Am I The Only One Who Thinks The Cold War Has Re-emerged?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, May 18, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    There is all the things going on in the Pacific, but plenty in former USSR 'spheres' of influence also:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/bush

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    If I were a paranoid (yes and no... hard to explain) kinda guy, I would say this points to some pretty ominous sh*t. We all need to remember.... HISTORY DOES REPEAT. I know YOU know that, but it seems as many don't and therefore, they bicker over sh*t that ends up doing NOTHING but leading us down the same path.... AGAIN!

The difference this time, WMD's really are spread very thinly across the world. Thinly, yet VERY dangerous. And it is ONLY a matter of time before some nut (not necessarily Muslim) uses one on somebody trying to be the tuff guy! (Russia, China, N. Korea, Pakistan, India, IRAN!)

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Exactly! I tried to rep, but seems you are on the favored list already. :teeth:

4. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

The communist philosophy at the end (?) of the "Cold War" was to fall back ....re-group...and destroy us from within...using the ACLU as their nuke!

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I believe that. There was a famous quote that I now can't remember that was posted outside our barracks when I was in Korea in 1986/87. It was a quote from some Soviet general given at some military university in Moscow in the 70's (?) about how they would let us become complacent and then destroy us from within. I have been trying for months to remember at least enough to google it. It was painted on a rock in front of our Quonset Hut at Camp Greaves.

6. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Geez...I thought it said..."Gonna love you long time GI...#10" opps that was Vietnam...sorry...LOL ;)

7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    ahhhh, what do you know... you just cheap charlie... me numba hana!