America and reality.

rcajun90

Jul 7, 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
The most frustrating thing for me about Katrina hasn’t been the destruction, the massive traffic; the displaced people but rather the ignorance and down right mean spirited nature of some people on this board.

Educational Rankings
We aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed as a whole but we are not the bottom.
http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm

Wow! Look an Orleans Parish school that ranks high.
http://www.psk12.com/rating/USthreeRsphp/STATE_LA_level_High_CountyID_0.html

Our corruption is legendary but this isn’t a unique problem to Louisiana. What’s up with North Dakota?
http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040118-114320-9103r.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Chicago

Oil and Gas
Louisiana oil and gas production. Just wait till your electric bill comes in for December.
http://www.lmoga.com/scottes.htm

Ports
4 of the 10 largest ports in the nation. The price of everything will be going up.
http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/us/A0859361.html

Gulf Coast troops fighting in Iraq
40% of the Mississippi guard fighting in Iraq!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/30/AR2005083002162.html

Our lieutenant governor said it best when he told congress to keep your 200 billion and let Louisiana keep its oil, gas, tourism and fishing revenue for five years. Congress really didn’t like that idea. It was the same one that was proposed in the 1970’s to fix the levee and coastal erosion problem. Bush recognizes the value of the state and knows the country must rebuild it. If he didn’t and thought like some of you guys I would vote for succession. We have given so much to the country and have got very little in return. Now we are in need and knuckle heads on this board can think of little but kicking us when we are down. :finger:

"Our lieutenant governor said it best when he told congress to keep your 200 billion and let Louisiana keep its oil, gas, tourism and fishing revenue for five years. Congress really didn’t like that idea. It was the same one that was proposed in the 1970’s to fix the levee and coastal erosion problem. Bush recognizes the value of the state and knows the country must rebuild it. If he didn’t and thought like some of you guys I would vote for succession. We have given so much to the country and have got very little in return. Now we are in need and knuckle heads on this board can think of little but kicking us when we are down."

Taking it too personally. People are very frustrated that the effort to give to them was ignored by whiney people. People gave generously and are spending billions in taxes to rebuild that place and all we get is a guilt trip for our effort? A little bit of thank you goes a long way.

All we want is some effort to insure that the corruption doesn't steal the money we are sending to rebuild! Is that really too much to ask?

So, rebuild the ports, get the oil production back up to speed, and build the schools up anew, say thank you to the troops, but leave that sinking pile of dog shit you call Burben Street alone. Let the ocean claim it.

It is not in my nature to be cold to suffering of any kind, but I think many of us got ticked at all the politically-motivated Dem finger-pointing at Bush that came out of La, and the apparent lack of personal responsibility that goes hand in hand with blaming others. It turned us off. Well, I should really just speak for myself here. It turned me off.

Abbey Normal said:
It is not in my nature to be cold to suffering of any kind, but I think many of us got ticked at all the politically-motivated Dem finger-pointing at Bush that came out of La, and the apparent lack of personal responsibility that goes hand in hand with blaming others. It turned us off. Well, I should really just speak for myself here. It turned me off.
You don't think it's prudent to criticize a president when he appoints an incompetent, unqualified friend of his to be FEMA director and the guy screws up a relief effort that costs lives?:wtf:

Hagbard Celine said:
You don't think it's prudent to criticize a president when he appoints an incompetent, unqualified friend of his to be FEMA director and the guy screws up a relief effort that costs lives?:wtf:

So long as they also criticize the incompetency of the boob they elected as Mayor and the incompetency of the Governor all at the same time and actually look for a positive outcome other than just trashing one person specifically while ignoring all other issues that attributed to the NO debacle.

This blame only FEMA and especially Bush attitude to the point of saying the President doesn't care about Black people, etc. has made it clear that some want so badly for Bush to suck that it even overshadows benefit to the nation.

