Amelia Earhart

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
It looks like they finally figured it out.

For decades, pioneer aviator Amelia Earhart was said to have “disappeared” over the Pacific on her quest to circle the globe along a 29,000-mile equatorial route.Now, new information gives a clearer picture of what happened 75 years ago to Ms. Earhart and her navigator Fred Noonan, where they came down and how they likely survived – for a while, at least – as castaways on a remote island, catching rainwater and eating fish, shellfish, and turtles to survive.
The tale hints at lost opportunities to locate and rescue the pair in the first crucial days after they went down, vital information dismissed as inconsequential or a hoax, the failure to connect important dots regarding physical evidence.

Amelia Earhart: New evidence tells of her last days on a Pacific atoll (+video) - CSMonitor.com

As usual the CSM is a day late and a dollar short. The same recovery group claimed that a piece of aircraft metal was definitely from Earhart's plane and later it was proved that it was from different plane. Scraping tools and bird bones prove nothing.

It is an interesting story.

Did they not also find remains on that atoll??

If so I wonder if there is any way to prove the remains are either Earhart or Noonan??

It's interesting...and I love mysteries like this.
It's too bad she never was able to complete her quest...of course, if she had, we wouldn't be reading stories such as this.

Thats probably just what happened.

Earhart and the drunk co-pilot missed Howland Island just barely (heartbreaking when you think about it) , got dis-oriented, ran out of fuel, made a forced landing on an atoll, survived for a while , then died of malnutrition.

End of story.

Last edited:
As usual the CSM is a day late and a dollar short. The same recovery group claimed that a piece of aircraft metal was definitely from Earhart's plane and later it was proved that it was from different plane. Scraping tools and bird bones prove nothing.
There Is nothing new,these stories by TIGHAR finding Amilia Earhast is not definitely,true at all. do you know how long this story and old it is? we are still in 1937,no proof of Amilia . but I did read on facebook ,someone stated there is a new piece of the puzzle, the first in 76, years, I myself think she had a plan,she did not die in 1937, you might like to read, a man who states he found the plane by David BILLINGS, very intreating reading

That article is over a year old, but it's a great story. I've been keeping track of the visits to the atoll for several years and it looks like this is the best theory to what happened to her.

That article is over a year old, but it's a great story. I've been keeping track of the visits to the atoll for several years and it looks like this is the best theory to what happened to her.

In my defense, I posted it over a year ago.

There Is nothing new,these stories by TIGHAR finding Amilia Earhast is not definitely,true at all. do you know how long this story and old it is? we are still in 1937,no proof of Amilia . but I did read on facebook ,someone stated there is a new piece of the puzzle, the first in 76, years, I myself think she had a plan,she did not die in 1937, you might like to read, a man who states he found the plane by David BILLINGS, very intreating reading

Actually it's not well known but Amelia shot JFK and then took over for Paul McCartney.
Just between us, OK?

Oh Amelia... it was just a false alarm...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=N6d2RG2Rl64]Joni Mitchell - Amelia - YouTube[/ame]

Uncle Ferd thought dat's what Starry, Starry Night was all about...

... `bout dem walkin' onna beach one starry night...

... when dey was stranded...

... go figure.

Someone will eventually find out. This sounds intriguing and I'm familiar with the search of this Island event though a lot of holes abound.

I remember reading about artifacts found on an island. Loads of fish and bird bones and peices of equipment and shoes. Just like the story says.

They even found human bones. To bad no one got them together and got them out of there. I'm sure they could have gotten DNA to see if it was Earhart of Noonan.

Wonder where those bones are now and it sure would be nice to solve the mystery of Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan.

They need to find that plane. Once they find the plane everything else will come together. Somebody will make a fortune salvaging what is left of it.

Forum List

Back