycle begins again.

There is no reason to believe any of this. I can't remember hearing or reading where anyone has said "ban guns". What see is that people want their families to be safe from violence. Gun owners, including myself and including the NRA should be demanding that.

As it is now, our country has a mass killing of more than 30 people every single day as well as mass killings like yesterday.

Gun safety is something one learns.

I noticed how complacent, how accepting, how cheering on even the liberals were about the violence in Michigan. It's society.

Willow you are an idiot to try to compare shooting 20 kindergardeners in their own school to an honest dispute resulting in a little pushing match with couple of punches thrown over a bad law passed in the dead of night.

As usual you prove that you don't get it but have no problem showing you are a moronic hack.

Willow you are an idiot to try to compare shooting 20 kindergardeners in their own school to an honest dispute resulting in a little pushing match with couple of punches thrown over a bad law passed in the dead of night.

As usual you prove that you don't get it but have no problem showing you are a moronic hack.

You are a violent person!

Nice to see that owning a gun is far more important than saving lives.

Shameful

No, but the alternative is worse. Before the Germans could engineer the holocaust, before the Armenians could be massacred, before the Russian population could be rounded up in their tens of millions, they all first had to be disarmed.

We recognize that the terrible tragedies we witness are trivial compared to the utter carnage that government sponsored terrors will bring. The 2nd Amendment is about controlling government. That's why the elite want it gone. When the 2nd is gone the wealthy elite will run roughsho over everyone. No one will be safe from their gulags...no one.

That's because you have your head in rectal defilade. You are one of those useful idiots I mentioned.

Guess I’m getting old, but what has happened to America? Every couple of days, killing here killing there…Shoppers and most recently babies.

I see the primary cause as video games and TV violence promoted as entertainment. The role models of Hollywood cutthroat entertainment, is pervasive.

Guns are everywhere.

Call me simplistic. But, maybe easy access to firearms is the cause? I have read umpteen posts on this board by obviously intelligent people afraid their right own firearms is threatened because of horrific events like this last school shooting. Their concern isn’t with much else, it seems. Too many people are obsessed with preserving the second amendment and possessing firearms than they are with safety and the health of the general public. THAT might be the real issue here. All the folks that drag their feet or totally resist removing firearms from our society in the name of freedom are a anachronism and are the cause of this type of thing. We would probably be much better off in a country that prohibited guns. That's my opinion.

Guess I’m getting old, but what has happened to America? Every couple of days, killing here killing there…Shoppers and most recently babies.

I see the primary cause as video games and TV violence promoted as entertainment. The role models of Hollywood cutthroat entertainment, is pervasive.

Guns are everywhere.

Call me simplistic. But, maybe easy access to firearms is the cause? I have read umpteen posts on this board by obviously intelligent people afraid their right own firearms is threatened because of horrific events like this last school shooting. Their concern isn’t with much else, it seems. Too many people are obsessed with preserving the second amendment and possessing firearms than they are with safety and the health of the general public. THAT might be the real issue here. All the folks that drag their feet or totally resist removing firearms from our society in the name of freedom are a anachronism and are the cause of this type of thing. We would probably be much better off in a country that prohibited guns. That's my opinion.

so... in your perfect world, guns would be prohibited... which means that law-abiding citizens are disarmed... but of course doesn't mean that non-law-abiding persons will be disarmed...

so... how do you picture that working out... between the unarmed citizens and the armed criminal class...?

Guns are everywhere.

so... in your perfect world, guns would be prohibited... which means that law-abiding citizens are disarmed... but of course doesn't mean that non-law-abiding persons will be disarmed...

so... how do you picture that working out... between the unarmed citizens and the armed criminal class...?

Its not criminals killing innocent people, they usually just want money or other things not senseless killing...

Guns are everywhere.

Should work out just fine. If there is a gun prohibition anyone pointing one at a cop gets shot dead instantly. Today there is some yelling and negotiating - if guns are restricted cops really get to rule the streets.

For the most part only criminals should have a huge problem with that. Trading attempted use of a firearm against LE with your life seems a reasonable solution.

Regards from Rosie

Guns are everywhere.

So in a perfect world, we NEED weapons to protect ourselves? Your post is is exactly what I was referring to.

When the NRA attempted to bring gun safety and awareness to schools, the left had a hissy fit. Eddie Eagle would NEVER be allowed to tell THEIR kids --- "if you SEE A GUN -- find an adult"...

Such is the insurmountable opposition to actually PROMOTING gun safety in this country.

Was in the 60s that high schools still had markmanship programs and sponsored competitions in PUBLIC high schools. The perfect equalizer for the misfit geek who would never letter in basketball. AND --- a perfect way of teaching discipline and responsibility. In fact, I was a member (and then a coach) for a (non-school) junior rifle team sponsored by the Civitans. Our ammo was supplied virtually FREE courtesy of the DOD.. (Civilian Marksmanship Training Program).. THAT -- ought to make leftists really indignent... Uncle Sam GIVING free bullets to teens.. How awful..... Now as a Libertarian --- i too --- find that to be scary. But not because of fear of teens with guns. <<Grin>>

What we saw this week was evil. Because of the massive overuse of killing force against the defenseless. The same amount of damage COULD have been inflicted with a cavalry sword or a propane bomb. We really need to focus on DEFENDING AGAINST EVIL --- not on the armament that the evil choose to use. Our kids SHOULD be protected in public space. And perhaps -- a couple licensed carry permits and a deputization of those teachers volunteering for the task would have been a better equalizer.

Last edited:

Guns are everywhere.

Not yet it hasn't. Tragedies like this will become more common...that is certain. However the killing fields will begin after the populace is disarmed. Then you will see a real bloodbath...all at the hands of a wealthy elite abetted by there useful idiot minions.

We have the authority to demand that everyone that owns an assault gun have the same permit as those that own fully automatic weopons. And if you are caught outside your home with such a weopon and no permit, that weopon is confiscated and destroyed, and you spend jail time. We have the authority to pass a law on a national level that if you store your weopons irresponsibly, and they are taken and used in a crime, you own that crime.

The assault rifles and high capacity pistols were designed only for the killing for fellow humans, rapidly, and in large numbers. They do this very well. We learned that in Connecut this week.

New Topics

Forum List

Back