Amazon Echo....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
...is this cylinder that just sits there....until you ask it to do something...news, music....

....jokes.

The kids said "Alexa....tell me a joke"...

Alexa: "What did the zero say to the eight?"

"Nice belt."

as long as they have message boards on the computer, why would I need something like the echo for humor?

...is this cylinder that just sits there....until you ask it to do something...news, music....

....jokes.

"Nice belt."

Even that was too complicated for me.

I still prefer to get my kids what I got (back then) cowboy guns and holsters. The guns that shot caps.

And then a civil war set with hundreds of union and confederate soldiers.

And a table hockey set. That was when fun was fun, not scrutinized.

marx_cw_toy.jpg

Last edited:

....jokes.

"Nice belt."

I still prefer to get my kids what I got (back then) cowboy guns and holsters. The guns that shot caps.

marx_cw_toy.jpg

You're still thinking too high tech, too materialistic.

I found in the course of raising my kid, the toys he played with the most were these. . . .

Super enjoyable read, I highly recommend it, send it to all parents of toddlers everywhere. Or any parents. My kid is now fifteen, he still plays with numbers one, and four, and well, any boy that loves sports, five is par for the course. :laugh:
The 5 Best Toys of All Time

Oh, that reminds me, I was going to send him a vid. about cat's cradle to teach his girlfriend. He had never heard of it before.

....jokes.

"Nice belt."

marx_cw_toy.jpg

You're still thinking too high tech, too materialistic.

I found in the course of raising my kid, the toys he played with the most were these. . . .

Super enjoyable read, I highly recommend it, send it to all parents of toddlers everywhere. Or any parents. My kid is now fifteen, he still plays with numbers one, and four, and well, any boy that loves sports, five is par for the course. :laugh:

Oh, that reminds me, I was going to send him a vid. about cat's cradle to teach his girlfriend. He had never heard of it before.

You're missing the point, Mr.B....

....it's MY toy!

Alexa told me this one this morn:

"Know why elephants have so many wrinkles?

You ever try to iron one???"

One of the most useful features of the Amazon Echo is that it will provide multiple timers.

I do lots of cooking and baking...and can simply say "Alexa....20 minute timer...." and "Alexa....five minute timer..." and it will alert after each period.

Pretty helpful, ladies.

Forum List

Back