Amanda Knox

From the evidence I have seen, I would voted her guilty. I still think she is guilty because she changed her story several times and acted like a douche after the killing. None of her stories hang together.

It just goes to show if you have a good enough publicist you can get away with it.

You were not privy to all the evidence. No one is except the Jury and the Judge. What you saw and heard was selected for you by the press.

For example, I watched most of the OJ trial on TV and what happened in that Courtroom was not even remotely represented by the paper and news outlets. The defense shredded the prosecution yet the nightly news acted like none of that happened.

She and Casey Anthony are going to team up and open a bed and breakfast.

She was declared not guilty by a Court of law and a Jury, that Jury, unlike you had access to testimony and evidence that convinced them she was innocent. Yet here you are accusing her of a murder a Court of law said she did not do. How very Liberal of you.

This is technically not true.

She was found guilty in a Court of Law for slander and sentenced for 3 years (already severed), plus to pay defence court costs (normally the state would pay that if she was innocent).

She was not technically found "not guilty" as the American media are stating, but the judge clearly said that the evidence was unreliable and without the evidence the case against her was null and void. So the court did not make a "guilty or not guilty" ruling, but more like dismissed the case for lack of credible evidence.

From the evidence I have seen, I would voted her guilty. I still think she is guilty because she changed her story several times and acted like a douche after the killing. None of her stories hang together.

It just goes to show if you have a good enough publicist you can get away with it.

You were not privy to all the evidence. No one is except the Jury and the Judge. What you saw and heard was selected for you by the press.

Actually yes we are. Italian courts are far far far more open than US courts and you can get access to transcripts and so on quite easily. The real question is the interpretation of the evidence.

What you have been spoon fed is biased US based news media who were clearly cheering for the pretty white girl from Seattle.

She is as guilty as sin! Your naive TV and press have been taken in by this woman and her ignorant and innocent family! Being found not proven due to poor systems is not a call of innocence. She will make a lot of money from TV etc, who will not even be embarrassed when the truth is admitted.
The press keep forgetting her dead flat mate and her family! I suggest those unsure should read more of the evidence.
A travesty similar to OJ and the victims are forgotten in the ridiculous hype.

She is as guilty as sin! Your naive TV and press have been taken in by this woman and her ignorant and innocent family! Being found not proven due to poor systems is not a call of innocence. She will make a lot of money from TV etc, who will not even be embarrassed when the truth is admitted.
The press keep forgetting her dead flat mate and her family! I suggest those unsure should read more of the evidence.
A travesty similar to OJ and the victims are forgotten in the ridiculous hype.
Welcome to USMB, dtdtdt. You know, the Italians aren't dummies. They don't have to support her expenses any more, plus take a licking in the American press. She will probably come home to the US, where she becomes our headache. I don't think she committed the crime, and the Italian justice system thinks if you know something, you did it, <clank go the prison doors> She was grilled 56 consecutive hours in what amounts to information extracted from someone's sleep deprivation, and her answer to a hypothetical question under that kind of shit became their entire case against her. There was some taking advantage of her youth and ignorance in the 56 hours in which other hypothetical questions could have led them to "have" her "changing" her "story." To cover this egregious police crime, they're making her pay a money bribe for "slandering the police." She slandered torturers? Oh, my.

This entire monstrous story is over. If her parents are smart, they will get her home and into therapy immediately for the criminal way a hostile foreign system tried to go after an American over there. In fact, if I were her parent, she'd be on American soil right now, or at least in the air on an American airliner landing in NYC within a few hours.

All Americans should get home right now. We're being used as pawns in turf wars between EU and the hate-America radical Muslims who have a strangling foothold there.

Last edited:

Actually yes we are. Italian courts are far far far more open than US courts and you can get access to transcripts and so on quite easily. The real question is the interpretation of the evidence.

What you have been spoon fed is biased US based news media who were clearly cheering for the pretty white girl from Seattle.
Oh, yeah? Well, listen here you, bud. We have social scientists that have studied abusive police tactics, including sleep deprivation that gets them just what they want, which is an easy way out of hitting the pavement and finding the real facts by conventional means. They got a cheapo hypothetical, probably several, so the police made the egregious claim she "changed her story." Police abuse. Slick way to get away with it against people who don't know better. They cratered because the girl is innocent of the crime somebody else committed. Now they're saying she slandered the police who used sleep deprivation to control a conversation to "prove" an American did something bad. They used her like a dirty rag to wash themselves of doing real work and beating up America for Audie Murphy's kicking Mussolini's ass in WWII, then starring in a movie about it.