They attempt to throw blame at the feet of one person while ignoring the 700 police officers that were paid for but never provided by the Mayor saying that he needed to pay for consultants and software (BS, BS, BS! it would never cost that much...) while ignoring the fact that he didn't even attempt one little iota to implement the plan that he wrote (and didn't tell anybody he wasn't going to as he never released his DVD), while ignoring the fact that the State's own Dept of Homeland Security kept help from arriving ([sarcasm]thanks governor for working to remove red tape! [/sarcasm]), while ignoring the myriad other reasons that caused the problems....

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
no1tovote4 said:
So long as they also criticize the incompetency of the boob they elected as Mayor and the incompetency of the Governor all at the same time and actually look for a positive outcome other than just trashing one person specifically while ignoring all other issues that attributed to the NO debacle.

This blame only FEMA and especially Bush attitude to the point of saying the President doesn't care about Black people, etc. has made it clear that some want so badly for Bush to suck that it even overshadows benefit to the nation.

They attempt to throw blame at the feet of one person while ignoring the 700 police officers that were paid for but never provided by the Mayor saying that he needed to pay for consultants and software (BS, BS, BS! it would never cost that much...) while ignoring the fact that he didn't even attempt one little iota to implement the plan that he wrote (and didn't tell anybody he wasn't going to as he never released his DVD), while ignoring the fact that the State's own Dept of Homeland Security kept help from arriving ([sarcasm]thanks governor for working to remove red tape! [/sarcasm]), while ignoring the myriad other reasons that caused the problems....

I couldn't have responded better, so I will just say, No1Tv4 hit it dead on.

no1tovote4 said:
"Our lieutenant governor said it best when he told congress to keep your 200 billion and let Louisiana keep its oil, gas, tourism and fishing revenue for five years. Congress really didn’t like that idea. It was the same one that was proposed in the 1970’s to fix the levee and coastal erosion problem. Bush recognizes the value of the state and knows the country must rebuild it. If he didn’t and thought like some of you guys I would vote for succession. We have given so much to the country and have got very little in return. Now we are in need and knuckle heads on this board can think of little but kicking us when we are down."

Taking it too personally. People are very frustrated that the effort to give to them was ignored by whiney people. People gave generously and are spending billions in taxes to rebuild that place and all we get is a guilt trip for our effort? A little bit of thank you goes a long way.

All we want is some effort to insure that the corruption doesn't steal the money we are sending to rebuild! Is that really too much to ask?

You might find this disturbing or fustrating but Blanco and Naquin were elected as reformers. We don't want federal money to line the pocket of anyone. As far as taking it personally, I'm freaking living it. I live on the Northshore which was suppose to stay small town America. Covington and Mandeville are about 10 miles from house and it now takes me an hour and half to get to work. Oh well like I told my brother, I make sure my tank is full
and I crank up the tunes. We have at least doubled in size almost over night.
A small price to pay that our friends in St. Bernard, Jeferson and Orleans have a place to stay. As far as a thank you... America has been more than helpful.
This board hasn't. I've deleted the link like three times to say the hell with it all but reasonable people keep me coming back. A board regular here told me that he was heading to Baton Rouge to help. I gave him my number and a big thank you.

Pale Rider said:
So, rebuild the ports, get the oil production back up to speed, and build the schools up anew, say thank you to the troops, but leave that sinking pile of dog shit you call Burben Street alone. Let the ocean claim it.

I never hear of Burben Street??? LOL! Where is that? You guys are so stupid about Orleans.

Abbey Normal said:

No it is not. I've been pissed off or pissed on from so many people from this board that I don't care anymore. All of these places in America that don't have natural resources will soon find out what Louisiana means. They will start screaming when their electric bill tops out at 600.00. No you don't need New Orleans or Louisiana because the lights are always on right? You don't like 3.00 gas? Wait till it becomes 6.00! Wait until all those cheap Chinese products at Wal-Mart become double in price. Good luck but I'm going to see what the French are offering. :beer: :finger:

rcajun90 said:
No it is not. I've been pissed off or pissed on from so many people from this board that I don't care anymore. All of these places in America that don't have natural resources will soon find out what Louisiana means. They will start screaming when their electric bill tops out at 600.00. No you don't need New Orleans or Louisiana because the lights are always on right? You don't like 3.00 gas? Wait till it becomes 6.00! Wait until all those cheap Chinese products at Wal-Mart become double in price. Good luck but I'm going to see what the French are offering. :beer: :finger:

Cajun, I'm not sure what you are getting at. I know for myself, I gave as much as I could for Katrina, to both Red Cross and Salvation. I also gave to a collection at my school, my room alone-21 7th graders, totaled $876. The class also gave 32 book bags, each stuffed with supplies. What is it you are looking for?

