~Ambien (sleeping aid)~

Anyone heard of the sleeping pill Ambien??
Ever taken it??
Does it work??...side effects??

I don't sleep well......so now my doctor has given me a prescription for Ambien........guess we'll see~

After my divorce, I couldn't sleep at all..so I got a prescription for it. It worked fine in the beginning..you really don't notice it. But over the long term it gets weird.

It's definitely not a long term solution..but it's fine for a couple of weeks.

Make sure to use it exactly as directed and do not drink with it.

I too have had the same effect from women.

:lol:

:eusa_shhh:

He has a "Say NO to Drugs" bumper sticker on his Datsun

I drive a 8 cyl Dodge Dakota and come to think of it I don't give a shit what you googleyed rejects take.

Just messing around, bro'.

I get it that America is over-medicated.
That doesn't mean that there is never a need for medicine.

:cool:

I ain't your bro and if you don't understand the difference between medication and psychotropic feel good drugs and stupid doctors who would prescribe anything to get you out of their office in time for the next patient, well you deserve to experience a fatal episode.

I drive a 8 cyl Dodge Dakota and come to think of it I don't give a shit what you googleyed rejects take.

I ain't your bro and if you don't understand the difference between medication and psychotropic feel good drugs and stupid doctors who would prescribe anything to get you out of their office in time for the next patient, well you deserve to experience a fatal episode.

Sounds like you need a dose or two.

Issues?
:eusa_boohoo:

The reason it's a prescription drug is because it is dangerous or addictive. Mood or behavior altering drugs have been found to cause horrific birth defects when used by pregnant women. I guess it's up to the justice dept. to determine if the typical side effect "thoughts of suicide" can also be "thoughts of murder".
Oh good grief.

It works for some, not all. Tends to cause confusion in older folks (in my experience).

I guess it's the union based education system in the US for the last fifty years that causes people to think they are engaging in a discussion or posing an argument when they say "oh good grief".

No, it's the fact that your post was a gross over-generalization that didn't have any basis in fact regarding the topic at hand. The prescribing information on Ambien says it hasn't been tested on pregnant women, but that it does cross the placenta.

I'm amazed that people accept a prescription by a doctor who probably gets a kickback from the pharma company and hasn't got a clue about the cause and effect of the alleged illness he is prescribing. I'm amazed that Americans are so conditioned to believe in better living through drugs that they would even risk taking psychotropic junk for minor ailments. The stuff is dangerous. They cause genetic mutation and God knows what. Quit the drugs unless you need them for terminal illness.

Oh good grief.

What an asshole thing to post.

That's beyond the pale. Wishing the death of another poster that didn't agree with you?

Fuck you man.

I used to be a light sleeper too. Then I changed my diet and now I sleep all night and wake up in the morning ready to go.

But go ahead and put a bandaid with side effects on it instead, It's your life.

Ambien Side Effects | Drugs.com
COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Ambien:
Diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness (including daytime drowsiness); "drugged" feeling; dry mouth; headache; nausea; nose or throat irritation; sluggishness; stomach upset; weakness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Ambien:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the hands, legs, mouth, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; throat closing; unusual hoarseness); abnormal thinking; behavior changes; chest pain; confusion; decreased coordination; difficulty swallowing or breathing; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; memory problems (eg, memory loss); mental or mood changes (eg, aggression, agitation, anxiety); new or worsening depression; severe dizziness; shortness of breath; suicidal thoughts or actions; vision changes.​

My diet is fine....thanks.
And I rather trust my doctor to give me something that may help.....if it doesn't, then I shall not take it.
I was just curious if anyone has ever taken it.

Why are you asking for anonymous opinions on the internet if you trust your doctor?

Ambien is dangerous, should only be used for a short-term solution, and only if many other treatments have not worked.

JMHO

After my divorce, I couldn't sleep at all..so I got a prescription for it. It worked fine in the beginning..you really don't notice it. But over the long term it gets weird.

It's definitely not a long term solution..but it's fine for a couple of weeks.

Make sure to use it exactly as directed and do not drink with it.

I too have had the same effect from women.

should women come with side effect warning labels?

So he is against free enterprise in medicine.

I used to be a light sleeper too. Then I changed my diet and now I sleep all night and wake up in the morning ready to go.

And I rather trust my doctor to give me something that may help.....if it doesn't, then I shall not take it.

Why are you asking for anonymous opinions on the internet if you trust your doctor?

Ambien is dangerous, should only be used for a short-term solution, and only if many other treatments have not worked.

JMHO

Is there a crime against asking others if they have used this medicine, and if so, did it work for them??
STFU.

Just before orals in grad school, I had horrible insomnia. I could not get a wink of sleep going on three days. And I really do mean not a wink. I had not slept a single minute for three days. Not that I didn't try.

So, I was getting frantic about not sleeping, which further fed my insomnia. I got a prescription for a few Ambien. It was for a "reset" of my sleep. The doctor said take it for three days, whether I needed the next two or not. I took it, and it worked. I slept normally after that

They gave me a prescription for maybe ten of them, though. I only needed three of them.

Months later I took another because I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep one night. I did NOT like the way it affected me.

Dumped the remaining six out.

Anyway, it's a strong hypnotic and cause of amnesia.

COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Ambien:
Diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness (including daytime drowsiness); "drugged" feeling; dry mouth; headache; nausea; nose or throat irritation; sluggishness; stomach upset; weakness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Ambien:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the hands, legs, mouth, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; throat closing; unusual hoarseness); abnormal thinking; behavior changes; chest pain; confusion; decreased coordination; difficulty swallowing or breathing; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations; memory problems (eg, memory loss); mental or mood changes (eg, aggression, agitation, anxiety); new or worsening depression; severe dizziness; shortness of breath; suicidal thoughts or actions; vision changes.​

forgive me dear...but be careful up there on your high horse....

did you tell this doctor that you are boozing it with the pills? ooooooooo somehow i doubt that....so now your doctor is giving you pills not knowing you are boozing with them? nice, real nice.

I'm amazed that people accept a prescription by a doctor who probably gets a kickback from the pharma company and hasn't got a clue about the cause and effect of the alleged illness he is prescribing. I'm amazed that Americans are so conditioned to believe in better living through drugs that they would even risk taking psychotropic junk for minor ailments. The stuff is dangerous. They cause genetic mutation and God knows what. Quit the drugs unless you need them for terminal illness.
Have a look at the senate. Still "surprised ?":confused:

Once the drugs and booze take hold, there's not talking to them. She needs to figure it out on her own.

Hope she figures it out in time.

Forum List

Back