America Has a Health Crisis and This is a Big Part of the Reason Why

T
A serious question for all. Is how you feel about what you eat important or is it just about getting the most immediate gratification ? I'm sure that this sort of thing is tasty- fat , salt, cheese, meat...yum. But how do you feel AFTER eating this stuff?

I for one would feel like I had a cinder block in my get and would be able to do little more than, take laxitives, try to induce vomiting crawl into bed and sleep for 24 hours. I had a Portobello burger with soy cheese on whole wheat toast for dinner and feel great!

So why do people ingest this crap?

The Unhealthiest Item in Every Fast-Food Chain in the U.S.

Here are just a few examples:

BBSirJ5.img

BBSitTx.img

BBSiFG5.img

Follow the link and make note of the calorie count, fat and sodium and tell us how you really can justify eating this stuff
Take the food pyramid published by the government, penned mostly by the corn, and grain lobbies... Turn it upside down... There you go! Problem solved!

T
A serious question for all. Is how you feel about what you eat important or is it just about getting the most immediate gratification ? I'm sure that this sort of thing is tasty- fat , salt, cheese, meat...yum. But how do you feel AFTER eating this stuff?

I for one would feel like I had a cinder block in my get and would be able to do little more than, take laxitives, try to induce vomiting crawl into bed and sleep for 24 hours. I had a Portobello burger with soy cheese on whole wheat toast for dinner and feel great!

BBSirJ5.img

BBSitTx.img

BBSiFG5.img

Follow the link and make note of the calorie count, fat and sodium and tell us how you really can justify eating this stuff
Take the food pyramid published by the government, penned mostly by the corn, and grain lobbies... Turn it upside down... There you go! Problem solved!
You might want to run that by your cardiologist. Then schedule your lap band surgury. Problem solved.

I'm reminded by the OP of a cliché that defines “Puritanism” as the deep fear that someone, somewhere, may be having a good time. None of the foods condemned in the OP are bad, if eaten in moderation.

Of course, the OP is an example of a Gillettized girly-man, who eats a diet suitable only for such, and somehow imagines that this makes him in some way superior to those of us who eat real food suitable for real men.

Putting choice itself aside, there might be a lot to it. Especially if it's all the time.

Not many people have time to cook anymore. There's just no family time at the supper table. Mom or dad, more often both, are usually working double shifts in order to keep up with paying the IRS so the IRS can then turn the haul over to the Treasury so that the Treasury can pay the principal plus interest on that bond that the Federal Reserve bought with a check which is drawn on an account that has nothing in it since the politicians ran on voting to spend more money we don't have for more free stuff. And all that is before the other bills.

So, they're fast-fooding it. No time to cook. No money for healthier foods on the way home from work even if they wanted to try to eat healthier.

That alone sets the premise for an entirely different family model that's differerent than about 40 years ago when people didn't have to do that. Young folks follow in their parents footsteps never realizing that maybe they wouldn't have had to live off it if they didn't have to. It becomes the new norm down the generation. The inflation is killing us just as quick as the fast food. People are forced to buy cheap even if they had time to get home from working to cook a real meal.

It's a very deep topic, actually. One might discuss it from several different perspectives.

Last edited:
I'm reminded by the OP of a cliché that defines “Puritanism” as the deep fear that someone, somewhere, may be having a good time. None of the foods condemned in the OP are bad, if eaten in moderation.

Of course, the OP is an example of a Gillettized girly-man, who eats a diet suitable only for such, and somehow imagines that this makes him in some way superior to those of us who eat real food suitable for real men.

"...Gillettized girly-man..."? SMH

Is there anything that I said, there, that you are claiming is untrue?

Is there anything that I said, there, that you are claiming is untrue?

If you think the Gillette commercial is about creating girly-men, you either haven't watched the commercial or you think bullying and abusing women are criteria for being a man.

If you think the Gillette commercial is about creating girly-men, you either haven't watched the commercial or you think bullying and abusing women are criteria for being a man.

View attachment 243903

Laugh all you want. If you think laughing at someone who will stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves is what makes someone a man, you have a pitiful definition of what a man is.

