America, August 2010

Jeremy

TRANSFER!!!
Jun 11, 2010
Fed Looks to Spur Growth by Buying Government Debt - Bloomberg

News Headlines
U.S. stocks fell more than 200 points Wednesday after a Chinese manufacturing report coupled with the U.S. Federal Reserve's dimmer outlook triggered worries of a weaker global economy.

Feds rethink policies that encourage home ownership - USATODAY.com
Just how much should Uncle Sam do to help Americans buy their own homes?
For 70 years — and for the last 15 in particular — the answer has been: Whatever it takes.

Now, policymakers are pausing to reconsider. In the next few months, they'll weigh whether there can be too much of a good thing when it comes to helping families finance the American Dream.

News Headlines
The Obama administration is providing $3 billion to unemployed homeowners facing foreclosure in the nation's toughest job markets.

US posts widest trade gap in 20 months

Crowd waiting for housing vouchers gets rowdy | ajc.com

Robert Gibbs says leftwing critics of Obama 'ought to be drug tested' | Richard Adams | World news | guardian.co.uk

Reuters AlertNet - ANALYSIS-Grain price rise may fuel Mideast, Europe unrest
Rising grain prices from Russia's drought and fires will pressure populations already hit by the financial crisis and could stoke unrest -- particularly in the Middle East, North Africa and parts of Europe.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-six percent (46%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -22

We are seeing the legacy of Obama's failed policies. Sure, he can go blame Bush all he wants. But the American people know he has had nearly 2 years to make things better and instead they are worse. Congress fares even worse, under Democratic control for nearly 4 years.
If the election were held today I wouldn't be surprised to see McCain win.
Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see a shaved monkey beat Obama.

I don't blame Obama and company for all of it. Some of this stuff has been in the works for decades and lurking under the skin like an infection ready to burst forth as a festering boil. The Bush administration did some good things and also contributed to the problem. So did the Clinton administration. And Bush 41. And Reagan. And Carter. And you can keep going right on back all the way to Teddy Roosevelt if you need to assign blame somewhere in order to feel better.

The Obama Administration has not fixed any of the problems they inherited and has escalated a lot of them. But they salve their consciences by continuing to blame it all on George W. Bush knowing that a large part of their core constituency is quite content to believe that.

And speaking of that infection lurking just under the skin, there's a whole slew of that in legislation that has already passed but won't be fully felt by the people until after the 2012 election, or that legislation still in the works that is being postponed until after the coming elections. That will allow them to shift the blame to the next Congress most especially if it is controlled mostly by Republicans.

Every president inherits problems from his predecessor. This goes all the way back to George Washington, who inherited problems from the Continental Congress and from the British Parliament.
That isn't the point.
The point is as you state it:
The Obama Administration has not fixed any of the problems they inherited and has escalated a lot of them. But they salve their consciences by continuing to blame it all on George W. Bush knowing that a large part of their core constituency is quite content to believe that.

They aren't doing anything to make any of the problems better, and they are creating new ones for later.
Most people understand this.

A very factual article with good side-references.

chp-2.JPG
colaturka.jpg

what neat stuff is made in turkey that you can mail us? we all have palpay lol.....like what does turkey produce and why yall hating on the christians.....? i saw 60 minutes where turkey closed the schools for christian priests...* i dont understand it all* hand print of mohammed etc

Obama inherited the worst recession in 80 years. 18 months is not long enough to judge. I dissagree with just about every economic move he's done. If he doesn't get it right by 11 he's done.

Obama inherited the worst recession in 80 years. 18 months is not long enough to judge. I dissagree with just about every economic move he's done. If he doesn't get it right by 11 he's done.

No.
He inherited the worst recession in 10 years. He turned it into the worst in 80 years. Eighteen months is plenty to judge whether his policies are working or not.
And they are not.

fly shit in the pepper, if it's not signifiacanly better in 2 years he's Carter II.

When we have a President and a lapdog Congress who actually believe they can spend their way out of debt, we have every right to judge.

Obama and the Congress do not want to fix this economy. They want social discord and they want our economy to fail. He wants a permanent underclass that will believe in their never-ending promises of free handouts and happily give the government more power.

Forum List

Back