~Ambien (sleeping aid)~

i hate beating on a friend....esp when i really really care for this internet person.....

and i see a dangerous path....she is going down....do i watch and hope for the best.....

nope....i am gonna rag her till she comes on and says she has quit....even then it will take time...

if i see a friend stepping into traffic....i will try my best to stop them...same here

I read former NFL player Lyle Alzado's book a while back and in it he said his one regret in life had been the night before the AFC Championship game against Denver he took a few sleeping pills in the hope that he'd get a good nights sleep.

Well all it did was make him groggy the next day and he says he had one of the worst games of his life and they ended up losing the game.

I used to be a light sleeper too. Then I changed my diet and now I sleep all night and wake up in the morning ready to go.

But go ahead and put a bandaid with side effects on it instead, It's your life.

Ambien Side Effects | Drugs.com

My diet is fine....thanks.
And I rather trust my doctor to give me something that may help.....if it doesn't, then I shall not take it.
I was just curious if anyone has ever taken it.

forgive me dear...but be careful up there on your high horse....

did you tell this doctor that you are boozing it with the pills? ooooooooo somehow i doubt that....so now your doctor is giving you pills not knowing you are boozing with them? nice, real nice.

No Bones....you are right...I never mentioned I drink a few.
I just want to sleep........I never seem to sleep...........I just was seeking (legit) ways to get some sleep.
I haven't slept in years.
Thanks.

My diet is fine....thanks.
And I rather trust my doctor to give me something that may help.....if it doesn't, then I shall not take it.
I was just curious if anyone has ever taken it.

Why are you asking for anonymous opinions on the internet if you trust your doctor?

Ambien is dangerous, should only be used for a short-term solution, and only if many other treatments have not worked.

JMHO

Is there a crime against asking others if they have used this medicine, and if so, did it work for them??
STFU.

No it's not a crime.

It's bad form to ask for opinions and then tell someone who responds to "STFU."

Why are you asking for anonymous opinions on the internet if you trust your doctor?

Ambien is dangerous, should only be used for a short-term solution, and only if many other treatments have not worked.

JMHO

Is there a crime against asking others if they have used this medicine, and if so, did it work for them??
STFU.

No it's not a crime.

It's bad form to ask for opinions and then tell someone who responds to "STFU."

Oh well....I'm a bad girl.

I took it once, the feeling of waking up not knowing where you are, who you are And why,:confused: is a nasty side effect. I never took it again
When I need a deep sleep A bottle of Red wine works fine:wine:

All Uncle Ferd has to say is, "Yer gettin' sleepy, yer gettin' sleepy" an' possum conks out like a light...
:eusa_shifty:
Are Sleep Problems a Growing Epidemic?
August 01, 2012 - New research shows that a lack of sleep is a growing health problem around the world. Sleeplessness has been linked to such chronic illnesses as cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
Lack of sleep is not just a problem in developed nations. It’s getting just as bad in developing countries as well. Researchers at the University of Warwick Medical School in Coventry, England conducted the study. “Our purpose was to look at the existing data from eight different countries from both Africa and Asia. We came to estimate the prevalence of self-reported sleep problems across eight different populations. And also we tried to examine potential correlates of sleep problems in these populations,” said lead author Dr. Saverio Stranges.

The research was conducted in Ghana, Tanzania, South Africa, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia and an urban area of Kenya. The study estimates 150 million adults in developing countries are suffering from sleep-related problems. “There is biological evidence supporting the notion that sleep deprivation, for example, may impair important physiological functions, including, for example, appetite or neuro-regenerative responses. And also have an impact on the immune system, which may actually explain the association of sleep with occurrence of many chronic diseases,” he said.

He said sleep problems are also associated with unhealthy habits, such as smoking and a poor diet. Stranges says some people can actually sleep too much, such as the elderly, making them more prone to disease. “In Western populations there is this common belief that a 24 hour society is driving these trends in sleep problems. The exposure to the Internet is likely an important contributor to this, if you like, epidemic of sleep problems in Western countries. Also, increasing prevalence of depression and anxiety disorders,” Stranges said.

The study found that in developing countries depression and anxiety were also major factors in sleep problems. There was a higher prevalence among women than men. Bangladesh, South Africa and Vietnam have extremely high levels of sleep problems. “Sleep problems are becoming an important public health issue at least in some of these countries. And actually one interesting finding we had in this study was the striking variation of the prevalence of sleep problems across different populations. For example, we found that over 40 percent of people in Bangladesh may experience sleep problems, again with higher prevalence among women,” he said. On the other hand, India and Indonesia report relatively low levels of sleep problems.

