Amazing

Al Gore never claimed that he had "invented the internet", and yet that still seems to be a favorite Conservative line.

Both sides are equally guilty when it comes to fudging quotes and taking things out of context.

Al Gore: "During my service in the United State Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

Created. Invented. How far apart are those two words?
Feel free to consult a dictionary, or a high school English teacher. They have distinctly different definitions.

For example, Dwight D. Eisenhower "created" the Interstate Highway System, but didn't "invent" it.

He was taking a whole lot of credit for the internet. There is no more context for that of which I am aware. It is appropriately taken as a stand alone statement. Right after he said it, he went on to bragging about something else.

Was he bragging? Sure he was. Politicians do that.

Did he lay claim to "inventing" the internet? Certainly not.

This is entirely the same situation as Sarah Palin "seeing Russia from her house".

Al Gore never claimed that he had "invented the internet", and yet that still seems to be a favorite Conservative line.

Both sides are equally guilty when it comes to fudging quotes and taking things out of context.

Al Gore: "During my service in the United State Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

Feel free to consult a dictionary, or a high school English teacher. They have distinctly different definitions.

For example, Dwight D. Eisenhower "created" the Interstate Highway System, but didn't "invent" it.

He was taking a whole lot of credit for the internet. There is no more context for that of which I am aware. It is appropriately taken as a stand alone statement. Right after he said it, he went on to bragging about something else.

This is entirely the same situation as Sarah Palin "seeing Russia from her house".

No.

One is misconstruing a quote made by the actual candidate. An understandable misunderstanding.

One is getting one's "facts" from an SNL comedienne who caricaturized the candidate.

Not the same situation at all.

Last edited:

Al Gore's own words:

"I took the initiative...in inventing the internet...."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco]Inventing the Internet - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry, theDoctorisIn, Al Gore said what he said, all by himself, too. :)

Al Gore's own words:

"I took the initiative...in inventing the internet...."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco]Inventing the Internet - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry, theDoctorisIn, Al Gore said what he said, all by himself, too. :)

You didn't even watch your own video.

He said "..in the Senate, I took the initiative in creating the internet".

Feel free to consult a dictionary or high school English teacher for the difference between "create" and "invent".

No.

One is misconstruing a quote made by the actual candidate. An understandable misunderstanding.

One is getting one's "facts" from an SNL comedienne who caricaturized the candidate.

No, not at all.

You didn't "misconstrue" Gore's quote.

You heard on the radio, or on a message board, or something like that that Gore had "claimed he invented the internet".

It's exactly the same thing.

Feel free to consult a dictionary or high school English teacher for the difference between "create" and "invent".

As long as you're equating getting propaganda from comediennes with paraphrasing actual quotes by candidates, you should get off the "check with a high school teacher" snark train. It's an unworthy comparison.

No.

No, not at all.

You didn't "misconstrue" Gore's quote.

You heard on the radio, or on a message board, or something like that that Gore had "claimed he invented the internet".

It's exactly the same thing.

Political discussions versus SNL skits. Ummm .... no, it's not.

But thank you for repeating so many times that you believe it to be so.

That tells me what I need to know about your POV.

Later!

As long as you're equating getting propaganda from comediennes with paraphrasing actual quotes by candidates, you should get off the "check with a high school teacher" snark train. It's an unworthy comparison.

It's not "paraphrasing" when you're deliberately changing the quote to make the speaker look foolish.

And "Saturday Night Live" is "propaganda"?

It's not "paraphrasing" when you're deliberately changing the quote to make the speaker look foolish.

And "Saturday Night Live" is "propaganda"?

Did I say Saturday Night Live was propaganda? No.

I said the left took their propaganda from SNL.

Can you see the difference?

Now I am really out of here. Have a lovely week.

I know that Mitt said "be able to" in there and was referencing "firing" contractors. But Sarah did say that she can see Russia from her house and Tebow most certainly does pray for on-field success.

In Sarah's case, we know she is an idiot....so we cannot give her any benefit of the doubt.
Tebow......he gives the spirit in the sky credit fro all things......he has been indoctrinated.

Exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen. Let's all give Lone a big hand for being willing to come forward and personally demonstrate how right the OP was. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

There have been three fine examples of left wing idiocy so far in this thread.

After all this time, I am still sometimes amazed at how ignorant people can be.

Many people think that Obama is a ‘Muslim,’ or ‘isn’t a US citizen.’ That democrats are ‘Marxists,’ or Obama ‘caused the December 2007 Recession.’

People are so ignorant that they get their news and opinions from Fox, CNS, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, and Ann Coulter.

That kind of mindlessness explains why Obama will be reelected president.

No one, and I dare you to find otherwise, thinks obama caused a recession that occured in 2007 when he wasn't POTUS.

Not even a nice try.

So why does Rush Limbaugh constantly refer to it as the "Obama Recession"?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2008/11/06/obama_recession_in_full_swing

I don't know what that after all this time, I am still sometimes amazed at how ignorant people can be.

Many people think that Sarah Palin actually said: "I can see Russia from my house" or that Mitt Romney actually said: "I like firing people." or that Tim Tebow prays for God to help him win football games.

People are so ignorant that they get their news and opinions from Steven Colbert, SNL, Bill Mahr, and they actually believe that these are truths.

That kind of mindlessness explains why obama is president.

You forgot to mention Fox viewers who actually believed Obama said Americans are lazy.

I don't know what that after all this time, I am still sometimes amazed at how ignorant people can be.

Many people think that Sarah Palin actually said: "I can see Russia from my house" or that Mitt Romney actually said: "I like firing people." or that Tim Tebow prays for God to help him win football games.

People are so ignorant that they get their news and opinions from Steven Colbert, SNL, Bill Mahr, and they actually believe that these are truths.

You forgot to mention Fox viewers who actually believed Obama said Americans are lazy.

Or the number of Fox viewers that STILL think Saddam and Iraq were responsible for 9/11?

After all this time, I am still sometimes amazed at how ignorant people can be.

Many people think that Obama is a ‘Muslim,’ or ‘isn’t a US citizen.’ That democrats are ‘Marxists,’ or Obama ‘caused the December 2007 Recession.’

People are so ignorant that they get their news and opinions from Fox, CNS, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, and Ann Coulter.

That kind of mindlessness explains why Obama will be reelected president.

No one, and I dare you to find otherwise, thinks obama caused a recession that occured in 2007 when he wasn't POTUS.

Not even a nice try.

Obama Recession in Full Swing - The Rush Limbaugh Show

My guess would be that he calls it that because he believes that it has been extended by obama. I'm just guessing. Rush should know that it started when Bush was POTUS and I'm sure he does.

Why would I mention that? If you want to talk about it, start your own thread on it.====>

Or the number of Fox viewers that STILL think Saddam and Iraq were responsible for 9/11?

And what number would that be? You are just pulling that crap out of your ass.

Not even a nice try.

Obama Recession in Full Swing - The Rush Limbaugh Show

My guess would be that he calls it that because he believes that it has been extended by obama. I'm just guessing. Rush should know that it started when Bush was POTUS and I'm sure he does.

Extended when the guy had only been in office less than a year...rrriiiggghhhttt

The MSM is controlled by a small group for a reason. To move the masses toward special interests. Most people don't understand whats going on, nor the power of the loud speaker, Hitler used the same thing. And the powers which empowered Hitler are controlling our media today. One example is the AAE offshoot, the CIA.

Forum List

Back