Amanda Knox Convicted..

MajikMyst

Honorary Non-member
Oct 15, 2009
Seattle, Wa.
Italian court convicts Amanda Knox - Europe- msnbc.com

I am sure that all of you have heard, if not then this thread will inform you.. Amanda Knox was convicted.. I personally don't know much about the case, other than to say that I don't feel there was enough credible evidence to warrant a conviction..

Should our country interfere and petition for her release?

Was this a product of antiamericanism?

Did the Italian media destroy her chances of a fair trial and should be released on those grounds?

I am curous about everyone's thoughts on this issue??

I agree, not enough evidence.

My understanding is that not a trace of Knox was found at the murder scene by forensic investigators...nothing.

I am sure that all of you have heard, if not then this thread will inform you.. Amanda Knox was convicted.. I personally don't know much about the case, other than to say that I don't feel there was enough credible evidence to warrant a conviction..

Did the Italian media destroy her chances of a fair trial and should be released on those grounds?

Italy will get something from america and she'll get released, but it won't be told that way.

My understanding is that not a trace of Knox was found at the murder scene by forensic investigators...nothing.

Italian investigators never find anything.

Trials in Italy are not about evidence, they are about style.

Still, she will have better food in an Italian prison than in most American resturants.

Italy will get something from america and she'll get released, but it won't be told that way.

They sentenced her in a way that it could be appealed, which it will, and she'll be released.

The Europeans do this all the time. They like to stick it to our citizens to make a point...what it is, I don't know, I guess just that they can...then they turn around and send them home.

If anyone is interested, there is a very good book out that will provide some insight into the Italian justice system, as well as a very interesting story about a serial killer. The book is The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi.

From Amazon:

When author Douglas Preston moved his family to Florence he never expected he would soon become obsessed and entwined in a horrific crime story whose true-life details rivaled the plots of his own bestselling thrillers. While researching his next book, Preston met Mario Spezi, an Italian journalist who told him about the Monster of Florence, Italy's answer to Jack the Ripper, a terror who stalked lovers' lanes in the Italian countryside. The killer would strike at the most intimate time, leaving mutilated corpses in his bloody wake over a period from 1968 to 1985. One of these crimes had taken place in an olive grove on the property of Preston's new home. That was enough for him to join "Monsterologist" Spezi on a quest to name the killer, or killers, and bring closure to these unsolved crimes. Local theories and accusations flourished: the killer was a cuckolded husband; a local aristocrat; a physician or butcher, someone well-versed with knives; a satanic cult. Thomas Harris even dipped into "Monster" lore for some of Hannibal Lecter's more Grand Guignol moments in Hannibal. Add to this a paranoid police force more concerned with saving face and naming a suspect (any suspect) than with assessing the often conflicting evidence on hand, and an unbelievable twist that finds both authors charged with obstructing justice, with Spezi jailed on suspicion of being the Monster himself. The Monster of Florence is split into two sections: the first half is Spezi's story, with the latter bringing in Preston's updated involvement on the case. Together these two parts create a dark and fascinating descent into a landscape of horror that deserves to be shelved between In Cold Blood and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. --Brad Thomas Parsons

And from Publisher's Weekly:

United in their obsession with a grisly Italian serial murder case almost three decades old, thriller writer Preston (coauthor, Brimstone) and Italian crime reporter Spezi seek to uncover the identity of the killer in this chilling true crime saga. From 1974 to 1985, seven pairs of lovers parked in their cars in secluded areas outside of Florence were gruesomely murdered. When Preston and his family moved into a farmhouse near the murder sites, he and Spezi began to snoop around, although witnesses had died and evidence was missing. With all of the chief suspects acquitted or released from prison on appeal, Preston and Spezi's sleuthing continued until ruthless prosecutors turned on the nosy pair, jailing Spezi and grilling Preston for obstructing justice. Only when Dateline NBC became involved in the maze of mutilated bodies and police miscues was the authors' hard work rewarded. This suspenseful procedural reveals much about the dogged writing team as well as the motives of the killers. Better than some overheated noir mysteries, this bit of real-life Florence bloodletting makes you sweat and think, and presses relentlessly on the nerves.

