Am making prime rib tonite - need some suggestions

M

MyName

Side dishes that will compliment this well (but not the tired, same old potatoes please)
Also, I dont care for straight horseradish with this - how about a good horseradish sauce recipe?

:)

MyName said:
Side dishes that will compliment this well (but not the tired, same old potatoes please)
Also, I dont care for straight horseradish with this - how about a good horseradish sauce recipe?

Asparagus!

MyName said:

rice and sweet potatoes

it was on my old name here (LanyceSuddeth) and I cant access it anymore.

I remember it had the red pepper flakes in it....and mayo and dry mustard...I think?

asparagus sounds good.
as does brown rice maybe. I just cant do the white rice thing anymore. That is the result of too many food science courses I guess lol.

would the hollandaise sauce for the asparagus compete with the horseradish sauce though?

I dont mean to be anal lol
we have company tonite and I want things to be 'perfect'.

I even made homeade cream puffs - and those are a BITCH to make!

MyName said:
asparagus sounds good.
as does brown rice maybe. I just cant do the white rice thing anymore. That is the result of too many food science courses I guess lol.

would the hollandaise sauce for the asparagus compete with the horseradish sauce though?

I dont mean to be anal lol
we have company tonite and I want things to be 'perfect'.

I even made homeade cream puffs - and those are a BITCH to make!
Don't use sauce on the Asparagus. First, blanch the Asparagus by getting a pot of water boiling and dropping the asparagus in it for a minute. Then put the asparagus in ice water. Then, take the asparagus and saute it in a pan with butter and garlic!

Mr. P said:
How did it go DL?

Welllll -this is the 'L' part of DL (lol).

We actually didnt have it. We decided to wait till I wasnt still collecting recipes when I ought to be cooking LOL. Will have it tomorrow nite.

Last nite I ended up making a 'good ole southern dinner'. Fried chicken, crowder peas and okra, biscuits and gravy, fried potatoes with onions and peppers and sweet potato pie. It was pretty decent.

freeandfun1 said:
Don't use sauce on the Asparagus. First, blanch the Asparagus by getting a pot of water boiling and dropping the asparagus in it for a minute. Then put the asparagus in ice water. Then, take the asparagus and saute it in a pan with butter and garlic!

Thanks for the tip, Free! Ive never tried it like that but it sure does sound good! Will try it this week some time!

MyName said:
Welllll -this is the 'L' part of DL (lol).

We actually didnt have it. We decided to wait till I wasnt still collecting recipes when I ought to be cooking LOL. Will have it tomorrow nite.

Last nite I ended up making a 'good ole southern dinner'. Fried chicken, crowder peas and okra, biscuits and gravy, fried potatoes with onions and peppers and sweet potato pie. It was pretty decent.
Did you age the rib roast?

Forum List

Back