America, a friend and an undoubted companion!

bluesky79

Apr 21, 2008
Candlelight protests have been taking place in Korea these days, what are everyone's thoughts on this matter?

It's regrettable that articles on the matter cast the Korean people as wholly against U.S. beef which is not the case. By no means are all Koreans opposed to U.S. beef imports as it seems on the news.

Anxiety over beef aged 30months or more, deemed to hold possibility for mad cow disease, seems to have led to group behavior which has been a bit more emotional than rational.

However, politically and emotionally sensitive responses such as "pull U.S. troops out" or "boycott Korean automobiles" won't help U.S.-Korean relations at all.

Under no circumstances does Korea want interrelations with America to turn uncomfortable. America is forever a friend and an undoubted companion.

South Korea is a great ally.

Frankly, I can't blame them for suspecting our beef might be tainted.

I suspect it could be, too.

A boycott on beef is not enough reason for me to boycott Hyundai. Those vehicles are of good quality as well.

Candlelight protests have been taking place in Korea these days, what are everyone's thoughts on this matter?

It's regrettable that articles on the matter cast the Korean people as wholly against U.S. beef which is not the case. By no means are all Koreans opposed to U.S. beef imports as it seems on the news.

Anxiety over beef aged 30months or more, deemed to hold possibility for mad cow disease, seems to have led to group behavior which has been a bit more emotional than rational.

However, politically and emotionally sensitive responses such as "pull U.S. troops out" or "boycott Korean automobiles" won't help U.S.-Korean relations at all.

Under no circumstances does Korea want interrelations with America to turn uncomfortable. America is forever a friend and an undoubted companion.

I seriously doubt anything will come of this. It's just a case of the extremists getting unwarranted attention. We boycott stuff we think is bad, even if it's our own.

You don't see the tomato in high demand around here right now.

So on that note, how many victory gardens are popping up? I'm kind of tired of having all these warnings and recalls go out.

Let's not start on factory farms.

Forum List

Back