Stranges warned that sleeplessness could add to the already heavy disease burden in developing countries. “Obviously, these are countries which are still facing the issue of infectious diseases and high mortality and morbidity from childhood-related diseases and maternal mortality. At the same time there is an increasing prevalence of chronic diseases in these populations,” he said. He said there are no simple solutions to sleep problems, which can be tied to the effects of poverty. The study recommends that sleep patterns be included in assessing a population’s overall health. It also says lifestyle changes should be considered before prescribing medication. The study – Sleep problems: An Emerging Global Epidemic? – appears in the journal Sleep.

Source

Alright.... and ambient story....from last night.

I took it late... 11pm. By 3am i was deep into the drub. And i am hearing something..... what is that.....something something something something.... its the doorbell!

It was the neighbor... who had noticed a suspicious person walking along the block... he called the cops. Buy the time the cops got here the ass hole had broken into our truck!

ggggrrrrrrr....

ok.... time to go back to sleep.

I sent out a pm here while i was looking out the window at all the activity..... it was pretty funny to read this morning. :lmao:

I have had severe osteoarthritis in my back, shoulders, knees and hips for about a decade. To help me sleep after one of the surgeries I have had, my doctor prescribed ambien. I took it a couple times. Helped me sleep a lot. But it also caused some rather unpleasant disturbances in my thoughts. So I stopped. Ambien is a very powerful medication, and it is highly addictive.

Anyone heard of the sleeping pill Ambien??
Ever taken it??
Does it work??...side effects??

I don't sleep well......so now my doctor has given me a prescription for Ambien........guess we'll see~

I like to use mine maybe once or twice a week, because you will build a tolerance and then be right back where ya started.

As for side effects, I have experienced a few... i.e. getting up and raiding refrigerator, or having vision issues... kind of makes it fuzzy after @ 30 mins.
Affects my taste buds the next day as well.

Good luck Dabs.

I drive a 8 cyl Dodge Dakota and come to think of it I don't give a shit what you googleyed rejects take.

Just messing around, bro'.

I get it that America is over-medicated.
That doesn't mean that there is never a need for medicine.

:cool:

I ain't your bro and if you don't understand the difference between medication and psychotropic feel good drugs and stupid doctors who would prescribe anything to get you out of their office in time for the next patient, well you deserve to experience a fatal episode.

Oh good grief!!

ROFLMFAO

Yeah I have come to discover Ambien makes me forget things I have done!

But...Lunesta is worse *eek*

I'm doomed ~LoL~

Ever taken it??

I don't sleep well......so now my doctor has given me a prescription for Ambien........guess we'll see~

I hear it's dangerous. I knew a guy in Reno that took an Ambien and got out of bed, went out and got in his car and started driving all while still asleep. He woke up when a police car put the siren on and pulled him over. They charged him with DUI. So you better make sure you lock yourself up or something. I wouldn't take that crap on a bet.

Yeah I have come to discover Ambien makes me forget things I have done!

But...Lunesta is worse *eek*

I'm doomed ~LoL~

Ill go with that.... the 8 hours under the drug.... if i get up and do things its usually gone.

Ever taken it??

I hear it's dangerous. I knew a guy in Reno that took an Ambien and got out of bed, went out and got in his car and started driving all while still asleep. He woke up when a police car put the siren on and pulled him over. They charged him with DUI. So you better make sure you lock yourself up or something. I wouldn't take that crap on a bet.

I heard about that....just around the time my daughter was taking Ambien. She didn't take it for long, and she really didn't like it. Along with the fact that twice my son caught her up sleepwalking and getting into the fridge and she really didn't know she did all that the next morning! She didn't believe him after the 1st time, but when he caught her again he made sure she knew!!

What you don't want to do, is take Ambien if you have sleep apnea.

My sleeping is so fucked up, they thought I did have sleep apnea.
I even did the sleep study test....for 2 nights.
They hooked me up to all kinds of test lines and stuff........I had very mild sleep apnea.....that obviously isn't the cause of my problem.
But I just can't seem to sleep :-/
So, I go around looking for shit....err...stuff....to help make me go to sleep~

I haven't done it but since retiring from the Navy but I have thought of smoking weed for my health issues.

I spent a couple of nights in the hospital after a knee surgery last week and the doc me gave Ambian which helped me sleep. He did not give me any as a departing gift on discharge. WTF?

I haven't done it but since retiring from the Navy but I have thought of smoking weed for my health issues.

I spent a couple of nights in the hospital after a knee surgery last week and the doc me gave Ambian which helped me sleep. He did not give me any as a departing gift on discharge. WTF?

Weed really does work for aches and pains! A friend of mine at work has a card....her mother is in her late 80's and has had a lot of problems, has osteoporosis, and she talked her mom into trying to smoke it. She did was was so surprised how good she feels! You can also get it made into hard candies, of course brownies....suckers! :)

I don't like the smell of weed when others are smoking it near me....I am certain I wouldn't like it any better if I smoked it ~LoL~

Forum List

Back