Amash

I don't get why republicans are getting all bent about someone who has an inconsequential opinion....It isn't as though impeachment has a snowball's chance.

Why the diversion?...What's the other hand doing?

The question should really be ...why now? Why has Amash come out with this senseless crap when all along the Democrats have been saying this for the past 2 years?
I seriously think Amash needed some publicity. And he is cozying with the Democrats.
Not a chance. He had to know his actions would lead to a primary challenge, which it appears to have done.
Amash knew back in April he’d be primary challenged when Tom Norton announced his candidacy. Then after Justin stepped on his dick Jim Lower has also announced he’s in the running.

Lots of us in the district have been fed up with Amash’s antics and looking to support his replacement, but had no idea he’d be so helpful in our quest.
I think you are being duped by the R party.

I do not want another useless establishment R like Ford, Henry, or Ehlers taking the seat. Amash is independent. We need more like him. Not another warmongering big government asshole.
No terrorist lovers either

Amash needs to go! And Representative (R-Michigan) Jim Lower is planning to run for 3rd Congressional District against Amash in November 2020.

jimlower.JPG

To show how poor press coverage of our Congress critters is from both sides ,since he opened his mouth he generated interest in who is this guy from people beyond his constituency and what's coming out is not flattering in the least. Besides his Chinese ties we now find he is the only Repub with a positive rating from the terrorist org CAIR.
CHANGE: DeVos family ends longtime Amash support.

Lansing — The powerful DeVos family of West Michigan is ending its longtime support of U.S. Rep. Justin Amash, the libertarian Republican who has repeatedly clashed with President Donald Trump.

The family has not made any political contributions to Amash this cycle, and “they have no plans to do so,” said family spokesman Nick Wasmiller.

The megadonors cut ties with Amash before his latest absurd accusations against the president and his deranged assertion that Trump engaged in “impeachable conduct.”

“Family members have expressed increasing concerns about a lack of representation for their district, the 3rd Congressional, and an inability to focus on important policy matters."

Amash had no response to the news.

The DeVos family's relationship with Amash stretches back to before his time in Congress.

The family helped Amash survive his last major GOP primary challenge in 2014 against Grand Rapids businessman Brian Ellis. The family donated a combined $65,000 to Amash’s campaign that cycle.

All told, DeVos family members have made nearly $300,000 in direct contributions to Amash’s congressional campaigns since 2010. Most recently, they gave Amash a combined $24,300 for his successful 2018 re-election campaign, including contributions from Maria, Daniel, Doug, Richard, Cheri Melissa and Rick DeVos.

DeVos family ends longtime Amash support
Fuck them.

To show how poor press coverage of our Congress critters is from both sides ,since he opened his mouth he generated interest in who is this guy from people beyond his constituency and what's coming out is not flattering in the least. Besides his Chinese ties we now find he is the only Repub with a positive rating from the terrorist org CAIR.
That pretty much says it all.

IMG_1696.jpg

I don't get why republicans are getting all bent about someone who has an inconsequential opinion....It isn't as though impeachment has a snowball's chance.

The question should really be ...why now? Why has Amash come out with this senseless crap when all along the Democrats have been saying this for the past 2 years?
I seriously think Amash needed some publicity. And he is cozying with the Democrats.
Not a chance. He had to know his actions would lead to a primary challenge, which it appears to have done.
Amash knew back in April he’d be primary challenged when Tom Norton announced his candidacy. Then after Justin stepped on his dick Jim Lower has also announced he’s in the running.

Lots of us in the district have been fed up with Amash’s antics and looking to support his replacement, but had no idea he’d be so helpful in our quest.
Amash is the real deal. Too bad there are so few like him in Congress.

Those who think Justin Amash is just seeking attention couldn’t be more wrong

After Amash called for Trump’s impeachment, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said the independent-minded congressman was just “looking for attention.” Many Republicans echoed the same sentiment. They still do.

But if it’s attention he seeks, Amash has a funny way of looking for it. In fact, outside of some explanatory tweeting, he’s been running from it ever since this story began.

Since his original tweets, Amash still hasn’t made any media appearances. Nearly every major cable and network outlet requested interviews with him. Nearly every major newspaper did the same. Nearly every major news site reached out, even for just a comment.

He obliged none of them. The closest you will get is reporters asking him questions while walking on Capitol Hill, going about his daily business.

“I’m a big believer in liberty and the Constitution,” Amash said at his town hall Tuesday. “Nobody cares about liberty in Congress more than I do.”

“One thing you see around the world is liberty cannot survive in a system where people hate each other and where there is no virtue,” he continued. “You can’t have a system like that.”

Amash spoke a lot about the current public vitriol in our politics during his town hall. Maybe he also didn’t want to contribute to the non-stop partisan noise? That would also be very much like him.

Last edited:

Amash is the real deal. Too bad there are so few like him in Congress.

After Amash called for Trump’s impeachment, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said the independent-minded congressman was just “looking for attention.” Many Republicans echoed the same sentiment. They still do.

But if it’s attention he seeks, Amash has a funny way of looking for it. In fact, outside of some explanatory tweeting, he’s been running from it ever since this story began.

Since his original tweets, Amash still hasn’t made any media appearances. Nearly every major cable and network outlet requested interviews with him. Nearly every major newspaper did the same. Nearly every major news site reached out, even for just a comment.

He obliged none of them. The closest you will get is reporters asking him questions while walking on Capitol Hill, going about his daily business.

“I’m a big believer in liberty and the Constitution,” Amash said at his town hall Tuesday. “Nobody cares about liberty in Congress more than I do.”

“One thing you see around the world is liberty cannot survive in a system where people hate each other and where there is no virtue,” he continued. “You can’t have a system like that.”

Amash spoke a lot about the current public vitriol in our politics during his town hall. Maybe he also didn’t want to contribute to the non-stop partisan noise? That would also be very much like him.

Enjoy him while you’ve got him.

Forum List

Back