Amazon to pay $15/hr to all of their 566,000 employees.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
If I did the math right that, works out to $1.35 Billion dollars per month in payroll! I'm wondering what happens to their earnings and stock price when that raise is in full effect.

Twentieth Century Motors for real.

Once again, life imitates Rand.

So everybody from the top to the bottom are all going to be making $15 an hour?

Execs, managers, and professional staffers are not going to like that.

So everybody from the top to the bottom are all going to be making $15 an hour?

Execs, managers, and professional staffers are not going to like that.

Do not like that is correct grammar. While there are still wage differentials, replacing people with robots is the goal.

If I did the math right that, works out to $1.35 Billion dollars per month in payroll! I'm wondering what happens to their earnings and stock price when that raise is in full effect.

I'm wondering what happens to their earnings

They've never been an earnings driven company.

[what happens to their] stock price when that raise is in full effect

Probably nothing.

`
Amazon cutting bonuses and stock benefits as it raises minimum wage to $15 - "Amazon made a big splash this week with its $15 an hour minimum wage announcement, but lost in the fine print: Existing warehouse workers will no longer receive stock in the company or collect bonuses.

The online giant says next month it will end bonuses, which paid workers extra based on their attendance and warehouse productivity, as it boosts its minimum wage.

Amazon will also phase out its restricted stock unit program, which gave shares to workers if they stayed with Amazon for a certain amount of years. Amazon says it will replace it with a program next year that will allow workers to buy stock, but didn't provide details."

Probably nothing.
If they have an earnings miss, you don't think the stock will tank? No company is immune to that, not even Amazon. Maybe they can somehow pass the cost of the raise to consumers. I've been watching the stock since it is now about 8% below the high of 2050.

Probably nothing.
If they have an earnings miss, you don't think the stock will tank? No company is immune to that, not even Amazon. Maybe they can somehow pass the cost of the raise to consumers. I've been watching the stock since it is now about 8% below the high of 2050.

If they have an earnings miss, you don't think the stock will tank?

They're trading at a PE ratio of 150. Do you think it would tank?

`
Amazon cutting bonuses and stock benefits as it raises minimum wage to $15 - "Amazon made a big splash this week with its $15 an hour minimum wage announcement, but lost in the fine print: Existing warehouse workers will no longer receive stock in the company or collect bonuses.

The online giant says next month it will end bonuses, which paid workers extra based on their attendance and warehouse productivity, as it boosts its minimum wage.

Amazon will also phase out its restricted stock unit program, which gave shares to workers if they stayed with Amazon for a certain amount of years. Amazon says it will replace it with a program next year that will allow workers to buy stock, but didn't provide details."

I heard this morning that there's a good chance that benefits (insurance) will be cut to compensate. Hope that's not true

Because they got rid of all the bonuses and other perks they gave them before the so-called "raise."

Now I see, they were giving new employees two shares of stock to start and they are dumping that. Plus by laying off workers they should be able to make the numbers still work. That makes sense, so Bezos can score political points and not take a hit on his stock.

Great victory for Bernie! Compare that to Individual-1’s epic failure with Carrier.

Amazon is raising its minimum wage to $15 following pressure from Bernie Sanders
Amazon is raising its minimum wage to $15 following pressure from Bernie Sanders

Amazon has announced plans to raise the company's minimum wage in the US to $15, following sustained pressure from Democratic Sen. Bernie Sanders.

In a statement released Tuesday, Amazon said the salary increase, to more than double the federal minimum wage of $7.25, would take effect on November 1.

Amazon said the change would affect more than 250,000 full- and part-time employees plus more than 100,000 seasonal staff members who work for Amazon over the holiday season.

"We listened to our critics, thought hard about what we wanted to do, and decided we want to lead," CEO Jeff Bezos said. "We're excited about this change and encourage our competitors and other large employers to join us."

Say WTF? Didn't they just do it last year??????¿???????????

Amazon announced Tuesday it'sraising the minimum wage for all U.S. employees to $15, effective next month. The new minimum wage will benefit more than 250,000 Amazon employees — including part-time and temporary employees — as well as another 100,000 seasonal employees, the company said.Oct 2, 2018
upload_2019-6-9_22-30-37.png

CNBC › 2018/10/02 › amazon-r...
Amazon raises minimum wage to $15 for all US employees

That's what I Fucking thought reading your link..

How slow is your internet connection anyways? It was last year

Great victory for Bernie! Compare that to Individual-1’s epic failure with Carrier.

Amazon has announced plans to raise the company's minimum wage in the US to $15, following sustained pressure from Democratic Sen. Bernie Sanders.

In a statement released Tuesday, Amazon said the salary increase, to more than double the federal minimum wage of $7.25, would take effect on November 1.

Amazon said the change would affect more than 250,000 full- and part-time employees plus more than 100,000 seasonal staff members who work for Amazon over the holiday season.

"We listened to our critics, thought hard about what we wanted to do, and decided we want to lead," CEO Jeff Bezos said. "We're excited about this change and encourage our competitors and other large employers to join us."

That's so awesome that Congress has so much power that they can bully businesses without even writing laws - just by threatening them!

Say WTF? Didn't they just do it last year??????¿???????????

Amazon announced Tuesday it'sraising the minimum wage for all U.S. employees to $15, effective next month. The new minimum wage will benefit more than 250,000 Amazon employees — including part-time and temporary employees — as well as another 100,000 seasonal employees, the company said.Oct 2, 2018
View attachment 264663
CNBC › 2018/10/02 › amazon-r...
Amazon raises minimum wage to $15 for all US employees
Except, they didn’t.

How the fuck you know? Your link is from last year.

Forum List

Back