Kathianne said:
Cajun, I'm not sure what you are getting at. I know for myself, I gave as much as I could for Katrina, to both Red Cross and Salvation. I also gave to a collection at my school, my room alone-21 7th graders, totaled $876. The class also gave 32 book bags, each stuffed with supplies. What is it you are looking for?

No you are one of our brothers in arms. Orleans pubolic schools were something that should have been destroyed. You are actually doing something but beware because they aren't to be trusted,

rcajun90 said:
No you are one of our brothers in arms. Orleans pubolic schools were something that should have been destroyed. You are actually doing something but beware because they aren't to be trusted,
Actually, we were dealing with Catholic schools. In any case, the 'blanket statement' that those on the board weren't supporting you, other than the 'one' wasn't quite true.

I've stated before and will again, I think NO should be rebuilt for tourism, not 'living'. There is plenty of high ground surrounding, but not enough for over 500k. Maximize what is profitable, minimize the possibility of casualties.

Kathianne said:
Actually, we were dealing with Catholic schools. In any case, the 'blanket statement' that those on the board weren't supporting you, other than the 'one' wasn't quite true.

I've stated before and will again, I think NO should be rebuilt for tourism, not 'living'. There is plenty of high ground surrounding, but not enough for over 500k. Maximize what is profitable, minimize the possibility of casualties.

That has already happened. There is about 250,000 here in St. Tammany and 700,000 in Baton Rouge. There are parts of New Orleans that shouldn't be rebuilt because it is simply to much below sea level. The 9th ward flooded the other week simply because of a cold front. As far as other parts of Orleans, people are already living there again. There are parts that never flooded like the Westbank, French Quarter and Metairie.

rcajun90 said:

Our family gave to the Red Cross to help Katrina human victims, and to the Best Friends animal rescue to help animal victims. And I have never said I don't care about La. My post was intended to help by explaining why some people are turned off. So if the "finger" was directed to me, then you are out of line.

Abbey Normal said:
Our family gave to the Red Cross to help Katrina human victims, and to the Best Friends animal rescue to help animal victims. And I have never said I don't care about La. My post was intended to help by explaining why some people are turned off. So if the "finger" was directed to me, then you are out of line.

No the finger is for Shitaro. Thank you for any help that you have sent this way.

cajun said:
A small price to pay that our friends in St. Bernard, Jeferson and Orleans have a place to stay. As far as a thank you... America has been more than helpful.
This board hasn't. I've deleted the link like three times to say the hell with it all but reasonable people keep me coming back. A board regular here told me that he was heading to Baton Rouge to help. I gave him my number and a big thank you.

Do you see how you may have offended many of us? :dunno:

rcajun90 said:
That has already happened. There is about 250,000 here in St. Tammany and 700,000 in Baton Rouge. There are parts of New Orleans that shouldn't be rebuilt because it is simply to much below sea level. The 9th ward flooded the other week simply because of a cold front. As far as other parts of Orleans, people are already living there again. There are parts that never flooded like the Westbank, French Quarter and Metairie.

I used to live in Gretna (for about 2 years) and I worked in Metairie. I stated that Louisiana has a great history. The Bridge City Gumbo Festival was awesome. Lousiana definitally has a culture worth saving.

I also said the city of New Orleans was a cess pool, and for the most part I stand by my statement. The public schools are bad, corruption with in the police force was rampant and obviously hasn't gotten any better though the years, and the crime rate had only gotten worse.

That being said, I do hope the rebuild the City, just with some forward thinking this time. They should have a flood zone with no housing and a much smaller population inside city limits. I never had anything against the people living there, just contempt for the people in charge of the schools and police department which made the city a bad place to live and raise children IMO.

Forum List

Back