AMD

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
yay or Nay
try to keep watch list updated. This crossed the screen the other day with nice move and today up 9%. Now I am wondering if its simply become day trader fodder. Hesitant to get in after such a big move so quickly.

yay or Nay
try to keep watch list updated. This crossed the screen the other day with nice move and today up 9%. Now I am wondering if its simply become day trader fodder. Hesitant to get in after such a big move so quickly.

What's it at?

yay or Nay

What's it at?
+2.51 to 29.89

No. Too high for AMD.
Over 52 week high.....move began in July at 16 something....could be breakout

yay or Nay

What's it at?
+2.51 to 29.89

No. Too high for AMD.

Could be level-out. PC use is ever-shrinking these days due to those damn phones. :102:

I worked in the semiconductor industry for over 11 years; they are basically a 'commodity' but (shares) are not traded as such.

if you want to get into semi stocks you really need to DYODD & watch the f*** out.

yay or Nay

What's it at?
+2.51 to 29.89

No. Too high for AMD.
I was trading AMD when it was between 10 and 13 and bailed when it went above that. Don't get suckered into the "breakout" hype of those talking heads on CNBC.

My 18 year old son told me to buy AMD at $11.00. His grandparents told me to front him the $11,000.00 to buy a thousand shares. I did. Then he sold it at or near $33.00 He said it reached its peak, He made nearly a nice little $22,000.00 profit.

My 18 year old son told me to buy AMD at $11.00. His grandparents told me to front him the $11,000.00 to buy a thousand shares. I did. Then he sold it at or near $33.00 He said it reached its peak, He made nearly a nice little $22,000.00 profit.
Good on you for supporting your son. Kinda scary when an 18 year old has that kind of success out of the gate tho. He may get the false impression it's easy money.

Good on you for supporting your son. Kinda scary when an 18 year old has that kind of success out of the gate tho. He may get the false impression it's easy money.
My fear exactly as well.

Forum List

Back