America: A House Divided

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
I spent 2 hours watching Fox News, and another 2 hours watching MSNBC last weekend. It was like listening to 2 completely different and hostile counties. Each side sought to drive up their ratings by trashing the other side, while turning a blind eye to their own faults. If this attitude is allowed to grow and fester, America may not be here much longer. I know it's fun to trash the other side, but Conservatives and Liberals are going to have to wake up to the fact that one side is not going to push the other off the planet. Compromise and respect for each other are not signs of weakness, they are signs of intelligence. Maybe it's time to insist our lawmakers and our media outlets learn this lesson...before it's too late.

P.S. A very wise man once said: "A house divided against itself cannot stand"

I spent 2 hours watching Fox News, and another 2 hours watching MSNBC last weekend. It was like listening to 2 completely different and hostile counties. Each side sought to drive up their ratings by trashing the other side, while turning a blind eye to their own faults. If this attitude is allowed to grow and fester, America may not be here much longer. I know it's fun to trash the other side, but Conservatives and Liberals are going to have to wake up to the fact that one side is not going to push the other off the planet. Compromise and respect for each other are not signs of weakness, they are signs of intelligence. Maybe it's time to insist our lawmakers and our media outlets learn this lesson...before it's too late.P.S. A very wise man once said: "A house divided against itself cannot stand"
Agreed, completely. The material and "news" from those two networks virtually never intersect.

This has to end, those on the ends of the spectrum have to stop what they're doing, somehow. They have to understand that, as you point out, compromise and a fundamental human respect are not signs of abject capitulation. You really would think that adults would understand this.

I just don't know how to get there from here.

Sorry, but in my opinion, at least on this outlet, our "libs" do nothing but lie and distort. Many of "us" have had it and agree that it needs to come to a head. If push comes to shove, go for it.

How long until this post is trashed?

I spent 2 hours watching Fox News, and another 2 hours watching MSNBC last weekend. It was like listening to 2 completely different and hostile counties. Each side sought to drive up their ratings by trashing the other side, while turning a blind eye to their own faults. If this attitude is allowed to grow and fester, America may not be here much longer. I know it's fun to trash the other side, but Conservatives and Liberals are going to have to wake up to the fact that one side is not going to push the other off the planet. Compromise and respect for each other are not signs of weakness, they are signs of intelligence. Maybe it's time to insist our lawmakers and our media outlets learn this lesson...before it's too late.

I have no respect for the Left and no interest in compromise with them.

"We" are not a house divided, but two separate camps altogether: Americans who value the laws and traditions of the nation as created by the Founders, and those who wish to destroy those laws and traditions and replace them with something foreign, repressive and utterly unsavory.

This Country has been this badly divided only twice.

The first time was when John Adams and the New England/New York Assholes got control of the Federal Government and, among other things...passed the Sedition Laws...they were yesterday's Political Correctness Nazis...and they were using those laws to put people in jail for criticizing the Adams Administration. They put Ben Franklin's Grandson in jail for that.

It was a particular reason Jefferson ran against Adams and beat his ass. Jefferson's first act was to Pardon everybody the Assholes had put in jail for criticizing the Adams Administration. Then he governed so mildly and fairly, as did his successors from Virginia, Madison & Monroe...that the period became known as "The Era of Good Feeling".

The other time was the 1850's and we all know what came of that.

I admit I am a partisan, a Heartland Conservative...but I think what has to happen is that these turds in New England/New Jersey/New York, the Rotting Cities....have got to learn that the people in the Heartland are not stupid backwoods rubes from Deliverance...which is how they treat them.

A Liberal's basic philosophy is that he/she is smarter than everyone else, and so there is no reason to pay any attention to anything someone from the Heartland has to say. They know better what good for us than we do, so they use whatever power they can get--to coerce our behavior. They hold us in complete contempt, and are not slow to say so.

And the Intense Mutual Hatred is returned.

It won't end with Pickett's Charge this time, but not with an Era of Good Feeling either---the Democrat/Bolsheviks have become too inflexible. But as Lincoln said--A House divided against itself cannot stand.

I say we let Coastal California go. Mexico will probably annex it and then those Assholes will beg to come back, or the productive citizens will move to places like Colorado or Texas---after hopefully learning a lesson (though they seldom do).

