Am I welcomed here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
god allowed the devil to argue with him about why not to prostrate to adam.

There is something I would like to ask you, Mohamed, to further my wisdom and knowlege of Islam, because I know there is power in many religions. I want to ask you what your religion or culture has taught you about Iblis before he decided not to prostrate before Adam.

The Quran says Iblis was a Jinn. Did Iblis remain a Jinn when he was among God/ Allah's Angels, or had he evolved into something... more? How did a Jinn join the ranks of Allah's Angels?

What do the Muslims in your country say of Iblis' life before his "fall"?

Last edited:
It's a pretty safe bet that anyone who starts a thread in a passive aggressive "am I welcomed here" tone is likely looking for adversarial relationships.

Just sayin'.

I sure wouldn't take that bet. My money's on observing a continuous stream of bigotry toward one's religion, race, nationality, etc ---from a place that professes to be above all that no less--- and proceeding with understandable trepidation. It's somewhat courageous on Mohamed's part.

If he were looking to start something he would have gone with something like:

[MENTION=50206]Mohamed[/MENTION], do you think Israel has the right to exist?

or

1. I can't stand any muslims, you have to be a total idiot to believe in mohammed, and or islam, so in reality why would I want to know the views of a complete idiot?

or

BTW, nobody here seems to care what ISIS is doing to Christians in Mosul Iraq.

ALL of which are completely inappropriate in an introduction thread. So it's pretty clear to the reader who the instigators are.

So Mohamed, on behalf of all the above posters and their ilk, I apologize. Because they're not smart enough to. Yeah, nicely done, land of free speech.

Last edited:
hello

i am mohamed from egypt, i thought it will be good to argue with others of other cultures. i am a believer muslim and speak from this perspective.

i don't know if i will be welcomed in this forum or not. if you don't love muslim people or forbid presenting islamic viewpoint, i can simply leave, and you will need to search for the other view-point yourselves!

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,

Hell, you might even be tolerated somewhat.
As long has you can differentiate between your, and you're; there, their, and they're, and correctly use an apostrophe in other circumstances.

If Mohamed gets to the point of having apostrophes corrected in the face of all this other shit, then he's doing pretty damned well.

It's a curious thing here --- a new member joins from Michigan, the thread is all about Michigan; a new member joins with an interest in gardening, the thread is all about gardening; a member joins from Egypt and right away we go to Islam and terrorism. Can you spell "obsessed"?

We can be pretty fucked up.

Last edited:
Correct, anyone coming to this thread to attack someone's religion needs to stop or leave.

Welcome, Mohamed! Everyone is welcome here, all view points, even unpopular or controversial ones.

We want to hear what you think!

hello

i am mohamed from egypt, i thought it will be good to argue with others of other cultures. i am a believer muslim and speak from this perspective.

i don't know if i will be welcomed in this forum or not. if you don't love muslim people or forbid presenting islamic viewpoint, i can simply leave, and you will need to search for the other view-point yourselves!

Thank you

I would rather debate and be friends at the end of the day :)
Welcome to the board.

hello

Thank you

I have no issues with Muslims. Welcome to USMB!

assalamu alaikum

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Perhaps if you just keep translating to the English language would be best, Okay?

hello

Thank you

Welcome Mohamed, You are very needed in this forum..
I can't tell you that you won't get some grief from a minority of posters but not from this one..

Mohamed, most people here would like you to start a thread about your life in Egypt.

And also, what do you think about the political situation in your country? .. :cool:

Ramadan Kareem

assalamu alaikum

Perhaps if you just keep translating to the English language would be best, Okay?

A little Arabic to get ya going:

Greeting: Asalam alaikom. (Peaceful greetings to you)

In response: Walaikum asalam ("Back at ya.") :)

Like Jews, Muslims are a global faith from countries with vastly different languages. But through Arabic/Farsi they can all communicate just like Jews via Hebrew. Arabic's actually a very beautiful language aurally. Still can't make heads or tails out of it when in 'cursive' form, but using roman letters it's a lot easier. :)

Mohamed, most people here would like you to start a thread about your life in Egypt.

Here's one very nice way this can be done. I love that thread -- an open window to another part of the world, not preachy, not political, not ideological, just plain life. Because before we can discuss any topic it's essential to know who we are.

-- As opposed to plugging in preconceptions.

“Assumptions are our windows on the world. If we don't scrub those windows off every once in a while, the light won't come in.” -- Isaac Asimov (paraphrased)

Welcome to the USMB, Mohamed...

531bf1ab-3ada-42ef-8491-2ec7d5607b88_zps15c204f9.jpg

:)

assalamu alaikum

No one said anything to me about my posting in Klingonese...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back