America Founded By Elitists & Partisan Nitwits

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

The End of Story.

---

Elitists who understood how to give people what they the elitists, thought they the people, needed, as opposed to what they wanted.

Partisan nitwits who when it came to feeding the masses information, were very much like the Glenn Becks and Kieth Olbermans of today.

The Federalist Papers, were they for the general public or the other elitists?

---

moral of the story? know thy audience.

The Federalist Papers were written by the main architects of the new Constitution to convince the masses that the Constitution would protect the rights of the people by strictly limiting the federal government. The Anti-Federalists argued that the new Constitution was essentially going to create a new monarchy in the U.S. by centralizing power with the federal government. Of course, the Anti-Federalists turned out to be right, because Hamilton and the Federalist Party changed their tune about how the Constitution limited the federal government after the Constitution was safely ratified.

The End of Story.

---

Elitists who understood how to give people what they the elitists, thought they the people, needed, as opposed to what they wanted.

Partisan nitwits who when it came to feeding the masses information, were very much like the Glenn Becks and Kieth Olbermans of today.

The Federalist Papers, were they for the general public or the other elitists?

---

moral of the story? know thy audience.

The Federalist Papers...
Kevin's point:
1) The Federalist Papers were written by the main architects of the new Constitution to convince the masses that the Constitution would protect the rights of the people by strictly limiting the federal government.

Dante's response:
I challenge your premise. It may even be a challenge that can be cleared up by definition(s) of term.

Were the Federalist papers really for the masses, and did the masses really read the Federalist papers? How many states, and what states, were the Federalist papers popular in, and where were the copies published and how many copies were published?

---

Kevin's point:
2) The Anti-Federalists argued that the new Constitution was essentially going to create a new monarchy in the U.S. by centralizing power with the federal government.

Dante's response:
I can live with this -- for now.
---

Kevin's point:
3) Of course, the Anti-Federalists turned out to be right, because Hamilton and the Federalist Party changed their tune about how the Constitution limited the federal government after the Constitution was safely ratified.

Dante's response:
Half truths not tell a whole story, or do they do you or your cause a service.

Forum List

Back