Let New England/New York/ New Jersey break away.......and name the new country Assholia. Let them figure out who will supply them food to eat and fuel to keep them from freezing their asses to death.

Pay Canada a fortune to take Chicago and Detroit off our hands.

That should do it.

_________

Last edited:
This Country has been this badly divided only twice.

The first time was when John Adams and the New England/New York Assholes got control of the Federal Government and, among other things...passed the Sedition Laws...they were yesterday's Political Correctness Nazis...and they were using those laws to put people in jail for criticizing the Adams Administration. They put Ben Franklin's Grandson in jail for that.

It was a particular reason Jefferson ran against Adams and beat his ass. Jefferson's first act was to Pardon everybody the Assholes had put in jail for criticizing the Adams Administration. Then he governed so mildly and fairly, as did his successors from Virginia, Madison & Monroe...that the period became known as "The Era of Good Feeling".

The other time was the 1850's and we all know what came of that.

I admit I am a partisan, a Heartland Conservative...but I think what has to happen is that these turds in New England/New Jersey/New York, the Rotting Cities....have got to learn that the people in the Heartland are not the stupid backwoods rubes...which is how they treat them.

A Liberal's basic philosophy is that he/she is smarter than everyone else, and so there is no reason to pay any attention to anything someone from the Heartland has to say. They know better what good for us than we do, so they use whatever power they can get--to coerce our behavior. They hold us in complete contempt, and are not slow to say so.

And the Intense Mutual Hatred is returned.

It won't end with Pickett's Charge this time, but not with an Era of Good Feeling either---the Democrat/Bolsheviks have become too inflexible. But as Lincoln said--A House divided against itself cannot stand.

I say we let Coastal California go.

Nope. It's our dirt. Better to repatriate it by force if necessary.

Yup, cheering on only the corporate elite is just as wrong as what MSNBC does. Overly nationalistic isn't selling any more than overly liberal.The division is only going to grow exponentially. I don't put the blame on the media because they are private organizations. Its dupes and low info folk who believe what they spew out u DETR the false guise of patriotism.

If everyone abided by liberal ideas the country dies. If everyone abides by conservative ideals the country dies. More and more people are waking up to the fact neither conservative nor liberal politicians care about average people. The class hostility is coming ng I fear.

Oh it will be here, but some on the left wont like what will happen. Those ISIS sympathizers who dress like ISIS, act like ISIS, and hurt people like ISIS, will be mistaken for ISIS and the only way to deal with ISIS, is to kill them. As long as the US laws are still followed, We the People will follow those laws, but if the left takes those laws away then there is nothing left for US to do, but take our country back. Yep liberals always do strange things for their ideology, but the results may be what they don't want.

How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job
#2) Sociopaths are more spontaneous and intense than other people. They tend to do bizarre, sometimes erratic things that most regular people wouldn't do. They are unbound by normal social contracts. Their behavior often seems irrational or extremely risky.
#3) Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others.
#5) Sociopaths seek to dominate others and "win" at all costs. They hate to lose any argument or fight and will viciously defend their web of lies, even to the point of logical absurdity.
When you understand how liberals think, you understand how dangerous liberals can be.
Radical Liberals who punch women....Radical Muslims who stone women.....
thQ7MY18XU.jpg thJVO3G3KC.jpg

Sorry, but in my opinion, at least on this outlet, our "libs" do nothing but lie and distort. Many of "us" have had it and agree that it needs to come to a head. If push comes to shove, go for it. How long until this post is trashed?
An example of the problem.
It's pointless to argue. Bring it on.

Anarchists understand that government is the problem.

But even once you get rid of government, there still is the basic organizational question, how do you organize society?

This is the underpinning of where this conflict between Dems/Repubs, conservatives/liberals comes from.

Should society organize around the community, or, should it organize around the individual?

This was the heart of the Battle of Berkeley.

Can Propertarians & Non-Propertarians Co-Exist?
Can Propertarians & Non-Propertarians Co-Exist? | The Conscious Resistance Network

So then, how do we go about achieving this state of mutual respect and healthy conflict resolution? We believe the answer lies in the work of Josiah Warren, America’s first individualist anarchist, abolitionist, and founder of anarchist intentional communities. Under his leadership, the community of Modern Times, New York lasted several years with thousands of residents without maintaining a police force or court system. Modern Times was also unique in that it did not end in failure as many homesteads did, but instead was swallowed up by the growing United States. Warren espoused a philosophy based on what he called The Sovereignty of the Individual, a principle which recognized the value in individualism and stressed the need for mutual respect of other free individuals’ right to be free from coercion. He stressed that individuals living in a complex society have interlocking interests and as such, there will be conflicts and there will have to be compromises. Warren was adamant that free people should not impose their will on others and instead allow diversity to reign.