Some of the players in the Knox trial are players in Preston/Spezi book. After reading it, I promise you that, if you don't already, you will question the verdict delivered today.

I guestioned it, I didn't follow it too much but I think her boyfriend if I remember right is the one who did it.

It looks like there was no physical evidence actually connecting her to the crime, and gobs of evidence connecting...I don't know if it was the boyfriend or who...to the crime.

This is why I tell my daughter...no boyfriends in high school. No marriage until after college.

And no overseas boyfriend visits in the interim.

It looks like there was no physical evidence actually connecting her to the crime, and gobs of evidence connecting...I don't know if it was the boyfriend or who...to the crime.

This is why I tell my daughter...no boyfriends in high school. No marriage until after college.

Just keep her away from men altogether. Get her a horse and lots of good books to read. Let her start dating when she's 29 or 30. By then, most of us dirty old men will have died off!:lol:

The Europeans do this all the time. They like to stick it to our citizens to make a point...what it is, I don't know, I guess just that they can...then they turn around and send them home.

I lived in Italy for four years, if it had been an Italian victim I would say so, but as it was just a limey allegedly killed by a yank the Italians could care less.

Being Italians there was no malice, and evidence probably mattered little, they went with their gut feeling.

I could have got her off, forget evidence, all she had to do is cry out to her mother to save her periodically.

Italians believe anyone who loves their mothers can not be killers.

Just keep her away from men altogether. Get her a horse and lots of good books to read. Let her start dating when she's 29 or 30. By then, most of us dirty old men will have died off!:lol:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. She's 7, and she used to say "I'm going to marry ****". And I'm like, after you're out of college, maybe, but he's not your boyfriend and won't be as long as you're in school, and make and issue out of it and I'll talk to his dad and your teacher.

I'm not quite that mean about it, I do it in a sort of roundabout way, but she's finally stopped saying she's going to marry her classmates.

I got my first engagement ring when I was 6. My mom thought it was cute. I had a pretend marriage in first grade, and the teacher was there and encouraging.

I don't do that.

We have horses, they take music lessons, and we concentrate on school.

That was in the infancy of dna. Plus, you couldn't really argue he was never there except for the murder because they were always at each others' houses. So techincally, his DNA could be all over the place.

I've sprayed blood all over the place, completely innocently, here and there. I've had bloody noses, stubbed my toes, sliced fingers.

Not that OJ is innocent, not EVEN going there, I know he did that shit.

But I also thought that JonBonet's folks killed her, and now I know I was wrong and feel very bad.

I don't feel bad about OJ.

OJ was as guilty as Satan on a Sunday morning sidewalk tempting Johnny Cash.

See, I would have to see the court transcript. Which, having lived in Italy, I am sure has as many breaks for a three hour lunch as Evil Knievel has broken bones, (not that there is anything wrong with that, plenty of time to drink at lunch) but I digress.

Did the Italians charge her with actually stabbing the victim, or just sitting back, planning it, or egging it on?

All of which is murder.

One can kill with words and deeds, no DNA need apply.

Last edited:
Italians don't do lunch?

I thought they were the country of siestas?

Oh, wait, that's Mexico.

I was married to an Italian. I can't imagine being in a country full of them.

Italian men are allright, until they get to the New World, then they go all 'I miss Moma, I hate Moma" feral crazy Tony Soprano shit.

Like alcoholic livers, they do not transplant well.

I tend to agree.. I think she will end up being released.. How that will all play out is the real question..

As for the DNA evidence? I heard that there wasn't much of the victim on the knife, but a lot of Amanda on the handle of the knife.. Which seems odd and normal.. Anyone who cooks is going to use a kitchen knife and leave DNA on the handle.. Why there wasn't much of the victim is what I find odd.. But I could be mistaken..

Forum List

Back