[Laugh all you want. If you think laughing at someone who will stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves is what makes someone a man, you have a pitiful definition of what a man is.

I'm laughing at abject Gillettized fools such as you, who think that the Gillette ad was anything other than an attack on manhood in general, trying to paint all real men with their absurd negative stereotypes. It's clear enough that you recognize your own inadequacy, and think that the way to achieve any sort of equality is not to improve yourself, but to drag others down to your level.

May Laurence Tureaud have compassion for you.

I did so many illegal drugs over the past forty years to try and kill myself but they just didn't do the trick..
Eat healthy so you feel good. Die young with risky lifestyle. This is why they make fast cars, motorcycles, and parachutes.

Actually if one bothered to analyze the film short scene by scene... (And here’s a video of someone doing just that). It becomes apparent that it wasn’t men in general the director was trying to vilify. Rather... it was “white men”. Not really shocking considering the director was a staunch feminist.

[Laugh all you want. If you think laughing at someone who will stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves is what makes someone a man, you have a pitiful definition of what a man is.

I'm laughing at abject Gillettized fools such as you, who think that the Gillette ad was anything other than an attack on manhood in general, trying to paint all real men with their absurd negative stereotypes. It's clear enough that you recognize your own inadequacy, and think that the way to achieve any sort of equality is not to improve yourself, but to drag others down to your level.

May Laurence Tureaud have compassion for you.

Absolute nonsense.

I didn't see anyone painted with stereotypes in the commercials. I see you doing it now.

The numbers of cases of abuse and rape are factual. And how many men either look the other way or make excuses? That is what the point of the commercial is. Not a knock on masculinity.

Pretending you know enough about me to know of any inadequacies is simply more nonsense.

So we’ve seen a staunch feminists fantastical view of “toxic masculinity”.
But what would a realistic portrayal of “toxic Femeninity”, produced in the same vein look like? Probably a lot like this...

BBSirJ5.img

BBSitTx.img

BBSiFG5.img

If that food doesn't agree with you then don't eat it.

Personally my digestive system isn't as fragile as your's. Being a cement mason, it's not unusual for me to crush 10,000 calories in a day.

I just make sure I eat a balanced diet.

I for one would feel like I had a cinder block in my get and would be able to do little more than, take laxitives [sic], try to induce vomiting crawl into bed and sleep for 24 hours.
Personally my digestive system isn't as fragile as your's. Being a cement mason, it's not unusual for me to crush 10,000 calories in a day.

I just make sure I eat a balanced diet.

I'm an electrician, mostly doing construction work, lately, on large commercial buildings. I probably don't work as hard as you do, and don't burn through as many calories, but nevertheless, I'm, probably well above average on both those criteria.

One definitely doesn't do this kind of work, on a Gilettized girly-man diet like TheRegressiveParasite's. Real men, like us, need real food, and a robust enough digestive system to process it. If you just eat girly-man food, then eventually, your digestive system will become weak and fragile, just like his.

BBSirJ5.img

BBSitTx.img

BBSiFG5.img

I rarely eat anything even close to that, but if I did, I certainly wouldn't have to justify it to anyone.

Just who do you Communists think you are, anyway?
So I'm a communist because I deride the consumption of so called food that causes disease and death? Maybe you should stop tossing around accusations of being a communist so frivolously and maybe you'll actually be taken seriously.

The "evil" fatty foods are not what is killing us. The fats are not as bad as they have been claimed to be.

Sugar is what is killing us. It is in everything. Next time you are in a fast food place, grab one of the to-go packets of salt. Plain salt. Then look at the ingredients. Yes, the packets of salt have a list of ingredients.

On most you will find the word "dextrose".

True too, but also the problem with fast foods is the oils that they use over and over. Over cooked vegetable oil is really bad for the arteries. People just need to be smart and make healthy choices at least 75 % of the time. Sometimes you still want to live a little and I think theres no problem with having one of those burgers. The human body is designed to recover but you just cant eat that crap every day unless you are very lucky genetically.

Eating too much soy feminizes men. Hence the term soy boy. Stay away from the soy cheese. It's bad for you. Unless you want tits.

Forum List

Back