'America First' And The Tragedy Of Africa Second …Hand

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
African affairs are as low on his agenda as one can conceivably imagine. Not knowing the name of 'Nambia' in September 2017, as he called it twice at a meeting with AU members, and referring to African states as 'shithole countries'(which he denied) this year, is a clear indication of the complete lack of knowledge or care for anything African by the incumbent in the White House.

But when we look at trade, it is where we see how much will be changed by president Trump's policy of 'America first'. President Bill Clinton spent years having the African Growth and Opportunity (Agoa) Act passed through the US Congress, and it will continue to 2025.

This gave duty-free market access to goods coming from African countries that the US liked. It is largely meaningless for most African exporters of minerals and oil, which face zero tariffs, but it has been of great use to some countries that have sought to develop industrial capacity for exports.

Trump has used Clinton's Agoa legacy to show his 'America first' teeth with the smallest of African issues and countries. In 2015, the five leaders of the East African Community (Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya) agreed to phase out the imports of second-hand clothing (called mitumba in Swahili) by 2019.
'America First' And The Tragedy Of Africa Second …Hand - The Namibian

A different perspective. It pisses me off that charities resell there as it is.

United States Africa Command

We are involved in Africa.............occasionally our spec ops come home in bags from there........Africa is a very dangerous place and has always been so...............

And back in the Day we went in there............didn't turn out so well............but we got a great movie called Black Hawk down...........

Reality sucks..............and that area of the world............well sucks............

Hmm, should this nation be responsible for other nation's forever ? I mean when will any of these nation's ever become independent from the USA ???? If not careful we make everyone and everything slam jam dependent on us when they shouldn't be.

It's time for the children of the world to grow up already.

Is this a race baiting thread ?

FK Africa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...it IS a shithole --in many aspects--as I've undeniably proven many, many times on USMB
why shouldn't we take care of America?---that's what every other country does

.....America spends the MOST in foreign aid to include aircraft carriers/etc helping in natural disasters
....taking in HUNDREDS of thousands of immigrants --every YEAR!!!

wtf are you complaining about???????!!!!

.....America spends the MOST in foreign aid to include aircraft carriers/etc helping in natural disasters
....taking in HUNDREDS of thousands of immigrants --every YEAR!!!

wtf are you complaining about???????!!!!

Who the hell are you talking to?

Fuck Africa.
I had bleeding heart Jewish relatives go there to help.
It’s a shithole.

yeah , tell me that Desir isn't cool . She'll kick yer azz if you can be found Harmonica , [chuckle]

Forum List

Back