america apologizing in advance of wikileaks next release

It's that Pentagon Papers hangover.
Really, what has Wikileaks produced? Evidence the US war effort in Afghanistan is screwed up? Did anyone NOT know that?
All he's done is compromised agents and U.S. trade craft. Hardly noble. Probably treasonous. Meanwhile Assange is a wanted man for underage rape.

you mean rape accusations that were dropped and who stemmed from a girl with cia connectons? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The same thing happened with Scott Ritter.

Funny ain't it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/us/15arrest.html

I think Assange is a scumbag for releasing actual names but:

A. He doesn't "deserve" to die.
B. The United States should be getting it's house in order and get out of these swamps. It's not doing anyone any good. I think the Iraqis and Afghanis get it by now..

if his "work" causes even an "attempted murder" on one america, civilian or military, he is an enemy combatant. tough to prove though. he's got insurance/blackmail, so what. the last film he released was squeaky clean (the helecopter attack). if the enemy trusts you enough to let you hangout with them...

and of couse my personal belief that we have way too many journalists.

Last edited:
So... why exactly is the Obama administration feeding all the intel to Wikileaks?

Last edited:
I see this as a Glass House issue.

The information is classified because it's embarrassing behind-the-doors conversations rather than the carefully-worded, politely-stated language that diplomats share with their counterparts. This is more along the lines of Aunt Doris finding out what you really think of her. While there may be some embarrassing explanations for whatever is released, I seriously doubt this is going to permanently damage any diplomatic relationships. Perhaps there will be a token dismissal here and there, but that's about it.

You see, they say and do the same thing. So they're not going to raise much of a fuss because on any other day, this could have been their private conversations revealed over the internet.

CBC News - Canada - U.S. warns Ottawa of WikiLeak release

if our gov is apologizing world wide before it even comes out then you know it will be bad.

from the OP's link:

The U.S. government has notified Ottawa that the WikiLeaks website is preparing to release sensitive U.S. diplomatic files that could damage U.S. relations with allies around the world.

U.S. officials say the documents may contain accounts of compromising conversations with political dissidents and friendly politicians and could result in the expulsion of U.S. diplomats from foreign postings.

A Foreign Affairs spokeswoman said the U.S. ambassador to Canada, David Jacobson, has phoned Minister of Foreign Affairs Lawrence Cannon to inform him of the matter.

Melissa Lantsman said the Canadian Embassy in Washington is "currently engaging" with the U.S. State Department on the matter.

A State Department spokesman said Wednesday the release of confidential communications about foreign governments probably will erode trust in the United States as a diplomatic partner.

U.S. diplomatic outposts around the world have begun notifying other governments that WikiLeaks may release the documents in the next few days.

This sounds like it is much more serious than most of the posts in the thread reflect. If the fed agencies expect that this leak may compromise our diplomatic relations with our allies and they are willing to say that out loud and on the record we should expect some big shoes to fall.

On the other hand this may be Jillian Assange dropping some of his insurance files just to convince the folks who are trying to silence him that he is still dangerous despite the obviously trumped up charges in Sweden.

Or he may be dropping the whole insurance package now because he knows his era as a free citizen is winding down.

In any case the State Dept's admission suggests that these leaks will be explosive. Scandalous. Maybe enough so to change everything.

All the conjecture from the wacko left is funny as hell. Obama is playing three levels above your knee-jerk heads. You Lilliputian pinkos haven't got a fukkin clue.

then the password to his insurance file will get released. 1.2GB of compressed news that won't be released unless hes killed. I bet it has the power to crumble america

that's blackmail, i want him dead... is the password "rosebud" ?

Spoken like a true fascist.

sez u .... i'm not saying he shouldn't be tried. if he were sent to gitmo that would be fine, nothing has changed there in the last two years. i'm waiting for the president to take the credit for thinking of gitmo in the first place, since it's turned out to be such a good idea.

Last edited:
i don't know about the apologising part, but i'd like to see julian assange swinging on a meathook

then the password to his insurance file will get released. 1.2GB of compressed news that won't be released unless hes killed. I bet it has the power to crumble america

Why do you post as though that is something you'd like to see. You think that destroying our nation would be cool?

You're a sick freak, blu.

We wouldn't have to apologize if we didn't do or say stupid shit.

So, lets not do stupid shit.

It's not about 'stupid shit', xotoxi. It's about US government departments and our allies sharing information... and confidential cross country discussions. How the fuck is our government supposed to protect us from terrorist attacks if they cannot have confidential discussions with each other and other countries?

Anyone who thinks what wikileaks is doing is in anyway beneficial to our country is a total fucking moron whose desire for scandal outweighs what little intellect they may once have had.

i don't know about the apologising part, but i'd like to see julian assange swinging on a meathook

Why do you post as though that is something you'd like to see. You think that destroying our nation would be cool?

really... if it's about the first amendment, as the new york times (benedict gazzette) portends, every time they stick a knife in their own country's back, despicable i say.

it doesn't include our enemies... and what c.g. said

really... if it's about the first amendment, as the new york times (benedict gazzette) portends, every time they stick a knife in their own country's back, despicable i say.

To be honest, I don't think people realize what is at stake. Blu's intellect doesn't include the ability to engage in some critical thinking about action and consequences. He just wants to see our nation destroyed.

Some people see the first amendment as our right to know everything - even if that information costs other people their lives, even if it does untold damage to our country... and our allies.... even if it means that other countries won't share information with us ever again. And even if that withholding of information leads to another 9/11.... or more than one 9/11.... nothing is more important than their desire to see information made public that should never be made public. These people are sick freaks.

To be honest, I don't think people realize what is at stake. Blu's intellect doesn't include the ability to engage in some critical thinking about action and consequences. He just wants to see our nation destroyed.

Some people see the first amendment as our right to know everything - even if that information costs other people their lives, even if it does untold damage to our country... and our allies.... even if it means that other countries won't share information with us ever again. And even if that withholding of information leads to another 9/11.... or more than one 9/11.... nothing is more important than their desire to see information made public that should never be made public. These people are sick freaks.

god you're awesome... are you...single ?

Much ado about nothing. No one really cares. The first big leak they released had a big impact but these coming leaks wont have nearly the same impact. Most people just don't care.

hey dumb bitch why do you always jump to conclusions? when did i say i support this release?

Much ado about nothing. No one really cares. The first big leak they released had a big impact but these coming leaks wont have nearly the same impact. Most people just don't care.

are you retarded? you think america would be contacting all of our allies if it wasn't important?

are you retarded? you think america would be contacting all of our allies if it wasn't important?

the other thing is now it's about obama, not bush. there may be some inherent hypocrisy exposed, even still i want assange dead.

Didn't say it wasn't important to them. Just like all things in today's World,this will be a big deal for about an Hour and then it will go away. People just don't care. They have lives to live. This Wiki-leak guy might be a Rapist. Does anyone really care about that? Probably not. I'll stick to what i said earlier...Much ado about nothing.

Didn't say it wasn't important to them. Just like all things in today's World,this will be a big deal for about an Hour and then it will go away. People just don't care. They have lives to live. This Wiki-leak guy might be a Rapist. Does anyone really care about that? Probably not. I'll stick to what i said earlier...Much ado about nothing.

you really beleive the rape charges have any grounds? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back