Amazing the deputy wasn't killed...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
Little Canada, Minn. (AP) A Ramsey County sheriff's deputy survived after a pickup truck struck him Wednesday morning as he was helping a woman whose car was in a ditch alongside a busy highway.

Deputy Glen Pothen, 35, was treated for injuries and released. The Minnesota State Patrol released video of the crash, which shows Pothen being struck, to remind drivers that it is state law to slow down and move over to other lanes of traffic when they see law enforcement officers along highways.

"When I saw the tape this morning, I already knew that the deputy had survived and in fact wasn't seriously injured, and my thought was, 'I'm watching a fatality crash,"' said state patrol Capt. Jay Swanson. "My thought was, 'In a couple days I'm going to be going to another funeral.'

FULL STORY AND VIDEO OF THE HIT

The video is shot from the officer's cruiser cam.

All I can say is this guy should be seriously injured if not dead, but hardly a scratch.

fuzzykitten99 said:
FULL STORY AND VIDEO OF THE HIT

The video is shot from the officer's cruiser cam.

All I can say is this guy should be seriously injured if not dead, but hardly a scratch.

Wow. :shocked: One lucky deputy. Reminds me that when entering a construction zone, one should really slow down. When you keep going at 70-80 you are just going to catch up with a truck, in the meantime, you may off a worker!

I saw this video on the news yesterday, and thought that guy is a deadman! I can't believe he survived it!

Trinity said:
I saw this video on the news yesterday, and thought that guy is a deadman! I can't believe he survived it!

this actually happened about 10 minutes after i passed that interesection that day on 694. I saw the cruiser just pulling up to the stranded woman as I passed. kinda eerie when you see the same scene on the news under different circumstances.

kathianne-you have no idea the crap that my husband has to deal with on a daily basis. he works in road construction and is often working right next to cars passing him at 70+ mph on the freeways. though he is used to it, he says you can still be unnerved by a car or semi that isn't paying attention and gets a bit close, or even hits a roadcone or other equipment. One of his co-workers, CJ, has been hit twice. not that hard, but enough to bruise him pretty badly. the second time he was hit, the guy had been trying to light a cigarette and toss the butt of the last one out his car window, and hit the gas instead of brake at an intersection, and the car veered off to the side, hitting CJ. CJ was more pissed off than anything and pounded his fist on the guy's hood and dented it! There were no other witnesses, so the guy couldn't prove CJ didn't damage it on purpose. It was ruled as a dent from CJ being hit by the guy.

thankfully, the only injuries that my husband has sustained are ones that by his own genius, inflicted upon himself...but that's another thread... :rolleyes:

Nobody has mentioned it, but have you seen how lucky the lady was as well. If she had not noticed then stood up her head would have been in the officer's lap when he was brought to the hospital.

These two must have some serious positive Karma built up.

no1tovote4 said:
Nobody has mentioned it, but have you seen how lucky the lady was as well. If she had not noticed then stood up her head would have been in the officer's lap when he was brought to the hospital.

These two must have some serious positive Karma built up.

the officer already has positive karma just for selflessly putting his life on the line every day...

i did notice the woman getting out of the way just in time...that's one of the things that the morning radio show i listen to, talked about as well. it's just that with Sgt. Gerald Vick of the StPPD being murdered in the line of duty by 2 convicted felons a few weeks ago, even the thought of another officer's funeral is hard to comprehend for the state, let alone St. Paul, where the accident on 694 happened.

fuzzykitten99 said:
the officer already has positive karma just for selflessly putting his life on the line every day...

i did notice the woman getting out of the way just in time...that's one of the things that the morning radio show i listen to, talked about as well. it's just that with Sgt. Gerald Vick of the StPPD being murdered in the line of duty by 2 convicted felons a few weeks ago, even the thought of another officer's funeral is hard to comprehend for the state, let alone St. Paul, where the accident on 694 happened.

We have an officer that was basely assinated by an illegal immigrant here. To make it worse the illegal immigrant worked at the Denver Mayor's restaurant, The Cherry Cricket.

He had been stopped and given tickets for no ID by the Denver Cops three times and the restaurant had been informed his documents were not kosher.

The Mayor has been busy passing the buck and digging his grave instead of dealing with the issue.

Forum List

Back