Sleep Deprivation 101:

A person who loses one night&#8217;s sleep will generally be irritable and clumsy during the next day and will either become tired easily or speed up because of adrenalin. After missing two night&#8217;s sleep, a person will have problems concentrating and will begin to make mistakes on normal tasks. Three missed nights and a person will start to hallucinate and lose grasp of reality. Someone who gets just a few hours of sleep each night occurs a large &#8220;sleep debt&#8221; and can begin to experience many of the same problems over time. A 1997 study found that people whose sleep was restricted to four to five hours per night for one week needed two full nights of sleep to recover performance, alertness and normal mood.
A recent U.S. Army study concluded sleep deprivation reduces emotional inteligence and constructive thinking skills.
Other short-term consequences include:

• Decreased daytime alertness. Loss of just one and half hours sleep can result in a 32% reduction in daytime alertness.
  • Impaired memory and cognitive ability, the ability to think and process information.
  • More than double the risk of sustaining an occupational injury.
  • Impaired immune system.
Long-term consequences can include the following:

• High blood pressure
  • Heart attack
  • Heart failure
  • Stroke
  • Psychiatric problems such as depression and other mood disorders
  • Mental impairment
  • Increased mortality risk
  • Relationship problems with a bed partner
  • Obesity - (The link between obesity and sleep is an interesting one as lack of sleep can cause weight gain by increasing hunger and affecting metabolism, and extra weight can cause sleep disorders such as apnea which cause sleep deprivation.)
source

So, I heard on the O'Reilly factor that the evidence was not there. That she was subjected to 56 hours of interrogation, did not have the right to have an attorney present.. Do you not think of this as "torture"? After 56 hours of straight interrogation would you believe anything she said? anything? or do you think she might be a bit messed up after 56 hours of sleep deprivation and harassment?

I don't know if she is guilty or not, she didn't get a fair shake in Italy so I'm damn glad she's coming home.

She and Casey Anthony are going to team up and open a bed and breakfast.

She was declared not guilty by a Court of law and a Jury, that Jury, unlike you had access to testimony and evidence that convinced them she was innocent. Yet here you are accusing her of a murder a Court of law said she did not do. How very Liberal of you.

So was Casey Anthony you moron.

I was rather taken aback by her release. I also can't help but suspect that some sort of backroom deal has been struck, which is understandably compounded by the fact that she used the defence lawyer that Berlusconi has relied on to get him off the hook in the past.

If her family did have means and she wasn't white, my opinion is we wouldn't know anyting about this case.

I disagree entirely. This case has attracted worldwide media attention because it has the undeniable makings of a bestselling novel. Regardless of the accused's race, it's set in the stunning Italian countryside, involves sex and betrayal with a supposedly calculating and manipulative femme fatale at the centre of it all who's pleaded not guilty to Meredith Kercher's murder. Such factors are bound to attract the gaze of the press and public alike.

Though having said all that, it's worth remembering the Knox's parents have employed a PR firm throughout the daughter's imprisonment to maintain awareness in both the American and European press.

Let this be a lesson to white girls hanging out with black boys

Would somebody with real rep power neg this guy? This is such a stupid statement. He's got the right to his opinion, but white girls going out with black guys getting tried for murder? really???

Black males overwelmingly commit and get convicted of crimes more then any other group of people, if you hang out with black males the odds of you being either a victim or convicted of a crime increase alot, as Amanda has found out.

Black males overwelmingly commit and get convicted of crimes more then any other group of people, if you hang out with black males the odds of you being either a victim or convicted of a crime increase alot, as Amanda has found out.

Not all blacks are bad, not all whites are good. The trick is learning to tell the difference. Guess you haven't.

I was rather taken aback by her release. I also can't help but suspect that some sort of backroom deal has been struck, which is understandably compounded by the fact that she used the defence lawyer that Berlusconi has relied on to get him off the hook in the past.

You can "neg" me all you like, JewHook. But that post wasn't intended to maul your feeling in the way it undeniably has.

Forum List

Back