amazing news, after innocent iraq vet gets hurt by riot police, vet groups vow help

This OP probably deserves a big Message Board smack-down. His or her report is inaccurate. This smack-down should come from all posters whether you're Democrat or Republican. Making these kinds of false claims is a terrible Message Board violation. An apology from this OP would be nice.

I heard reports that the police were no where near him. And yet also that the police did this. How can police who are no where near him do this? Do we have video of police doing this? Or is this just a piece of propaganda by revolutionaries who have no problem using violence to reach their goals of overthrowing the Republic.

Ok, I was operating under the assumption that there was probably reason for the force and shrugged it off.

But then I saw that extra shot into the group trying to help the wounded kid/Vet, and it made me quite fucking mad.

Also, there was a barrier that the kids were not even approaching.

I saw the video too. But i also noticed that there were lots of people and it didnt show what the people on the other side of the group was doing to provoke the police. It also looked like some of the scene was cut and spliced. Which makes me wonder why it wasn't shown straight through.

They should just occupy White House and Capitol Hill. Problem solved.

By far the best point i've heard during all this "occupation" stuff. I still don't see what they think they'll gain by "occupying" places like Oakland & Nashville. It seems like they're going to these places just to riot. The White House and Capitol Hill are where all the problems stem from. They should be there. Oakland & Nashville make no sense. Thanks for your great point.

Ding Ding Ding.

They are trying to provoke confrontation.

"Let the Lord of Chaos rule"

It's also pretty fucked up that there's a man down - seriously injured, and the Cops just stand there and look at him.

Not only that but they also fired grenades at the injured man and those trying to help. This is not how we want our police to behave. Our police have been militarized. It is their awful training. Not even one officer thought to step forward and help the poor guy. What does that say about their training? It really is very sad.

No proof of that at all. Its a lie.

I really do hate when an OP posts terribly inaccurate assertions. This man is not dead. It doesn't make the police right on this but the OP should not have posted such a wildly inaccurate assertion. Very disappointing.

It's also pretty fucked up that there's a man down - seriously injured, and the Cops just stand there and look at him.

Not only that but they also fired grenades at the injured man and those trying to help. This is not how we want our police to behave. Our police have been militarized. It is their awful training. Not even one officer thought to step forward and help the poor guy. What does that say about their training? It really is very sad.

The video shows this. No officer attempted to help the poor guy. They instead fired grenades at him and those trying to help him. Shame on them.

There's no classic signs, at all, of it being a doctored video. None. So that fact that you "think" it is only adds to your history of clouded judgement regarding most things political.

You want the Cops to be right, so that OWS is wrong, so you THINK the video must be doctored, when in reality - there's 0 evidence whatsoever to give any rational person that indication.

It's also a pretty grandiose theory - someone brought cherry bombs because they pre-predicted the cops would throw tear gas after 28 days of protesting and somehow the same guy was the videographer who brilliantly altered the video with no signs at all that he had done so. Brilliance.

No. I see someone as innocent until proven guilty.
And for you to say it is absurd to think that a blogger would not doctor a video shows how immature your thinking is as it pertains to political bloggers...ON BOTH SIDES. And for you to assert that it is foolish to think that someone would carry cherry bombs to a protest to try to "stir things up" shows even greater levels of immaturity as it pertains to your thinking.
Now, I am by no means saying you are immatrue....I see you as the exact opposite.....but you have taken the video that was released by a blogger WITH AN AGENDA and right away deemed it as legit........
How did you feel about the ACORN videos? The same way?
Afterall, signs of it being "edited" did not come out until weeks later.......were you seeing those videos as "fact" or "set up"?

Curious....

The Acorn video was a completely different kind of editing. It was changing the content by deleting parts.

This is a real video of a police office throwing a tear-gas grenade into a crowd of kids helping an injured man, and here you are calling it fake.....simply because you don't like OWS. Truth is truth. I call you theory :cuckoo:

And the Police are also scumbags for leaving the man there, critically injured, and staring at him doing NOTHING. But don't let that get in the way of standing up for their actions here.

Whoa whoa.....hold on a minute.

I have done nothing but support those OWS protesters on this site. I have many times applauded their efforts and even rationalized to those that are against them as to why they seem a bit confused.
I do not agree with much that they say......but not like them? Heck...They are Americans exercising their right to free speech....I love them for that alone.

The reason I question its validity is for a few reasons

1) It was released by a blogger with an agenda. That in itself will ALWAYS give me reason to question its validity...as I did with the ACORN clips

2) It did not show ANYTHING that led up to the police action. Nothing. Nowhere. There he was...a blogger with his camera...and all he shows is a clip where there is already tear gas and smoke bombs billowing...so we have NO IDEA why the police were acting as they were...and that was by design by the blogger

And...of course....you come back with "the acorn film is different...blah blah blah"

Yet you avoided the question...

Signs of it being edited did not come out for days...were you "it is legit" at the beginning?

I bet not.

The vet is not dead hes in critical condition

TM is right... I wanted to say that because it's so rare that I can honestly do that.

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

Blind Hog Finds Acorn....film at 11...

The video shows this. No officer attempted to help the poor guy. They instead fired grenades at him and those trying to help him. Shame on them.

No video shows that at all you are either a liar or being duped.

No video shows that at all you are either a liar or being duped.

I remember getting the impression he threw a flash bang in there. But there is NO video supporting the punk got shot in the head. 90% of what has been posted about this is lies. Again, start at the OWS website, then hit that link truth posted It prover that Truth matters dont read the shot before they post it, and it also reveals the punk is recovering. Also read the Bay area citizens live blog. Other protesters complained it was getting out of hand and that some were provoking the cops.

Forum List

Back