Amazing Helipcopter Video Of What Is Left

Wow, I had no idea it was that bad. I don't get how this hurricane wasn't like the others, in a sense of being told about it. Last year when all those hurricanes came through we knew and they were warned about it. It seems as if we just blew it off until a day before it hit for this hurricane.

I want to know what the deal with that was. It cost us many lives, and probably more that we don't know about.

I was in southern Florida when Andrew hit. Volunteered with the Red Cross to hand out water, ice, milk, etc. Went into an area called Cutler Ridge. Stood in the middle of a 1000 house subdivision. Completely destroyed - nothing bigger than a 2 X 4 piece of wood on the ground.

You just stand there and cry.

USMCDevilDog said:
Wow, I had no idea it was that bad. I don't get how this hurricane wasn't like the others, in a sense of being told about it. Last year when all those hurricanes came through we knew and they were warned about it. It seems as if we just blew it off until a day before it hit for this hurricane.

I want to know what the deal with that was. It cost us many lives, and probably more that we don't know about.

New Orleans seems to have more than its share of the poor. One of the problems of being poor is lack of expendible income for getting out, especially when all the buses, trains are full. Under the circumstances, I think the city did all they could to open shelters, that by and large seemed to have held up-not comfortable, but safe for the night.

Now the problem became topography-below sea level, with the Mississippi on one side and the huge lake above. Breached after the passing of Katrina. It won't be those with mortgages and insurance that will be living in refuge camps for a year or more.

While I'm more than of the mindset that one must work, many of those most effected were working, but pay check to pay check on rent and food. I guess if you are young, with a strong back-there is going to be lots of work for the forseeable future.

Forum List

Back