According to Warren, “Liberty, then, is the sovereignty of the individual, and never shall man know liberty until each and every individual is acknowledged to be the only legitimate sovereign of his or her person, time, and property, each living and acting at his own cost; and not until we live in a society where each can exercise his right of sovereignty at all times without clashing with or violating that of others.”

With this principle in mind, let us examine a few scenarios involving conflicting views of property and see if there is a possibility for coexistence. These scenarios represent some of the common objections and most difficult questions to answer.

Oh it will be here, but some on the left wont like what will happen. Those ISIS sympathizers who dress like ISIS, act like ISIS, and hurt people like ISIS, will be mistaken for ISIS and the only way to deal with ISIS, is to kill them. As long as the US laws are still followed, We the People will follow those laws, but if the left takes those laws away then there is nothing left for US to do, but take our country back. Yep liberals always do strange things for their ideology, but the results may be what they don't want.

How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job
#2) Sociopaths are more spontaneous and intense than other people. They tend to do bizarre, sometimes erratic things that most regular people wouldn't do. They are unbound by normal social contracts. Their behavior often seems irrational or extremely risky.
#3) Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others.
#5) Sociopaths seek to dominate others and "win" at all costs. They hate to lose any argument or fight and will viciously defend their web of lies, even to the point of logical absurdity.
When you understand how liberals think, you understand how dangerous liberals can be.
Radical Liberals who punch women....Radical Muslims who stone women.....
View attachment 122454 View attachment 122455

Take a look at the President, he is a perfect example.

I think there are too many people placing too much trust in those who have a vested professional interest in keeping us angry and divided.

Indeed. The Democrats should immediately cease such robotic behavior.

Yes america has plutocratic tendencies. Part of the problem is the extremists from both sides make all the noise. Common sense folk are quiet.

I spent 2 hours watching Fox News, and another 2 hours watching MSNBC last weekend. It was like listening to 2 completely different and hostile counties. Each side sought to drive up their ratings by trashing the other side, while turning a blind eye to their own faults. If this attitude is allowed to grow and fester, America may not be here much longer. I know it's fun to trash the other side, but Conservatives and Liberals are going to have to wake up to the fact that one side is not going to push the other off the planet. Compromise and respect for each other are not signs of weakness, they are signs of intelligence. Maybe it's time to insist our lawmakers and our media outlets learn this lesson...before it's too late.P.S. A very wise man once said: "A house divided against itself cannot stand"
Agreed, completely. The material and "news" from those two networks virtually never intersect.

This has to end, those on the ends of the spectrum have to stop what they're doing, somehow. They have to understand that, as you point out, compromise and a fundamental human respect are not signs of abject capitulation. You really would think that adults would understand this.

I just don't know how to get there from here.

The answer has been and will always be federalism. 90% of the crap we are arguing about has to be removed from the federal playing field and be left to the States, or at the State's approval, local communities.

The funny thing is that even if conservatives/libertarians "win" at the federal level, progressives can still have what they want at the State level in States they control. The real issue is that if progressives control the federal level, they will force their views on people who don't want anything to do with them.

THAT is the crux of the problem right now.

In my opinion opposing opinions have always existed in the country. Now information is available on a smart phone so hardly a thing goes by that we don't know about and if we don't we bitch about not knowing as if everything is our business. I also think that as people work less they have more time to bitch and complain.

My observation is that since Obama left the racial aspect of the division has actually gone down. It seemed like every week the administration was saying or doing something to foster the divide.

But on the other side of the coin the left wing has become more violent. More militant. More deranged. Things they used to say they were against.

I don't know how we will ever come together. When one side thinks that illegal immigration is a right and the other side points out it is against the law. Or how can we come together when the SCOTUS imposes laws, unpopular laws on the people.

I think that the condition we find the country is the condition we will stay until a greater enemy arises. Could that be the objective of the New World Order and the conflicts we are seeing with Russia and China? Is that the way they are going to bring together the world, through war?

Forum List

Back