Amash

I don't get why republicans are getting all bent about someone who has an inconsequential opinion....It isn't as though impeachment has a snowball's chance.

Why the diversion?...What's the other hand doing?

The question should really be ...why now? Why has Amash come out with this senseless crap when all along the Democrats have been saying this for the past 2 years?
I seriously think Amash needed some publicity. And he is cozying with the Democrats.
Not a chance. He had to know his actions would lead to a primary challenge, which it appears to have done.
Amash knew back in April he’d be primary challenged when Tom Norton announced his candidacy. Then after Justin stepped on his dick Jim Lower has also announced he’s in the running.

Lots of us in the district have been fed up with Amash’s antics and looking to support his replacement, but had no idea he’d be so helpful in our quest.
I think you are being duped by the R party.

I do not want another useless establishment R like Ford, Henry, or Ehlers taking the seat. Amash is independent. We need more like him. Not another warmongering big government asshole.

I don't get why republicans are getting all bent about someone who has an inconsequential opinion....It isn't as though impeachment has a snowball's chance.

Why the diversion?...What's the other hand doing?

The question should really be ...why now? Why has Amash come out with this senseless crap when all along the Democrats have been saying this for the past 2 years?
I seriously think Amash needed some publicity. And he is cozying with the Democrats.
Not a chance. He had to know his actions would lead to a primary challenge, which it appears to have done.
Amash knew back in April he’d be primary challenged when Tom Norton announced his candidacy. Then after Justin stepped on his dick Jim Lower has also announced he’s in the running.

Lots of us in the district have been fed up with Amash’s antics and looking to support his replacement, but had no idea he’d be so helpful in our quest.
I think you are being duped by the R party.

I do not want another useless establishment R like Ford, Henry, or Ehlers taking the seat. Amash is independent. We need more like him. Not another warmongering big government asshole.
Your opinion of your soon-to-be-former representative duly noted. We’re moving on though and he’ll be free to pursue whatever political idiocy he wants, sans the DeVos cash of course.

a president does not have to commit a crime to be impeached. let me say that again to y'all: a president does not have to commit a crime to be impeached.

Don’t believe it. I have known Amash for nearly 15 years. He is the real deal. He is not corrupt.

You don't have to be corrupt to be willfully wrong.
True enough, but the accusations are Amash is pushing impeachment because of his family’s investments in China. That’s corrupt in my book.

How would impeaching Trump affect Amash's family’s investments in China? What is the angle? Do you know?

a president does not have to commit a crime to be impeached. let me say that again to y'all: a president does not have to commit a crime to be impeached.

It's a good thing you repeated yourself because most of the folks here are too stupid to already know what you told them (twice) is actually correct.

impeaching a dirty president can have bad consequences, but its even worse if they dont impeach him

IMPEACH 45!IMPEACH 45!IMPEACH 45!IMPEACH 45!IMPEACH 45!

With every slash the president makes of congressional oversight, he probably convinces a few people that impeachment will make sense

It's always amused me how conservatives piss and moan and cry about the RINOs not falling in line with their limited government agenda, but then when one comes along like Amash (and Ron Paul is another great example) and actually fights for these things you guys claim to want you demonize them and throw them out with the trash. Just further proof that the right has no interest in limited government or personal freedom. It's one big lie you tell at election time.

To show how poor press coverage of our Congress critters is from both sides ,since he opened his mouth he generated interest in who is this guy from people beyond his constituency and what's coming out is not flattering in the least. Besides his Chinese ties we now find he is the only Repub with a positive rating from the terrorist org CAIR.
Without a link, there's no reason to believe any of this, particularly given the propensity for lying common to most conservatives.

Otherwise, the right's attempt to vilify Amash is as typical as it is reprehensible, and in no manner undermines the fact that a president can be impeached absent alleged criminal wrongheaded, and that impeaching Trump is perfectly appropriate and warranted.

Some of these members would be mortified if they got a dressing-down in front of their colleagues by Pelosi...These people want to go to war with Trump, but not with Nancy.

Don’t believe it. I have known Amash for nearly 15 years. He is the real deal. He is not corrupt.

True enough, but the accusations are Amash is pushing impeachment because of his family’s investments in China. That’s corrupt in my book.

How would impeaching Trump affect Amash's family’s investments in China? What is the angle? Do you know?
There is no angle. Amash is a rare breed. An honest independent politician.

well, you were the one that brought up the issue so, again:

How would impeaching Trump affect Amash's family’s investments in China?

You are mistaken. I did not bring it up.

Then how do you explain the above quote with your member name?

Go ahead, deny, run away; that is to be expected with your type.

You make a claim, then you take your ball & run off the play ground, just like a tantrum throwing Trump.

You make a claim, then you take your ball & run off the play ground, just like a tantrum throwing Trump.
I was responding to the post made by another member of this forum. Do you know how this forum works?

Last edited:

I was responding to the post made by another member of this forum. Do know how this forum works?

Yes; it is a 'discussion' forum, and people discuss things.

You obviously have no fucking clue how it works.

I was responding to the post made by another member of this forum. Do know how this forum works?

I don’t do well with stupid.

*****BANNED******

I don’t do well with stupid.

*****BANNED******

I understand it can quite a daunting task to reply to a request when a member ask another member to clarify a claim.

I understand you are not up to the challenge.

Hopefully you will feel better tomorrow.

To show how poor press coverage of our Congress critters is from both sides ,since he opened his mouth he generated interest in who is this guy from people beyond his constituency and what's coming out is not flattering in the least. Besides his Chinese ties we now find he is the only Repub with a positive rating from the terrorist org CAIR.
CHANGE: DeVos family ends longtime Amash support.

Lansing — The powerful DeVos family of West Michigan is ending its longtime support of U.S. Rep. Justin Amash, the libertarian Republican who has repeatedly clashed with President Donald Trump.

The family has not made any political contributions to Amash this cycle, and “they have no plans to do so,” said family spokesman Nick Wasmiller.

The megadonors cut ties with Amash before his latest absurd accusations against the president and his deranged assertion that Trump engaged in “impeachable conduct.”

“Family members have expressed increasing concerns about a lack of representation for their district, the 3rd Congressional, and an inability to focus on important policy matters."

Amash had no response to the news.

The DeVos family's relationship with Amash stretches back to before his time in Congress.

The family helped Amash survive his last major GOP primary challenge in 2014 against Grand Rapids businessman Brian Ellis. The family donated a combined $65,000 to Amash’s campaign that cycle.

All told, DeVos family members have made nearly $300,000 in direct contributions to Amash’s congressional campaigns since 2010. Most recently, they gave Amash a combined $24,300 for his successful 2018 re-election campaign, including contributions from Maria, Daniel, Doug, Richard, Cheri Melissa and Rick DeVos.

DeVos family ends longtime Amash support

New Topics

Forum List

Back